Not an April Fools joke...I started Whole 30 today

hebchill

I am a 32 year old guy and want to begin to get my health back on track before my birthday next month.  Its super weird.  I am pretty sure I am not the only one who had a "last meal" day last night.  I really just ate like normal aka bad but knowing I am doing this for 30 days (and hopefully making it a permanent lifestyle change) I had dreams about all the foods I wont be eating and even though I had a big filling breakfast (bacon, eggs, tomatios, fruit) I am already craving the carbs and bread.  The good thing is I have been soda and nicotine free for 212 days now so I dont have to worry about that part.  Anyway, I am excited about this and cant wait to see how good I feel in 30 days. 

Hi hebchill,

I totally had a 'last meal' last night too...LOL.  Eating my gooey, cheesy chicken quesadilla with sour cream, I was thinking, "girl, this is not going to make tomorrow or the next 30 days any easier!!".... but DANG it tasted good.  Really hoping I lose my dairy and sugar cravings during this process.

I am starting this thing real last minute (my boyfriend left on a 4 week business trip this morning and he is my biggest stumbling block when it comes to eating right so I just decided to do this last night!).  My cupboards are bare, so I had to improvise this morning with a stir fry of chopped onions, kale, and carrots and a piece of tilapia.  It wasn't a typical breakfast at all, but it tasted great.  I read somewhere on here that if you just think of your food as '3 healthy meals' and not specifically 'breakfast, lunch, and dinner' that you can get a little more creative and not get sick and tired of eggs.  We'll see???  Off to the store tonight to stock up.

CONGRATS on the soda and nicotine freedom!!!!  Those are two very tough cookies to shake. If you can do that, you can certainly work the rest of this plan!!  We are all in this together... here is to sticking with it and feeling great!

Ummm,  are you a singer?  :rolleyes: 

Well if you mean do I sing professionally?  No.  If you mean do I sing at the top of my lungs very badly while driving?  Yes.  I also like to sing at karaoke but I really am not a good singer.  :P

Well if you mean do I sing professionally?  No.  If you mean do I sing at the top of my lungs very badly while driving?  Yes.  I also like to sing at karaoke but I really am not a good singer.  :P

You're not April Fools'in me now, are ya?  pinocchio.gif

Really hoping I lose my dairy and sugar cravings during this process.

You and me both.  It hasnt even been 24 hours but I know that I know I cant have sugar and so I want it and bread.  I really want bread.  

I went shopping last minute last night.  Picked up fruit, veggies, bacon and eggs. Then when lunch was coming up I thought it would be easy to find a Whole 30 restaraunt/fast food place but it looks like its not super easy.  So I went to Whole Foods and found some awesome Chili Lime Chicken breast and jerky thats Whole 30 approved.  EPIC Bites is the brand.  Its really good. Good luck!  We got dis! 

You can do it! I'm starting my first Whole30 today too. I've cut refined carbs (bread/grains/sugar) out of my diet for a few months now (well, except for desserts & cheat meals, eck!), and I can assure you, it's totally worth it. No more of that "tired feeling" all day. Great job on cutting soda and nicotine already! Rootin' for ya.

So.... how did the first day go?

I made it.. but sure did crave something sweet about an hour after dinner last nigh.  :(  I just grabbed some berries and that seemed to do the trick.

I went to the store after work so am all stocked up.  What a relief!  If I know I have healthy, approved options in the house, I am much less likely to stray.

Today started with a scramble of ground turkey, broccoli slaw and eggs in coconut oil.  Lunch is leftovers from last night (thankfully, i have no problem eating the same food several days in a row).  Chicken with a curry stir fry of sweet potatoes, onions, mushrooms, and kale.  It was delish!  Tonight will be a big salad: romaine, chicken (from last night) avo, hard boiled eggs. (...and probably more berries when i feel i need dessert!)

Hang in there... we can do it!

but sure did crave something sweet about an hour after dinner last nigh.  I just grabbed some berries and that seemed to do the trick.

(...and probably more berries when i feel i need dessert!)

Just a heads up that feeding sweet cravings with fruit will keep your sugar dragon alive.

So.... how did the first day go?

I made it.. but sure did crave something sweet about an hour after dinner last nigh.   :(  I just grabbed some berries and that seemed to do the trick.

I went to the store after work so am all stocked up.  What a relief!  If I know I have healthy, approved options in the house, I am much less likely to stray.

Today started with a scramble of ground turkey, broccoli slaw and eggs in coconut oil.  Lunch is leftovers from last night (thankfully, i have no problem eating the same food several days in a row).  Chicken with a curry stir fry of sweet potatoes, onions, mushrooms, and kale.  It was delish!  Tonight will be a big salad: romaine, chicken (from last night) avo, hard boiled eggs. (...and probably more berries when i feel i need dessert!)

Hang in there... we can do it!

I am paying for my "last meal" on Tuesday.  I have had a headache and been feeling flush all day.  Been drinking lots of water.  Had bacon and eggs for breakfast but havent really been hungry.  

Hang in there, heb!  This too shall pass..... I like what you said in the other post: if you are feeling this crappy as it is leaving you, it REALLY must be not good for you.  Every day, meal, bite of the right kinds of foods is pushing your forward on this new road of health.  Hoping you feel better tomorrow!

Just a heads up that feeding sweet cravings with fruit will keep your sugar dragon alive.

Darn that sugar dragon!!!  He has been on my back for YEARS!... hoping to slay him once and for all this month.  Thanks for the reminder!

Archived