Starting April 13th

Bridge125

Good morning friends! HaPpY dAy 30!!!!!! We made it to Day 30 already! I can't wait to see some of the results posted tomorrow!

Yesterday was a little rough. My allergies have kicked in full force! I knew as soon as the humidity settled in on Sunday that it would be totally blahhh. I had an orange last night figured it couldn't hurt to bump up the vitamin c and I'm just going to keep drinking a ton of water and see if that helps some. My sister in law swears that pineapple helps also...weird. But I bought one at the farmer's market Saturday. Maybe I'll cut that up tonight and have some with dinner. I'm trying to lay off the allergy meds since most of the time it makes me feel even fuzzier than the allergies do. 

Let's definitely keep this thread going. I would love to hear how those of you who are doing re-intro are doing and how those of us continuing on are progressing. You guys have been so awesome and I totally appreciate having this forum to come to. Thank you all!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably!  Or self sabatage or something.  I feel better now though so I guess no real harm done.  Moving on to turkey burger and brussel sprouts for breakfast with a few olives and cooked in coconut oil for my fats.  :)

Can't wait to hear everyone's results tomorrow! 

Yesterday was a little rough. My allergies have kicked in full force! I knew as soon as the humidity settled in on Sunday that it would be totally blahhh. I had an orange last night figured it couldn't hurt to bump up the vitamin c and I'm just going to keep drinking a ton of water and see if that helps some. My sister in law swears that pineapple helps also...weird. But I bought one at the farmer's market Saturday. Maybe I'll cut that up tonight and have some with dinner. I'm trying to lay off the allergy meds since most of the time it makes me feel even fuzzier than the allergies do. 

Let's definitely keep this thread going. I would love to hear how those of you who are doing re-intro are doing and how those of us continuing on are progressing. You guys have been so awesome and I totally appreciate having this forum to come to. Thank you all!

My allergies have been acting up this week too. I spent the whole whole30 trying to avoid the meds, because I knew I couldn't properly assess the benefits of whole30 if I was in a medication fog, and honestly I didn't need them most of the time, which I think I can attribute to what i've been eating. Sometimes, though, the pollen and mold are gonna win no matter what!

I second your comments about the forum and this thread. You all were my support and accountability, and I made it to day 30 because of my daily visits to these pages. :D

Happy Day 30 everyone!

I hear y'all on allergies. I live in the tropics and in breathing distance of an active volcano, so allergies are just a fact of life for just about everyone in some way. Whole30 helps but it doesn't get rid of them.

Tomorrow I eat beans. This is what I am saying today.

Congrats all! Also look forward to hearing about results, although having the mental fortitude to eat so cleanly for the past 30 days is good enough for me.

Anyone have a favorite paleo site/resource? Nom nom is great for recipes but I like a little more of the science behind why included. Paleo Leap seems to strike the right balance.

• Administrators

Congrats all! Also look forward to hearing about results, although having the mental fortitude to eat so cleanly for the past 30 days is good enough for me.

Anyone have a favorite paleo site/resource? Nom nom is great for recipes but I like a little more of the science behind why included. Paleo Leap seems to strike the right balance.

Mark's Daily Apple.

So... have you guys read the reintro threads? I'm getting a little nervous. Seems like a lot of people have some pretty serious reactions to small amounts of dairy and legumes especially. I confess, I was hoping I could fast-track the reintro, but it sounds like there are some built-in physical constraints to that. Eat too many reintroduced foods too soon, and a bellyache will be the least of your worries! Veteran whole30-ers, are those worst case scenarios?

• Administrators

So... have you guys read the reintro threads? I'm getting a little nervous. Seems like a lot of people have some pretty serious reactions to small amounts of dairy and legumes especially. I confess, I was hoping I could fast-track the reintro, but it sounds like there are some built-in physical constraints to that. Eat too many reintroduced foods too soon, and a bellyache will be the least of your worries! Veteran whole30-ers, are those worst case scenarios?

I've honestly never done a controlled reintro...mostly because I have felt SO good at the end of it that there was never a "good time" for me to make myself feel crappy.  I never wanted to risk it. 

Over time though I've discovered things that I've socked away in my "Oh, so THAT'S what caused that" file.

I would say that for every post that describes Unfortunate Events in connection with reintroduction, there are posts that describe basically no big difference for some of the reintroduced foods. So I don't think it's worth it to try to assume that this or that will be good or bad. I like how I feel on Whole30 most of the time, but I'm really looking forward to reintro, because there are now certain foods I really do plan to reintroduce, and I want to find out how frequently I'll be able to include them and still feel good.

DAY 30!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe it!!! Ive been so darn busy I havent had a chance to celebrate with you guys!!! Sniff sniff :'-( Im gonna miss you all! I saw somewhere to keep this thread going....yesssss...that would be awesome! Im just gonna keep going for now :-) Feeling better, sleeping better...I think Im a little leaner....Im gonna take "w30 after" pics in the morning ;-)

Good morning fellow Whole 30 champions! I felt so amazing when I got up this morning. I am proud to wake up and start Round 2, Whole30, Day 1! Off to a great start already with a really yummy breakfast. I had thought this morning...maybe I will throw a little milk in my coffee today. Or maybe I will have some shredded cheese on my eggs. But I took stock of all my non-scale and then scale victories this morning and it was exactly the motivation I needed to stay on and keep going!

Non-Scale Victories:

• I sleep so well now. I am really tired around 9:30-10 and I sleep soundly all through the night. I have finally learned when to put the water down for the night and am no longer even up to use the bathroom. 
  • I have sustained energy all day long. Some days I have more energy than others but I don't get that 3pm slump anymore. I do occasionally feel like taking a nap on the weekend but I take it as a sign that my body needs the rest and I gladly lay down for an hour or so. 
  • No more heartburn! Not one hint of it in 30 days! I used to get it everyday. I'd go to bed with it, wake up with it, sometimes it even woke me from sound sleep. Even water would bother me. That is totally gone.
  • My skin is so clear! Granted Husband is a nurse for a dermatologist so I get samples of all really amazing stuff but for the last 2 weeks I have been good to go with plain old noxema and moisturizer. 
  • I have learned that I love to walk, jog and run, I love veggies I had never really given a chance (squash, cucumbers raw and untouched, zucchini, spaghetti squash!). I really love being outside and have found new ways to spend weekends that involve being outside as much as possible. 
  • My cravings are little to non-existent. Fruit is incredibly sweet and delicious to me now, I have given up caffeine completely! I have no desire to go back to the way I was eating before. I went to culinary school and have no doubt at all that I could create anything I felt like having consistent with the Whole 30/Paleo template. 

Scale Victories:

Beginning weight: 236 lbs. yeahhhhh fatty 

Weight after 1st 30 days: 219.5lbs

Total lost: 16.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beginning pants size: 18/20

Pants size today (like actually wearing right now and still breathing) 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I didn't do any measurements before hand. I only had a tape measure and that doesn't really bend  :)  haha. I did take some before and after pics but I am on my office computer and will wait to post those. 

Goals for Round 2:

• More exercise. Now that I am used to eating this way and feel my energy is level I want to increase my activity. I am very happy with walking, jogging and running but I would like to increase distance and speed. I am currently running 3.5 miles in just under an hour. I would like to see that time improve and I would like to attempt to do a 5k.
  • Less fruit. I didn't go crazy with it really. I would say 2-3 times a week. I would like to incorporate it more in to my meals rather than eat it as an after thought or "snack".
  • More recipes, more fun, more creativity. I am definitely going to go H.A.M. on some of the sauces in the book. I want to perfect my own ketchup, mayo and bbq sauce.
  •  
  • Otherwise I just want to keep going and keep seeing everything improve!!!!!!!!!!
  •  
  • I hope you all had great results also!!!!! 

Good morning fellow Whole 30 champions! I felt so amazing when I got up this morning. I am proud to wake up and start Round 2, Whole30, Day 1! Off to a great start already with a really yummy breakfast. I had thought this morning...maybe I will throw a little milk in my coffee today. Or maybe I will have some shredded cheese on my eggs. But I took stock of all my non-scale and then scale victories this morning and it was exactly the motivation I needed to stay on and keep going!

I'm glad you had a great experience! But do know that at some point it's important to d do a full reintro and learn to ride your own bike. It's a Whole30 for a reason, not necessarily a WholeLife. The long term plan for you will be SarahRoseyCheeksLife.

But, ya, awesome summary and it sounds like you got a lot of the program. "Champions" is an apt metaphor and by acknowledging our victories together it sets us up right for the next chapter, be it W30ishness or something else entirely. :)

@sarahroseycheeks!!!!! that is AWESOME!!

I share some of the same non-scale victories - falling asleep hasn't been an issue for me for several years now, but during the whole30 I slept more soundly and thru the night. Still push snooze a couple of times in the morning, but before whole30 I was definitely more of a morning zombie! 

More energy/stable energy throughout the day and improved concentration at work

sunnier disposition and less anxiety

scale victories: 11 lb lost, 4.5 total inches - 0.5 from my bust, 2 from waist, 2 from hips!

Awesome results Sarah!

So I felt great yesterday. Ate well. Was all excited for today. Then 2am came around and I just could not sleep anymore! I have slept good this whole month so I have no clue what happened. Of course right now I feel terrible, bloated and puffy, and have a headache. I wish I could rattle off a big list of benefits from this past 30 days but I just can't. I have more good days but I still have my bad days...although the bad days aren't as bad as they used to be. But that said, I love this program and I am continuing on! I think I'm just one of those people that 30 days isn't enough. 40 years of bad habits will take longer for me to fix! I was planning on going further anyway whether I felt amazing or not. So round 2 day 1 starts today :). Oh and I lost 8 pounds, so that is great.

Way to go, you guys! Happy that the perseverance paid off!

My "results" aren't so spectacular, especially on the scale - I lost 1.2 lbs. Nope, not 12, 1.2. I could tell I hadn't lost any weight, so I wasn't really surprised or disappointed. And if there is a bright side, it's that I ate mayo constantly and didn't gain weight :)

The nonscale benefits:

• Cognitive improvement (I actually kind of measured this with Lumosity. My scores improved significantly after having been pretty static for at least a year. My husband insists that meat is good for the brain, and maybe he's right).
  • Slept better for most of the whole30 (the insomnia crept back during the last week though).
  • No acne.
  • Allergies a little better.
  • Moods much more even.

My greatest take-aways from the experience were the totally unintentional ones, though. Finding out the things that I didn't really miss (alcohol, legumes). Proving to myself that I could stick with it for 30 days. Realizing that my fatigue comes from working a schedule that doesn't fit my biorhythms, and not from my food.

It's been an interesting journey, no doubt about that!

Ok guys, this totally explains things!  I just started my period.  So it makes sence that I needed extra fruit and sweet potatoe on Monday.  It makes sence that I felt bloated and terrible this morning.  So I guess I can add to my positive list that I wasn't overly emotional and grumpy and binge eating this past week.  Overall it was a pretty good week until this morning.  But yeah, fertility issues, unbalanced hormones, highly irregular periods, and most likely PCOS are all issues I am dealing with.  So if I add it all up it makes me feel better now.  Now I can look forward to next week and start seeing my real results.  :)

I ate peanut butter this morning!!!

So far it's better than cauliflower. I can't be in the room with cauliflower. Hehe

Congrats to all on completing Whole30, especially you first-timers!

Now, folks, go throw away your freaking scales. Better yet, put them in your driveways and drive right over them. The scale is a tool of oppression. Seriously. Get it out of your life. There's no such thing as overweight, fat, obese, or any of those other horrible words we've been incorrectly and monstrously taught are medical descriptions. There are just different size bodies. Really. Health at any size begins here. I know society is wildly and abusively against this (I'm looking at you, medical profession and women's magazines and street harassers-of-women), but they're totally wrong. Eat up. Banish the scale. Fight the power.

I may eat beans for lunch, or not. I'm not sure. I like legumes, but I rarely eat three types of legumes in a day, so I'm not sure of the value of making myself eat three types in one day right now. Stay tuned!

Archived