Bone Broth with Coconut Oil

Hello...I am new and enjoying learning about the whole30 program.

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with adding coconut oil to their mug of bone broth? Seems like this would be an interesting combination and another way to get some more healthy fat in the diet.

Thank You.

I'm a daily bone broth drinker too.

I always add fat to my cup of broth. When I'm not doing Whole30 I add grass-fed butter and MCT oil. During Whole30 I'm going to just add coconut oil. Or maybe ghee and MCT oil.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies everybody...I did skim the fat off the bone broth that I made and I tried it with and without coconut oil. I really like it both ways and the coconut oil definitely added a little twist to the taste. This is definitely a great way to add a little variety to your bone broth.

Ok. If you are using high quality protein (which i hope you are), please consider eating the fat from the broth as well (whether in the broth or skimmed off to use in cooking, etc). This is nutrient-dense stuff. It would be a shame to throw it away.

I have also used the fat,  I skim off my broth, to drizzle over my salads or steamed veggies, add a tablespoon to my broth, and just put some of it in my mayo(I used 1/4 c. of chicken fat).  It gave it a good flavor.  Duck fat has a nice flavor too, and I have used it in the same way.

I agree, It is too good to throw away.  It also freezes well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived