Starting April 7th

mrsarainey

Tulip One of my goals for this whole30 is to sit and eat breakfast (rather than stuffing food in my mouth while getting ready/making kids lunches etc). The quickest thing for me would be left overs zapped in the microwave. First test of this will be tomorrow (work day) just have to drag myself out of bed earlier :)

Last night i dreamed I was eating chocolate, So. Much. Chocolate. Took me a minute when I woke up to work out if I had to start over, lol.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Kage.  I had a dream last night that i was transporting cupcakes somewhere and some frosting got on my thumb and I licked it.  It was just a gut reaction and I was so upset with myself knowing I'd have to start over.  Was so grateful when I woke up!  

Tulip, I have been eating my delish breakfast in the car while driving to work.  Not exactly what the Whole30 recommends, and probably not super safe either!  But, I just can't seem to get up early enough for the time to sit and eat at the table.  I'm working on it....

I think i am going to try a quiche like recipe I found on Pinterest and use that to eat on during the week.  The crust was just grated sweet potatoes mixed with an egg and S&P.  The press it into the pie tin and bake for about 25 minutes.  after it cools, fill with your choice of veggies and protein and then pour the eggs over it all and bake again for another 40 minutes or so.  I think i will try mushrooms, onions, spinach and sausage for my first try.  That should taste similar to my 'fave' breakfast, and be super quick and easy to heat up and eat each morning.  I'll let you know how it turns out...

Also, I am not much on working out, but found a kind of cool progressive work out video (21 day challenge) on Redbook.com that I am trying. You start with one exercise (a plank) not the first day, then add another exercise to it each day.  At the end of 21 days, you have 21 exercises you are doing daily.   It's not much, but for someone like me, it is perfect!

Day 4 down and 26 to go for me.... we can do this!!

That sounds tasty - and I think I have something similar saved on my Pinterest board. I'm going to try to do some advance food prep today. The school term starts again tomorrow and it'll be a lot harder to be organised then. I might even have to eat breakfast in the car!!

I'm just waking up to day 5 and feeling lighter and brighter.

How's everyone doing?

Hi Kage

Did the chocolate dream weaken or strengthen your resolve, I wonder. Dreams are supposed to be very common. There is rarely anything left over for breakfast in our house, but perhaps I will adjust my quantities a little so that I don't have to be creative first thing.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I was just so relieved when I woke up that I didn't have to start over!! I had a weird dream night 2 of my first whole30 too. I am so glad a kept a journal, i have been reading through it quite a bit the last few days.

With breakfast serve yourself up your breakfast serve when you serve up dinner. Then no one can pinch it having seconds :)

That quiche recipe sounds yum. Let us know how it turns out. I have made this one a few times (i can't get compliant bacon but i use procuttio instead)

http://grokgrub.com/2013/06/10/recipe-sweet-potato-quiche/

It does 4 mornings for breakfast with a bit of salad.

Feeling wiped out tonight. Waiting for my chocolate chilli to be ready and then bed wont be too far away :)

Today is the start of day 6 for me and I'm feeling pretty great! I'm having 2 fried eggs over a baked sweet potato for breakfast before I head out to a yoga class (the only form of exercise I've been able to stick to). I have a love hate relationship for eggs but yesterday I put hot sauce on my eggs and I feel back in love with eggs again.

Today is my meal prep day. I am going to make a large pot of chili for lunches during the week. I'm also planning on hard boiling eggs and making a bunch of meatballs for emergency protein.

What is everyone else planning? I'm always looking for new ideas! :-)

I hope everyone has a great day!

Day 4 for me & finding it tough to find my hunger! Was massively hungry for the first three days and today I don't have the desire to eat. Making myself have the three meals anyway.

Have lamb roasting in the oven for tonight's dinner with hopefully leftovers for some week lunches. I realise I get food boredom pretty quickly though! Otherwise doing fine so far, just slightly nervous reading through some other posts post-whole30 that I won't even be able to indulge every now and again in certain foods and wondering if that is what I really want or not...or that may be the sugar demon trying to get me to stop?

Just scared in the future to not even be able to have a bowl of pasta once in a while, I'm italian so food is obviously a huge deal especially at family occasions!

Guest ABurkett

I just typed an entire essay on here from my phone an "error occurred". Great.

Hello everyone!

I'll try to repost here shortly.

Hi Gm20

Only you know if this is for you. It doesn't have to be forever, but can make you feel more in touch yr food and more mindful.

I know that I have doubts when I'm finding it tough and torment myself about whether there's a better way because it seems unsustainable. However, I also know that it's going to do me good - I already feel better.

There's nothing to stop you going back to established eating habits after if you want to, but if you give up now, you'll never know.

Hi rcubillan

I'm just preparing to go back to work tomorrow (I'm a teacher) but we too are having lamb later - with garlic and rosemary and I too am hoping tondo some food prep for the week later.

Do you just leave the beans out of your chilli?

Any good food ideas very welcome. Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'hot sauce'? I don't think we have it in the UK :)

Guest ABurkett

Haha. I sometimes I have food dreams. What a relief when you awake from your whole30 failure. Lol. 

My husband ate a slice of pizza in front of me yesterday. I was going to post a photo, but I'll protect his innocence. Anyway, he's supportive and asked if it was ok for him to have it. Yesterday pizza wasn't a trigger for me, but some days it is. However, I did want chips or some sort of finger food to snack on. Something about a handy snack especially on the weekends.

Tulip, I love your advice for gm20.

Guest ABurkett

LJT,

I like the idea of the progressive workouts. Sounds gentle on the body too!

I think I will check that out!

Hi Tulip,

You are, of course, right. I guess my fear is that I will become so overly sensitive that even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to return to established eating habits. But then again why would I want to eat something that is obviously affecting my body so adversely?!

thanks for listening though, it helps to write these things out!

Hi Vance,

Coming from an eating primal standpoint rather than purely Whole30, I would tend to just take some nuts or cut-up vegetables with me when flying to snack on instead of other food. But that article Tulip posted has lots more ideas! Good luck!

Day 6 is almost over and we did good so far. We had family visiting, so I made some potatogratin for them, I licked the fork that I used to try if the potatoes were done...I realized what I did and frantically spit it out again. And an hour later my husband did the same thing with the whipped cream we served our guests with the fruit salad, I caught him before he swallowed...Are We exaggerating? Would a tiny bit of cream on the finger really mess us up? Or are you just taking it more seriously if they say you have to start over when you slipped up?

We don't really feel different so far, but we are having lots of good food, that's always nice. There are so many great food blogs out there that really help.

Hi Karen

I don't know how big the sin needs to be before you'd begin again. I just know that, for me, one lick would lead to two and so on ...

I too am feeling the benefit of eating lots of nice food - long may it continue, as I suspect boredom with it will make my focus wander.

Archived