Tomorrow is my last day on W30 but I'm nervous about reintroduction.

Stingray

I did it! After tomorrow I have accomplished my goal. I almost didn't do it the first week because stress in my job and my go to stress releaser , a glass of wine was hard to resist. But even more then my vino, I missed diary-creamer in my coffee. I'm just a better person with my two cup in the morning and some cream in my coffee.

But what I'm nervous about is I will have coffee with cream after tomorrow for the first time in 30 days then my understanding is back to W30 for 2 days ,then re-introduce alcohol for one day but no diary. - grains is next -then W30 for two more days.

So, technically I am not to have my coffee or wine for 10 days after the one day of reintroduction. Is that correct?

Just wondering why not one day and document your reaction to the group of foods?

• Moderators

Yes, you have the schedule right.

The reason that you do one reintro and then wait a few days after is that you can have delayed reactions to things that don't show up immediately -- for instance, you could have grains three times on grain reintro day and find that it doesn't cause immediate problems, but then you find you've developed a couple of zits a day or two later. So if you'd had grains, and the next day dairy, you wouldn't be sure which one really caused the reaction. You also need a clean slate between each reintroduction, so technically, if you had a really bad reaction to something and it wasn't cleared up in two days, you wouldn't want to go ahead with the reintroduction schedule, because there would be no way to tell if you were having a new reaction to something, or a continuation of the bad reaction you were already having.

If you think that having wine or coffee with creamer may cause cravings for those things, you might want to put them off until the end of your reintro period. 

That makes sense, food takes time to affect the body After my 30 days did a weigh in and I lost 12 pounds! I'm totally stoked. Fully commited now, I will do the reintroduction but I'm thinking of doing another W30 to get to my ideal weight. Who need creamers and wine when you on cloud 9.

I will do my dairy do clean for 2 days and so on. I'm at the weight I had when I was seeing a trainer and 700 dollars poorer. I'm still exercising but not as much. I know if I get the nutrition down the exercises will come with the added motivation.

You're in good hands up above there and I'm so thrilled you're on Cloud 9.

cloud9.jpg

US Weather Bureau. The story is that this organization describes (or once described) clouds by an arithmetic sequence. Level Nine was the very highest cumulonimbus, which can reach 30,000 or 40,000 feet and appear as glorious white mountains in the sky. So if you were on cloud nine you were at the very peak of existence.  

1160255.png

Ok, update.i got really sick during my reintroduce with body ache, stuff nose and headaches. It happened after my diary reintroduce. I don't think it had to do with diary, the pollen count was really high in Cafifornia. The allergies turned to a full blown cold.

I had zero energy so I quit. I thought I had low of immune system. I had soy and rice-having suchi my comfort food. Now I'm kicking myself.

Ok, update.i got really sick during my reintroduce with body ache, stuff nose and headaches. It happened after my diary reintroduce. I don't think it had to do with diary, the pollen count was really high in Cafifornia. The allergies turned to a full blown cold.

I had zero energy so I quit. I thought I had low of immune system. I had soy and rice-having suchi my comfort food. Now I'm kicking myself.

I will tell you, I had that reaction to dairy--and it was the dairy.  It keeps happening, no matter how many times I test.  I would try again, but don't dismiss that the congestion and achiness could be coming from a problem with dairy (and more likely, casein).

Wow, I will keep that it mind(Dairy). I found out the stuff I missed I don't really crave them so much. Even my beloved drink of wine it's been 6 weeks and my go to stress releaser- don't need as much. I don't think I would ever said that before.

Another update- I wind up spending Easter with the fine folks in the emergency room. My so called cold got worse, my over the counter meds weren't working. Doctor said I had a sinus infection. Eventually I got stronger Meds and I'm on the mend. Unfortunately, I couldn't even do the seven days that looked so easy after W30.

My takeaways so far is that I got a deeper appreciation for natural foods cooked and the convenience of process foods is that is not worth the convenience. Also, staying away from sugars, dairy, grains ,alcohol and legumes (which is hard at first but not so much later) is a way to drop some pounds and appreciated food that are healthy. And lastly -is that I am now an ingredient label reader and I know what some of those nasty stuff they put in food to make it taste better and last forever- does to your beautiful body.

I am so happy I found this book and I must say best book for me 2015. No contest.

And I dare say a life changer.

Archived