Number One Tip!

My one tip would be, yes, you really do need to eat that much fat at every meal - and if in doubt add more fat.  If you've followed the old conventional low fat diet for as many years as I have that was the hardest thing for me to grasp and come to terms with. I literally felt greasy for the first 3 days, and every time I thought back on what I ate I'd feel nauseous.   I have never intentionally eaten that much fat on a day to day basis (although when bingeing I obviously ate tons, and not healthy fats by any means). I knew my problems were all mental so I kept plugging away and came to embrace the fat. And you know what? I love it! My body loves it, my skin loves it, it keeps me happy and satisfied. :D

The linchpin, for me, is to follow the meal template and do a weekly cook-up/prep session. Yeah, yeah... breakfast is a pain, etc. Figure out a way to make it work for you. Prep it the night before so you can grab and go, fix an alternate protein if you're sick of eggs. Just eat. If I miss breakfast, there will be nothing that satisfies me during the day.

The weekly cook-up makes breakfast easier (grab a handful of protein and a few handfuls of veggies, toss it in the skillet, and done) and helps ensure that I still eat when I come home from work too braindead to function. Or in really dire straights, my husband can fridge-forage and toss something together.

• 4 weeks later...

Just eat! My biggest tip is follow the template and don't be scared of your servings sizes! PILE on the veggies, eat fat- and by this I mean always add a fat source even if you just cooked something up in coconut oil or ghee etc...same with protein, make sure it is a proper size for you to make sure you are satisfied until next meal. I also kept things SUPER simple, didn't worry about trying too many of the recipes out there as wanted it to be easy as possible so I know I could sustain this type of lifestyle after. I would cook up my meat on the weekends usually and make sure to have plenty of raw veg, olives, and avocado each week. I also learned that I do have time to make myself eggs every morning and really enjoy it now! Same goes for salads with eggs for meal 1! Anything goes. Your tastes and cravings will change. I was always one to crave fast food, now I just keep craving a good steak :)

Just eat! My biggest tip is follow the template and don't be scared of your servings sizes! PILE on the veggies, eat fat- and by this I mean always add a fat source even if you just cooked something up in coconut oil or ghee etc...same with protein, make sure it is a proper size for you to make sure you are satisfied until next meal. I also kept things SUPER simple, didn't worry about trying too many of the recipes out there as wanted it to be easy as possible so I know I could sustain this type of lifestyle after. I would cook up my meat on the weekends usually and make sure to have plenty of raw veg, olives, and avocado each week. I also learned that I do have time to make myself eggs every morning and really enjoy it now! Same goes for salads with eggs for meal 1! Anything goes. Your tastes and cravings will change. I was always one to crave fast food, now I just keep craving a good steak :)

Simplicity has worked for me, too. 

It seems that a large number of replies by moderators includes a variation of "Eat more."

I think my best suggestion to a new W30er is to forget how and what you've been eating. Jump in and follow the templates and recommendations.

Like the trapeze analogy: You can't get to the other side if you don't let go.

Archived