Fighting for Myself

nancyr

Great surprise you had ;)

My period used to be so steady until I started the Whole30 thing and then it found a new balance and didn't change up till I stopped coffee.  I was never aware of how much our foods and drinks impact our hormones and body.  I have no normal anymore, but have hopes that one day I will eat consistently well for the long haul.  Hope your back ache lets up a bit now - sounds pretty miserable.

Hi Nancy!

I am so happy that you are already having many successes on your journey already.

Make sure that you are getting enough starchy vegetables.  They will help keep the headaches at bay, the crankiness, the moodiness, CRAVINGS, etc.  Also going forward with period symptoms - make sure you eat more of everything in general because your body needs it.  I literally become a walking stomach a week before my period.  It means nearly doubling my portion sizes and eating plenty of starchy vegetables.  Usually one with each meal.

Do not be afraid of the starchy veg.

Things continued to get worse and I fell off the wagon.  :angry:  My boyfriend ordered Chinese last night and I indulged. Ugh! My ankles and feet are swollen. I'm ridiculously bloated and my pants are so tight that they are digging into my sides.  Massive headache. Skin hurts. Major thirst today. So mad at myself.

But, we all stumble and fall in life. The trick is to get back up again.  So, fresh start tomorrow because I feel so lousy that I've barely eaten today.  Mostly drinking water because I'm nauseous.  

Thanks for all your support.

It's been an off/on struggle since I fell off the wagon. One day on, one day (or one meal) off.  I am losing my mind from stress so it's been really hard to get back on track.  I'm not giving up yet. I figure that if even one of my meals is healthy, I'm on a better path than I was.  Cleaned out fridge yesterday and got rid of everything non-compliant. Grocery shopping tonight so hoping to get back on track tomorrow.  

Archived