Marina's Log

marinanaomirose

It's Day 3, and I think I'm going to jump on the log bandwagon to help keep myself accountable and remember what the heck I'm eating. Day 1 was fine:

Meal 1: Frittata (with sweet potato, sausage, onion), with a mango 

Meal 2: Pork shoulder, carrots, potato, onion, turnips, with a tangerine

Snack: Sugar snap peas, coconut butter

Meal 3: Chicken wings with carrots, onion, and potato

One of my goals is to take at least one yoga class weekly. I'm already pretty active and also take Barre3 classes and run, but I think yoga brings something needed and extra into my schedule, yet I rarely find time for it. I'm pleased to say that I did my yoga class right off the bat on day 1 and may fit in another this week. 

I did get hungry a lot on Day 1, which lead my to adjust my portion size a bit on Day 2. 

That said, Day 2 was really rough. I woke up with a splitting headache, despite getting lots of sleep, and felt sluggish all day long. I went to a Barre class in the evening which helped. I also wasn't hungry between meals, probably a good sign that I'm eating enough food!

Meal 1: Same Frittata as day 1

Meal 2: Ground beef stir fry (with potatoes, onion, brussel sprouts, carrots, and green beans), plus an apple

Meal 3: Chicken wings with potatoes cauliflower, and pesto (so yummy - macadamia nuts, basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil). Plus a tangerine. 

Now I'm on to Day 3! Definitely not as tired and achey this morning, but I do feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Also - do people think I'm eating too many white potatoes? As you can see, there are lots of them in my past two days. I know they're allowed now but perhaps not the best source of nutrients? 

I've just had meal one of today so far: 

Meal 1: Two eggs, a compliant sausage, and leftover cauliflower and potatoes from last night. Plus an apple. 

My boyfriend (who's doing his first whole 30 with me right now!) made lunch for me, no idea what, so that will be a fun surprise around noon.

Day 4! Unfortunately my newsletter yesterday accurately predicted that I would get an awful cold. Congested, achey, exhausted. Luckily I made bone broth from my chicken wings the other day, so I've been drinking that and getting extra sleep. 

Meal 1: Three scrambled eggs, one sausage, roasted cauliflower, onion, leeks, and potato

Meal 3: Roast chicken thighs, roast zucchini, roast turnips (which were under cooked and not that delicious, but oh well). Also a mango.

Despite the fact that I'm sick, I'm actually feeling pretty great. It's been easy not to snack between meals. One hard thing that has come up is that my boyfriend, who is doing this with me, is a lot bigger and more muscular than I am and as such needs a lot more nutrients, a lot more snacks, etc. We've been doing most meal prep together, but figuring out our very different portions and nutritional needs has been a bit challenging. I'm trying to tune into my body and focus on what I need, but it's hard when he gets hungry at 10 pm and eats sausage, and I want some too! 

Day 5. Still sick, feeling really exhausted and snotty. Not an ideal end to the week. Unfortunately when I'm sick I have no appetite, but I'm doing my best to eat proper meals. 

Meal 1: Two scrambled eggs, one piece of bacon, sautéed zucchini, onion, and leek

Last night's Meal 3: top sirloin steak, cabbage, tomato salad (with cucumbers and bell peppers)

Made it to the weekend! Day 6. 

Meal 1: Scrambled eggs, zucchini, leeks, onion, and mango

I'm still craving sweet breakfasts, but sticking to my meal template. Finally feeling a little better, not so stuffed up anymore. I went to the local farmer's market today and bought some beautiful swiss chard which I'm excited about. I've had my first social engagements this weekend and thus far succeeded, my friends were supportive and nice about my not drinking or eating what they were. I did get hungry though - I think next time I'll eat before going to happy hour with my friends!

Day 7! Sunday is definitely food prep day. 

Meal 1: Scrambled eggs, bacon, tomato and cucumber salad

Meal 2: Sausage, tomato and cucumber salad

Feeling a little tired of cooking, but have some crock pot meals planned that will hopefully alleviate the stress a bit. 

Meal 3: Oven baked salmon, swiss chard, jicama. Finally got some fish in. I did a lot of meal prep today - a frittata for breakfasts for the week, coconut soup for lunch the next two days, and meatballs to bring to a potluck tomorrow. I know that doing meal prep is worth it, but I feel so exhausted! I'm glad that all of my meals for tomorrow are already prepped though. 

Overall I'm feeling good - still really craving sugar unfortunately, but not having too much trouble resisting. 

Day 8! Let's do this. 

Meal 1: Frittata (ground pork, swiss chard, cauliflower, leeks, onions). It was yummy but I'm still lacking an appetite when I wake up in the morning. I pretty much had to force it down. I felt totally fine afterward, but just not interested in food. I'm not drinking caffeine till after I eat per the rules, so not sure why this is still so hard. 

Meal 2: Chicken coconut milk soup. This on the other hand was delicious. Chicken thighs in coconut milk and chicken broth. With some potatoes, carrots, and onions in the mix. Gingery and garlicky and just tasty. 

Tonight the BF and I are going to a potluck, so I made compliant buffalo meatballs. I know one friend is also bringing a compliant salad, so we should be ok as far as food goes. Turning down homemade pizza will be hard but surely doable. 

Finally feeling better from being sick, so I'm going to a yoga class today!

Day 9! Whew. Woke up with more of an appetite and was able to eat my frittata happily. Hopefully my body is adjusting to eating breakfast filled with protein and veggies! 

Meal 1: Same frittata as yesterday

Meal 2: Same coconut soup as yesterday 

I'm thinking Meal 3 might just be coconut soup again - I'm going to an evening Barre3 class and love the idea of not cooking anything new. 

Made a mellow meal 3 for myself while blissed out after barre class. It consisted of a plate of crudite (cabbage, radishes, tomato, carrots, cucumber), three hardboiled eggs, and homemade ranch. Simple, super easy, but it hit the spot. Also, just tried Le Croix orange flavor (I'm a long time coconut fan) and have fallen in love!

Meal 3: Pad thai with spaghetti squash! So yummy. We put shrimp and chicken in it, crazy good. I vaguely followed The Clothes Make The Girl's recipe, but was pretty flexible based on what I had in the house. Went on a short run and also to yoga, am feeling like I have more time and energy this week after doing so much food prep on the weekend. 

Missing a few days, but I'll just start where I'm at. 

Meal 1: frittata that I'll eat all week. Bacon, broccoli, onion, potato, a bazillion eggs. 

Meal 2: leftover pulled pork, asparagus, jicama

Meal 3: Went out for sushi and ate only sashimi (plain because I didn't bring my own condiments) like a champ!

Archived