Feeling full but not eating enough

I am feeling full when I eat any meal but it doesn't appear that I am eating enough according to the guide.  I am trying to finish off my scotch eggs I made but I can only manage to eat 1 and this morning I made roasted brussel sprouts topped with raw cashews, they are my favorite veggie, crazy I know but I really love them.  I had about 2 cups on my plate and maybe ate about 1 cup or less.   Anyway this happens at every meal and I am full but then I am really hungry later like 2 hours after I eat, especially at night.  I have been just drinking water and going to bed or drinking water and waiting it out till its about time to eat again.  The first day on my whole 30 I ended up having to eat a snack at night cause I was crashing, I ate a few apple slices and a hand full of almonds.  Anyone else experiance this?  Should maybe I eat maybe smaller meals but more often?  Or should I stick to what I am doing, eating as much as I can and drink water and go to bed, hoping that I will be able to eat more at each meal?

Welcome! If you are hungry eat. It can take a while to change to eating three meals a day. We are all different and some of us may never be able to do that. If you can't eat your entire meal then save it as a snack for later. Try not to snack on fruit and nuts instead have a mini meal. Good Luck!

What day are you on?

> ended up having to eat a snack at night cause I was crashing, I ate a few apple slices and a hand full of almonds.

Make those stop-gap meals "mini meals" of protein & fat rather than fruit & nuts

> Should maybe I eat maybe smaller meals but more often?

No, keep working the template: 3 meals, pro/fat/veg, big enough to stay satiated 4-5 hours.

• Administrators

Night hunger can be a result of not having had a large enough breakfast. The folks above are correct, avoid "snacking" on fruit and nuts, even if you're hungry. Your best bet is to make a template meal, eat as much as you can and then put it aside to eat as soon as you feel able. Depending on what day you are on and what your previous habits were like, you may need to "train" your body to eat properly sized meals three times a day. Continuing to eat multiple small meals many times a day is not allowing change to occur. Hormone balancing, blood sugar balancing and digestive balance all occur when you are following the template.

At the risk of being forward, how are your bathroom habits? Having regular bowel movements? If not, that can also be a culprit behind getting full quickly. If that's a potential problem for you, a few things you can try are physical activity (walking is great for getting things going), an epsom salt bath, or magnesium supplements. You can try oral magnesium OR a topical magnesium spray. If you supplement with magenesium, start with a lower dose and increase over time. If you develop loose stools or diarrhea then back off on the dose for a day or two before you try to increase again.

Munkers,  I go about 2 to 4 times a day. :)  So I think I am ok in that department.  I did take a digestive enzyme today,  I was able to eat dinner a little better and ate almost everything, but struggled through breakfast and lunch.  So we shall see how tomarrow goes. 

Kirkor,  I am on day 3 today.  

Ladyshanny,  I did before whole 30 eating snacks between meals so that might be why I am having such a hard time eating a large meal 3 times a day.  I got to break that habit and retrain my body.  

Thank you all for responding!   :)

I just wanted to update you and say that i am able to eat better now. I can mostly eat the template plate and a lot of my meals I have been able to finish it! Occasionally I do get hungry between meals but it's so much better than before.

Archived