Whole 7 + 30: Ready(or not) - Hep

Nadia B

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30. WHAAAT.

M1. 1/2 plantain and taco meat. spoon of sun butter and a coffee.  

M2. Pre wo roastbeef and avocado because hungry. Gym. Amazing stability and core work, my coach is into all sorts of crawls and interesting stabilization moves. Love her. Sumo squats and kettlebell circuit. Crushed it even though I am a little tight. Post WO 1/2 plantain and roastbeef. 

M3. Taco meat and salad with guac. Workouts get me starving but I like late lunches a lot. Banana. 

M4. Sausage with broccoli and potatoes.  

Yoga with my friend tonight and a concert after. 

I have so many thoughts and feelings, but tomorrow will be likely compliant as well. Write up to follow.  

2A61DB63-2811-4427-A92A-3547D2E59EB4_zps

• Moderators

Can't wait for your write up, NB. It's been wonderful to follow along with you this time around. All in all you seem to be in such a terrific place, living strong, enjoying life, and you've worked out so many kinks for yourself. Huge congratulations! 

I have nothing much to report to be honest. 

Biggest gains:

- Performance and recovery reevaluation.  I was able to workout more without crazy DOMs or hitting the wall on the regular. It's boring and not sexy to bring chicken to the gym. I wish that this "beast mode" didn't require so much prep and effort. I have to admit that precise workout nutrition pays off  -_-

- Sleep. Even through the hard stressful times my sleep has improved. I also believe that shifting my workouts to the lunch time has helped enormously. 

- Digestion. Remember when I said that I don't seem to have trouble with odd bites of this and that at the beginning of my round? Yes, I was very wrong again. By the second week of this round I was regular like a clock, I did not have odd headaches that I was getting from whey bars, I did not have crazy brick in my stomach like after eating corn. Damned, I love cornbread and arepas :( My stomach started to feel flat and "normal" vs inflating after the meal. I have also figured for the time being - plantains and potatoes are my friends, sweet potato and squash are not. 

- Navigating trough situations like eating out with vegans, birthdays, bbqs, family events (crazy Italian Mama with the pot of pasta!) and lots of parties and making it work with food available (or running to the convenience store in the middle of the party). No regrets or pity parties were experienced. I felt very much in control which is great.  

- Breaking from the paralysis by the analysis or perfectionism mindset. I was at the place where I was scrutinizing every food choice. It was a good reminder that I don't need it in my life. 

Biggest downfalls: 

- Slacking on meditation. It is crucial for me and I have to put extra effort into this. 

- Snacking. Sometimes I was eating deconstructed meals and I didn't like it all that much. 

- Lack of prep time which lead to less than optimal nutrition. 

- Sun butter definitely got me through this, but there are better fats out there. 

- My goal was learn to rest but I got an unlimited gym membership instead. I tried to stay committed to the active recovery days and listen to my body signals. More mindfulness won't hurt here. 

I am still compliant. I have celebrated the end of this whole30 with a 6 am workout and a 6 min plank  B) All packed and ready to go for an island adventure. 

Love, N. 

P.S I don't know what happened with my weight or measurements because I don't have scales or tape. I do have a body image dysmorphia to an extent. I have fluctuated from chubby to skinny to really skinny to chubby to muscular in these two years. I got really tired of thinking if I am "ok" or not. What is this ok anyways? I got tired of wasting all of my energy on living in the slim Nadia future. I dug up my lowest weight photo to check in with myself. I looked at it and tried to see how I feel. A year ago I'd probably cry and get really upset at how much "bigger" I am now, but right now I see Nadia in picture #1 and I see Nadia in picture #2 (pardon silly gym selfie). That's all. 

Archived