nana

breakfast: egg, snow pea pods in ghee and 2 tbls applesauce hot tea

lunch: leftover stir fry with chicken, carrots,onions, mushrooms and pea pods

dinner probably a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots olive oil dressing

or

breakfast: 3 mini turkey/blueberry egg muffins

lunch: tuna salad on lettuce wrap with mayo and tomatoes

dinner: small amount of chocolate chili with 1/2 avocado and cauliflower

sometimes in between i will have small amounts of fruit or a few cashews(because i need the calories)

everything tastes blah(my husband thinks everything tastes great)

i drink water and coffee with coconut milk and occasionally a la croix (fizzy water)

seemed to hit me this last week after being on whole 30 at least 2 weeks

oh i also eat as much sweet potato as i can, that tastes good to me but would not add up to much volume

Do you feel like you're coming down with a cold?  Or, is it more a matter of shaking thing up a bit?  Maybe try some new recipes to give you something you're looking forward to eating?

Also, some of your meals look small, or lacking in protein or vegetables. Aim to get closer to the recommended portions in the template: 1-2 palms of protein (length, width and thickness of the palm of your hand), 1-3 cups of veggies and a compliant fat at every single meal. When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number of eggs you can hold in one hand: for most folks, that's at least 3-4 eggs.

If you are hungry enough to want a snack between meals, make the snack a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

well, that is sorta what i did with the chocolate chili  everyone raves about and it just had very little flavor and i couldn't eat much.  there is no way i could eat 3 or 4 eggs.  I'm just trying to eat enough to nourish my body even though the food had little taste..things i like are burgers, sweet potato fries,bananas, and some lettuce wraps.  so i'll just plug through and hope this is just temporary.

any ideas that could add some calories as i am very thin and probably loosing weight?

you need to eat more. for real. This is important. You may not think you can eat more than one egg but you can. you really really can.

I don't know how you were eating before the whole30 but if you were coming from a standard american diet, your taste buds may be accustomed to a big hit of sweet/salt/fat, and in contrast to that, real whole food can taste bland. Try adding really good quality fat (like ghee and coconut oil) and really good quality salt (like celtic or himalayan sea salt) to your meals and see if that makes a difference. If you need to eat between meals, have more of the same foods you have at meals (not fruit or nuts). One trick is to make a plate up that fits the meal template, eat as much as you can, then cover the plate and stick it in the fridge until you feel like snacking.

And yes, plug along. For some people it is just a matter of time before this food starts tasting good--good for you taking on the project of retraining your taste buds!

any ideas that could add some calories as i am very thin and probably loosing weight?

This article on maintaining weight on a Whole30 has some good tips.

If you think you can't eat 3 eggs, have at least 2 and work your way up. Also, add some veggies to your rotation beyond sweet potatoes and lettuce. So many choices out there. This seasonal produce guide may give you some more ideas. 

Archived