Wave 2 - more than whole30

Alexian28

Ok so I let my logging flag on my last one, and I ended my whole30 at day 26 when I unexpectedly had to go out of town.  My results from that whole30.... nothing.  Well ok I slept better.  The scale said I lost 10lb but it was all glycogen/water weight as I didn't lose a single inch (or fraction of an inch), my clothes didn't fit better, I didn't have more energy, my skin wasn't better, etc etc.  This was on top of being at the gym 6 days a week!  This round I'm cutting out all fruit and nuts, and going lighter on potatoes.  You'd think with 75lb to lose something would have budged.  Obviously my body needs WAY longer than 30 days.  So here we go, this will hopefully be a whole60 or 90 even, but I'd prefer to focus on 30 days at a time.

Day 1 3/29/2015

Breakfast:  4 eggs, tomato/carrot/bell peppers with ranch

Lunch: 2 sausages, broccoli and carrots tossed in ghee

Snack: 1 scrambled egg, carrots with ranch

Dinner: crackin' chicken with roasted zucchini and asparagus tossed in EVOO and spices. 

Huge headache and exhausted today.  Starving.  

Day 2 3/30/2015

Breakfast: 3 eggs with 1/2 sausage, tomato/carrot/bell pepper with ranch

Lunch: Salad with romaine, spinach, grilled chicken, tomato, ranch

Dinner: Salmon patties, roasted veggies (not sure what yet)

Still have my headache today though it's not as bad.  Sleepy.

Is your snack really a pre/post workout mini meal...are you still at the gym 6 days a week?

Dried fruit, nuts, nut butters are where the real carb bump comes from.   You don't have to delete real food carbs (your vegetables)... it's not the vegetables that cause the problems.   When fruit and nut snacking replaces meals, Houston, that's where the tweaks need to be made.   If you over-restrict with your vegetables, you can set yourself up with more cravings.

So eat more of all  - proteins, vegetables and good dietary fats...no need to scrimp on that goodness.  But any fruit/nutty snacks/bars...ahhhh, heck-a-toot , yes.

Archived