Sick of Meat!!!

jimswyf

I am in my second week and I am so sick of meat!!! I've never been very good at cooking meat anyway. But the first week everything I made from well fed and nom nom paleo was so good. But now everything I have as leftovers tastes too strongly spiced. Today I made pork chops and chicken breasts to get me thru until Sunday cooking day, but they both ended up dry and gross. Probably because I was cooking hungry and impatient. Now i'm discouraged! I have nothing to bring to work for lunch and I can't do eggs for lunch as I've been doing them for almost every breakfast!

You have to try something else. I think sometimes spices are a bit too overused. I'm happy a lot of times with plain old salt and pepper on roasted turkey breast. I love ground beef or lamb crumbles, too. A little spice goes a long way, indeed. You will get better at preparing meat. How about making some chili?

We like making a bacon and cabbage stir fry at home.

For two people we use:

4 slice bacon

1 onion

Handful of Mushrooms (i have big hands though)

Half a head of cabbage

Chop the bacon into small pieces and cook in some coconut oil. take the bacon out and stir fry the veg (which is chopped while bacon cooking) in the bacon fat emining in the pan. when at its desired doneness, add the bacon back in and give it a good stir.

We think it's awesome, we deliberatly keep it simple as my daughter (22 mo) loves it and we dont want to put her off with too much spice.

for breakfast, i've done a butternut squash with coconut milk and ground pecans/nuts. it's like a porridge and gets you out of the eggs and bacon rut. also, you can do an easy salmon dish with lemon and rosemary. just season the salmon with salt and then lay a piece of lemon, then rosemary, then salmon, then rosemary and then lemon on a baking dish. drizzle it with olive oil. bake for 20 mins and you have a good fish dish. lemon piccatta also works if you use coconut flour.

I made homemade mayo and then generously rubbed a chicken breast with it, and rolled it in finely chopped chasews and walnuts. Then I baked it for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.

It was really moist (I imagine from the mayo) and the nuts gave it a new texture that took my mind off the meat factor.

Thanks so much! This really helps. In all my "feeling-sorry-for-myself" I completely forgot about seafood. I have a whole bag of frozen shrimp and several salmon filets in the freezer. this morning I brought frozen chx broth, can of coconut milk, handful of shrimp, an avocado, a lemon, pinch of red pepper flakes, and a green onion bunch to work all separate. Kinda a grab and go thing. At work I assembled this all in a microwave safe bowl and heated it up. It was wonderful and fresh tasting. Kinda "on the go" Tom Kha soup. Ahhh. My taste buds have been revived. Thanks for all your ideas. Tonight I think I will have salmon for dinner and might try that nut crusted chicken soon!

Archived