Starting April 13th

Bridge125

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarahrosep84: Hazelnuts and coconut cream? That sounds super yummy!!

Jomyke: You can do it! Less than a week to go now!!

I was food prepping all day...and tasting all the new recipies, I kind of accidentally overate today and forgot to drink water :-p. Im mentally much better than yesterday. Happy with my kombucha tonight :-)

ColoradoGirl: thanks!!! 1/2 a frozen banana, a handful of frozen cherries, hazelnuts, 1/4 cup of coconut cream, raw organic shredded coconut, a tbs. of 100% dark unsweetened cocoa powder and a splash of unsweetened coconut milk. I blended it in the Ninja but I'm sure you can use a blender. I eat a little bit and freeze the rest and on a hot day it is fantastic!!!

ColoradoGirl: thanks!!! 1/2 a frozen banana, a handful of frozen cherries, hazelnuts, 1/4 cup of coconut cream, raw organic shredded coconut, a tbs. of 100% dark unsweetened cocoa powder and a splash of unsweetened coconut milk. I blended it in the Ninja but I'm sure you can use a blender. I eat a little bit and freeze the rest and on a hot day it is fantastic!!!

Oh boy, SWYPO alert! Per the Can I Have Guide, it's not ok to mix cocoa with fruit to make chocolately confections. http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Even if you took the cocoa out, this makes a desserty shake/smoothie that is discouraged and not in the spirit of a Whole30, sorry.

GFChris: I appreciate the feedback thank you! Seeing as how I'm on my 20th day and are about 3tbs. of it, I think I'm safe. I wasn't eating it for dessert purposes, to soothe the "sugar dragon" or to cheat the program. If you read back a but I ate it to put good fat in to my diet because I had lacked it in meals 1 and 2. Would an avocado or some nut butter been a better choice whole 30ly speaking, I'm sure. But I'm ok with my choice. it's now frozen away in the freezer and I have no doubt I can skip it the next 10 days.

Oh that does sound amazing! But yeah, totally SWYPO for me. What a nice treat on a hot summer night though!

I just realized something. I had some dried mango yesterday and today. I wonder if that's what brought on my sugar cravings today? Guess I will stay away from it!

Good morning, friends!!!! Happy day 22!! 

I had a dream about crying in a sushi bar last night. I actually woke up in a panic like oh em gee! All that rice Iast night. Guess I really wanted some sushi. I think I am going to summon my will power this weekend and venture out for sashimi. Or perhaps it's best not to put myself in that position. 

I've decided to go seamlessly in to a Whole100. I will most likely weigh in at each 30 day mark and plan to have blood work and such done mid-way. I had it done when I started and my cholesterol was just on the border of being too high, my triglycerides were INSANE!, my blood pressure wasn't crazy high but slightly elevated and my iron and hemoglobin were a tad low. I'll be really interested to see the difference! 

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday morning!

I had a dream about crying in a sushi bar last night. I actually woke up in a panic like oh em gee! All that rice Iast night. Guess I really wanted some sushi. I think I am going to summon my will power this weekend and venture out for sashimi. Or perhaps it's best not to put myself in that position. 

I've had a lot of those dreams. Last night I dreamed that I was having dinner with my extended family. I saw that they had made meatballs, and I said I wanted just meatballs. They handed me a plate with meatballs, corn, cornbread stuffing, and a big piece of cake which had gotten frosting all over the meatballs. I remember yelling at them that I only wanted meatballs! It's funny now, but I know that panicked feeling.

I'm on Day 22! I'm really looking forward to the reintro phase of this journey. I'm feeling good - this has been a very good Whole30 for me. I've really been able to stick to keeping meals very simple this go-round, which was one of my biggest goals. And I'm planning the specific things I want to reintro, because there are certain foods I'd like to add back into my regular rotation.

There are always, of course, going to be some things that call like a siren song and leave me stranded on the rocks, but I already know about those. I want to try out some things that I think will be fine, I've just never really done a whole formal reintroduction before.

I've decided to go seamlessly in to a Whole100. I will most likely weigh in at each 30 day mark and plan to have blood work and such done mid-way. I had it done when I started and my cholesterol was just on the border of being too high, my triglycerides were INSANE!, my blood pressure wasn't crazy high but slightly elevated and my iron and hemoglobin were a tad low. I'll be really interested to see the difference! 

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday morning!

I'm thinking about Whole100 as well!  But I'm going to break it down into smaller goals.  Right now my plan is to go through the end of May.  Then if that goes well I will do Whole 60, then go on from there.  That way if for some reason I feel like it's not working for me then I don't feel like a failure if I don't make it all 100 days.  Also still concidering AIP if I feel like I need it (hoping not too though as its even more strict with some of my favorite foods that I rely on).  But overall this really does feel like I could make it a lifestyle and adjust as needed for special occations.  Or just go paleo forever to have a little more flexability.

Glad to feel normal again this morning.  Last night I felt like a crazy person!  LOL

Oh, has anyone read the new Whole30 book yet?  I just finished reading It Starts With Food, again, and now just starting on the new book.  Just reading a little at a time and stretch it out across the 100 days if I go that far.  I may look ahead and try some of the recipes though.  Has anyone tried any? 

Lunch meetings going on today with outside carriers means our lunch room looks like this today. i am staying far away from that because my bread and cheese dragons are rearing their ugly heads today. i will say tho...i can't imagine putting that coca-cola in my mouth right now. bleeeeccckkkkkkk talk about a sugar bomb. gross!post-67241-0-21029000-1430758250_thumb.j

Oh, has anyone read the new Whole30 book yet?  I just finished reading It Starts With Food, again, and now just starting on the new book.  Just reading a little at a time and stretch it out across the 100 days if I go that far.  I may look ahead and try some of the recipes though.  Has anyone tried any? 

I've read most of it. Some of it is a repeat but it has less of the sciency stuff than ISWF, and more of the FAQ stuff (i.e., can i have pancakes if they are paleo?). It does have a big section on food prep basics which is pretty great.

I missed out on the "not enough fat" convo over the weekend, but I will say that since discovering home made mayo, I def don't have that problem :D  Yesterday, I baked some sweet potato "fries" in leftover bacon grease, something I NEVER would have done before Whole30! and boy, were they tasty!

Definitely plan to take many W30 habits with me after this is over. I'm thinking something like 90% paleo + 10% soul food. This may also depend on what I learn during the re-introduction period, which brings me to a question. Since we judge W30 results based on how we feel now, rather than during the first two weeks (tired, headaches, weak, no workout stamina, etc), shouldn't I allow the forbidden foods (beans or oats) a similar adaptation period and not purely critique them based on how I feel the first time I try them? My guess is that they may not make feel the greatest but that may have to do with the fact that my body needs to re-adapt.

Hi tedlillo! Weren't they amazing?!? Definitely one of my favey dishes so far. I don't know why but I definitely prefer ground chicken over turkey. What do you think?

I agree, the ground chicken was much tastier than ground turkey. I was happily surprised to find ground chicken - I figured I'd have to get turkey but the chicken was there with the ground turkey so I figured I'd stick to the recipe as written. Very glad I did. It also seemed moister than ground turkey, but that might just be the magic of the avocado... My husband one with salsa on top and was pretty impressed, too.

Archived