April Reintroductioners!!!

leaC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Thank you, ladyshanny! Those instructions are really clear. 

One more quest - my last bottle is half-filled. Does that one need burping as well? 

Much appreciated!! 

I would, just to be safe.  ;)

Keep strong zzravizz, glad our posts have inspired you!

Hi everyone in reintro stage.

I've 'once again' fallen off the reintro wagon, but I intend to get back on the horse, I always do.

We have a lot going on in our lives at the moment and mentally I'm not up to sticking to rules & spending so much time thinking about food, food, food (not to mention all that food prep)!

I am however leaning about my strengths, weaknesses, priorities & passions, each time I do a W30.

I'll be back on track soon....stay well & happy all!

Heya looks like the April reintroductioners is winding down. I plan on doing another W30 starting midMay after finishing up a diet plan using Ultrainflam360. Plan on starting May 10 through June 8.. Strange timing but it's bec of the Ultrainflam that I'm starting this monday and it's not W30 compliant as far as I can tell.

If it IS compliant, then maybe I'll start W30 this Monday!! Any suggestions, LadyShanny?

My meals would consist of just Ultrainflam and kombucha jello for M1 and M3 for the second week there and lunch of Salmon/greens or something similar. 

Speaking of kombucha - I am thoroughly enjoying my batch of sparkly kombucha! So good I had to give away a bottle to my housemates who loved it. :) Almost done with new batch - will bottle soon. Thank you, Ladyshanny for all the awesome tips!

And leaC, let's keep on! Want to do another W30 with me in May? What about you, Ladyshanny? Let's keep in touch. 

Hope you're all well and enjoying taking care of yourselves. :)

xob

• Administrators

Heya looks like the April reintroductioners is winding down. I plan on doing another W30 starting midMay after finishing up a diet plan using Ultrainflam360. Plan on starting May 10 through June 8.. Strange timing but it's bec of the Ultrainflam that I'm starting this monday and it's not W30 compliant as far as I can tell.

If it IS compliant, then maybe I'll start W30 this Monday!! Any suggestions, LadyShanny?

My meals would consist of just Ultrainflam and kombucha jello for M1 and M3 for the second week there and lunch of Salmon/greens or something similar. 

Speaking of kombucha - I am thoroughly enjoying my batch of sparkly kombucha! So good I had to give away a bottle to my housemates who loved it. :) Almost done with new batch - will bottle soon. Thank you, Ladyshanny for all the awesome tips!

And leaC, let's keep on! Want to do another W30 with me in May? What about you, Ladyshanny? Let's keep in touch. 

Hope you're all well and enjoying taking care of yourselves. :)

xob

Hey!  Nice to see you!

That ultrainflam is definitely NOT Whole30 approved, what with all the rice flour, rice bran, rice syrup, fructose, soybean oil etc.  Super curious why you are going to do this? I assume it's supposed to be an anti-inflammatory food replacement? As far as I can see though it's a bunch of known anti-inflammatories (turmeric, ginger, quercetin etc) in a super inflammey base?  Soybean oil is one of the worst inflammers out there and rice bran as well.

To be honest (because when am I ever not?), you'd do better following the Whole30 (maybe AIP if you feel you need it) and putting turmeric, ginger, garlic and all sorts of other natural anti-inflammers in your food. Also, this is basically going to be a starvation diet of sorts, if you are eating just this powder for two meals a day, you'll be getting 420 calories for breakfast and dinner in total.  That is not enough for an adult human and unless you are going to eat entire fishes and ALL the veggies drenched in ALL the fat at lunch, that's not cool.  :(

OK, I've said my piece.  Take it for what you will.  ;)

SO glad you are liking the kombucha, bet you can't imagine ever paying for it again!  :) I just bottled Guava Kiwi last week which was quite nice.  And I opened one of my Pomegranate Orange and it was SO fizzy, like an inch of foam on the top when I poured it!  Bottling this weekend and think I'll go with my old friend Mango Ginger.

I'm nearly ready for another Whole30....was thinking mid May myself, actually.  Husband is gone from May 11 - 18 so would be nice to have the first week alone with only myself to worry about! 

Bronny - it sounds like the perfect setup for more over-restriction, followed by a period of an appetite that comes roaring back.  A Slow Roll Reintro process is a way of making smart decisions when a Whole 30 is over. It's not too late to bounce back with good choices.  This sounds like about 500 calories aday.   

Over-restriction always puts someone that much further in the hole.   Continuing on with Whole 30 until you find your sea legs would be much better. Folks that come undone immediately following a Whole 30 always wish they had not.  You don't have to.   

I know you were thinking about keto at one time because of SIBO. I don't think that's the answer either.   Whole 30 is reasonable restriction.  You need more time to firm up a good strategy for going forward.

Over-restriction is a special kind of torture we can put ourselves through. It's not necessary. It's overwhelming.

Wow some wonderful feedback!! Thank you LadyShanny and Meadowlilly!!

Here's my take: I'm doing this bec of SIBO, which is driving me NUTS. I can't have a social life hardly bec of it. It's getting better but not gone and it flairs up so easily. My gut needs a rest. It's broken and it needs a rest - like how a broken arm needs a rest. That's how it feels anyhow....

I've done Ultraclear before under naturopath supervision and it worked wonders for my leaky gut. I learned a ton about nutrition. SIBO wasn't a known thing back then so I've struggled on and off ever since - struggled with my sweet tooth and habitual grazing. 

So that said, Whole 30 has really really helped. But even doing two W30s and being mostly good with the number of snafus I've had during reintro counted on one hand I still have SIBO.

THAT said, my doc (different one) has recommended another remedy called  ClearVite GL by Apex for gut healing. I could eat 3 small meals and do this stuff for the L-glutamine, L-Lysine, and several other gut healing ings. This actually does look better than Ultraclear and may be compliant. LadyShanny

One last thought - I could simply  start W30 in May and take another dose of antibiotics for my SIBO. Antibiotics isn't noncompliant is it? Bec what you both said really hits home - why not just do another W30? I could take L glutamine and L Lysine supps and the turmeric just eat on my own - yah. Thanks for all the support!!!

• Administrators

That looks like a suitable supplement and is Whole30 compliant. Plus, it's not replacing any meals.

I feel badly for you that you are struggling with this and I totally understand wanting to try something to get rid of it. I don't have this type of problem but I will say that it has taken nearly a year of consistent Whole30 eating for my mentrual hormones to regulate so it could just be a matter of keeping on keeping on. You've had the condition for awhile, it's going to take awhile to get rid of it. I would try and stay as close to Whole30 as you can and make sure that whatever offroading you do isn't something that actually makes SIBO worse.

Y'know, Ladyshanny, your reminders are SO ON! I am grappling with habits and issues that have taken me a whole lifetime to develop. But y'know, I'm seeing the light. Seriously, truly. Damn! It's pretty cool. Guess it just takes a certain amount of suffering as they say...

And I hear your about menstrual hormones. VERY cool that you were willing to make positive changes for yourself through W30. Sounds like you are finding relief. I look to Ladyshanny as well as Meadowlilly and LeaC to emulate and cultivate good habits.. 

There are times when I just want a shortcut. But then if an angel or alien being or naturopath came down from the heavens and blessed me with a clean, healthy gut today, I would most likely default into some sugarcrack telling myself just this once or this week or this month.... I know myself well enough to know that...

THANK YOU I truly feel gratitude here. I'm sending the ultraclear BACK (ordered from Amazon) and supplementing my May W30 with ClearViteGL. :) Starting May 1. I'll open a new forum for anyone who wants to join, either on May 1 or 11 (ladyshanny).  :P

Bronny, you know...I just gotta ask you this question....why are you waiting until May 1st?  You can start on odd or even number days...on any day of the month.  The best time is today.  Cold Turkey.  Get right back on that horse and ride.

Do you have a firm plan for this next week?

There are no short cuts that bring genuine results. Sorry! :)

No sorry required.   It's not easy being a Moderator and speaking the stone cold truth out...it's not.  Someone has to speak it out.   Understood and appreciated, Lady Shanny.

Meadowlilly - starting May 1 cuz I just finished making a batch of 24 hour yogurt. And my b day is tomorrow. :) (I'm not going all hog wild though. Just some gluten free beer tonight and a gluten free sugar free fruit sweetened $147.32 cupcake.)

So this week I'll be W30 compliant except for 24 hr yogurt, which I'm doing ok with in moderation. Also will be finishing up my fresh batch of paleo bread through end of April, made with coconut flour and crushed macadamia nuts. SO GOOD! I will miss this esp. in May.

Ladyshanny - ditto Meadowlilly - I hear you on the shortcut thing. NO sorry required. That said, it doesn't mean the journey has to be long and hard and laborious either. In fact my resistance to the journey is what makes it long and hard and laborious. Really it's only been four months. And I'm getting better.... so it's a good thing!

Happy Birthday!  

One last  coach000.gif before I leave you in Lady Shanny's capable hands.

soapbox.gif  The journey becomes long, hard and laborious when we don't get in there and pull those wild roots out of the road. Sometimes it takes a mountain of desperation, a troubled sea or a desert to get ahold of me. It took a health crisis before I made real changes in my life.  For a prize fighter, it's all about the swings and roundabouts.  Enjoy your birthday!  I don't want you to clock me.  :lol: 

Archived