April 1st Whole30 Start date anyone?

Tmroach2

• Administrators

I really cant believe that I am 7 days away and right now I am in the "Meh I dont care anymore I am going to have that breakfast taco" mode.  Even though everything I have done hasnt been "hard" and I feel the best I have in years...damn breakfast taco dragon keeps trying to get me. 

Or!  Make something taco-y for breakfast.  Make the meat with a homemade taco seasoning (internet!), make some super salty, garlicky guacamole, dice up some tomatoes and slice some olives and serve the whole thing over some pan fried sliced white potatoes and shredded iceberg!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still in and almost there!  Is anyone else feeling less hungry now?  

Question for the advanced members:  Is the Raw Coconut Nectar compliant / acceptable (its made by the Coconut Aminos people)?  My hubbie brought it home thinking it would be ok and I wasn't sure, since technically its a sweetener.  Thanks!!! 

Happy Belly all  :D

I'm still in and going to do it for 2 extra days - I'm planning to re-intro on Saturday...do we have to go down the list of re-intro with

day 1 legumes,

day 4 non-gluten grains,

day 7 dairies

day 10 gluten grains

or we can switch it up like

day 1 gluten-grains

day 4 dairies

day 7 legumes 

day 10 non-gluten grains

when can I re-intro sugar??

• Administrators

Still in and almost there!  Is anyone else feeling less hungry now?  

Question for the advanced members:  Is the Raw Coconut Nectar compliant / acceptable (its made by the Coconut Aminos people)?  My hubbie brought it home thinking it would be ok and I wasn't sure, since technically its a sweetener.  Thanks!!! 

Happy Belly all  :D

No coconut nectar, it's a sweetener.

• Administrators

I'm still in and going to do it for 2 extra days - I'm planning to re-intro on Saturday...do we have to go down the list of re-intro with

day 1 legumes,

day 4 non-gluten grains,

day 7 dairies

day 10 gluten grains

or we can switch it up like

day 1 gluten-grains

day 4 dairies

day 7 legumes

day 10 non-gluten grains

when can I re-intro sugar??

You can reintro in whatever order you like, making sure to leave at least 2-3 days in between each group. You do not have to reintro things that you have no intention of eating again, either. Note that when introducing legumes you should probably exclude soy products and do them on their own day.

There is no reintro day for sugar because sugar will never, ever make you healthier. Also, sugar is usually not its own ingredient, it's typically IN something which makes reintro more difficult. And beware, because anyone with a slumbering sugar dragon can awaken it in the blink of an eye with added sugars.

I know dairy is going to be problematic for me because I'm lactose intolerant but yet I love cheese!!

Here are a couple of non-compliant foods that I love and can't wait to re-introduced and hopefully it won't cause any problem for me...peanut butter....almond butter just doesn't taste the same. Corn - corn on the cob, corn niblets, baby corn

I'm not afraid of the sugar dragon because I don't have a sweet tooth but it is true a lot of stuff have hidden sugar that I have to watch out for...

What are some of your plans for after? Will you keep with most of it?

I'm planning to keep with most of it, but need to see what triggers my inflammation more on re-entry.

I saved money this month too so I'll definitely cook more going forward.

Thanks for the support and recipes!!

Archived