what's for dinner...April?

rizzo0904

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far this week we've had roast beef, cracklin chicken and oven fried salmon cakes. Tomorrow is fiesta pork chops, Thursday a paleo plantain beef pie, Friday lamb chops and Saturday chilli. I love a good meal plan ;-)

Rebe...how do you make your meatballs? Y recipe has cheese and bread crumbs...so a no go.

I use the recipe in Well Fed2 by Melissa Joulwan. She offers many variations. I make up a lot and freeze them.

Doing a boiled dinner of a sort.... compliant sausages boiled with potatoes, onion, garlic and baby carrots and a big pan of roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower and one lone parsnip that was starting to fade. Going to serve the boiled portion with ghee and thyme, salt and pepper, and the roasted veg probably drizzled with additional olive oil. Yum! 

Last night made Butternut Squash

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/

Bora Bora Fire Balls (with ground turkey)

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/03/05/bora-bora-fireballs/

also made some cole slaw with raisins and walnuts.

The butternut squash was AMAZING..... hit the spot and just what I needed!! so good!

Just made a spinach meatball soup...so good! Meatballs are one pound pork, one pound beef, two eggs, diced onion, minced garlic, tomato paste, spices.

Soup...saute up onion, celery and carrots until tender. Add six cups of beef broth, meatballs, and spinach. Salt and pepper to taste. So good!

Dinner last night was pot roast cooked in the crockpot with some chicken broth (it's what was already open in the fridge), balsamic vinegar, and Penzey's Sunny Paris Seasoning. I poked it with tongs and it fell apart. :)

On the side we had carrots roasted with salt, pepper, and thyme, brussels sprouts with balsamic, and roasted cauliflower that we turned into cauliflower mash. Really, really good. And I had leftovers for lunch today!

Tonight I'm making nom nom paleos oven braised Mexican beef with roasted carrots and crashed potatoes.

Potatoes: boil until done. Put on baking sheet and smoosh with a cup. Brush with olive oil salt and pepper. Bake at 450 until crispy on top.

Archived