Another Whole30 Wrap-Up

shortystylee

It's been about a week since I finished my Whole30, and I've been slacking on actually doing a write-up... oops. 

I started whole30 as an "accountabili-buddy" to my best friend whose doctor had recommended she try it for a variety of reasons, which are not mine to go into. Funny story, for about a week prior to her telling me this, I was finding myself perusing the Whole30 website thinking about it anyways, so I jumped at the chance to do this with someone else.

What was I expecting to get out of it? Not sure. I'm very active (workout w/ personal trainer 2x week, running 3-4x week, crossfit 3x week, plus extras in the summer like mountain biking), and while eating fairly healthy and meal planning isn't an issue, I still have fat I'd like to lose and areas I want toned up (...don't we all?).

I'm going to start this off by saying that I'm short - 4'11".

Start Info!

Weight: 122.6 lbs

Biceps: 12 3/4 in

Waist: 30 in

Hips: 40 in

Thigh: 23 in

Most of what I noticed throughout the month was how my pants fit. I had a couple pairs of work khakis that were always tight out of the wash that no longer were, a pair of jeans that were always a bit uncomfortable fit perfectly, and a few pairs of workout leggings which were also loose. I've also had several people comment that my face looks leaner.

One of the biggest perks was that for the whole month I had not even one upset tummy or digestive issue. Before, despite know that dairy and I are not besties, I would weight the pros and cons, often ending up with cheese on a burger, cream in tomato sauce, or a whole pint of an appropriately portioned serving of gelato, leaving me with nothing but distress soon afterwards.

End info!

Weight: 120.2 lbs

Biceps: 12 1/2 in

Waist: 29 3/4 in

Hips: 39 1/2 in

Thigh; 22 5/8 in

Total pounds lost: 2.4 lbs

Total inches lost: 1 3/8 in

Overall, I think it was a great thing to do. I got to eat a lot of delicious food, saved money by not eating out except a couple times, and I think the general idea of Whole30 & Paleo is something I am going to continue going forward. I've re-introduced the items I know I will eat at some point in the future (GF grains, regular grains, soy, legumes) and am not bothering with dairy since I already know how that will go.

Here's to more good food and a happy tummy! :)

I liked your style and posts from the get-go.   Nice job all the way around.   I hope your best friend fared as well as you did.

I like your common sense approach to everything.  You're happy with 2 lbs for your height.   A size 00 was not your main attraction.  Thanks for your balanced take aways.   

Archived