Starting April 13th

Bridge125

Happy Monday!  Glad to see so many are joining in!  Here's my menu for today.... (I try to use organic wherever possible)  For breakfast I had 3 eggs and a couple handfuls of spinach cooked in ghee.  For lunch I will have ground beef and cabbage cooked in coconut oil.  For dinner I will have taco chicken in the crockpot...a package of chicken thighs, a can of diced tomatoes, sliced up 2 bell peppers and then threw in whatever seasonings I thought sounded good like chili powder, cuman, etc.  I'll have a salad with that and then my husband can have his with tortillas and cheese. 

Can't wait to see how I feel as the days progress!  I know things will get tough as we start to detox the sugars but hang in there everyone!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started yesterday, after hearing a friend talk about Whole30 on FB. It's daunting, because this is definitely not the way I've eaten...ever! But I am excited. I was concerned about having to bring lunch to work every day...but found several restaurant options near my office, including one that is entirely paleo. So, if I ever forget or don't have a chance to pack, Hu Kitchen is just few blocks away and they deliver.

Count me in!

This is my third round. The first two were a huge success, tho I did not lose weight. I did feel in control in a way I've never felt so I didn't even care. This time I'm in a pretty bad place with my eating and I've gained pounds just in the last couple of weeks. I can't wait to have that fire back!

I am tracking this round on Instagram with a new account, CDI_15. It's separate from my real account, my daughter's 11-year old friends don't need to know what I'm eating for each meal :)

Hello! Starting my second W30 today, and this time I am joined by my sister and a friend so that's pretty exciting. Last time around, I attributed my success to sharing posts on the forums so here I am again! I love getting ideas for meals and recipes, so please share! 

Here is my meal plan for the day:

Breakfast- buffalo chicken quiche with sweet potato crust and asparagus, arugula, spinach, red pepper, jalapeño, and scallions (yum!)

Lunch- keeping it very simple with turkey burger, zucchini, and yellow squash

Dinner- Well Fed 2 Cincinnati Chili over spaghetti squash (my favorite recipe in ze world)

Just realizing that I'll be eating a lot of squash today...  ^_^

Cheers to day one!

Yay! I am in! I did a whole30 about two years ago, around this same time of year, with great results. Since then I have done a couple stints of whole7 and whole14. I always feel so very much better about myself and within myself when I keep to the protocol.

But since my husband started a new job working nights around Christmas, we have all really gotten out of control. His new schedule has messed us all up. :wacko: We talked about it this weekend and concluded we need to take some steps to get our whole family back on track. For me that means a return to the full whole30 regimen.

I'm actually looking forward to this. I know what to expect - the cravings, the carb flu, the incredible energy on the other side and feeling so good. I have been feeling so miserable lately, with a return of almost all the problems I had conquered with my first whole30, that I have great incentive to stick to the program this time around.

So far today, here is what I have eaten:

Meal 1: Sweet potato scramble with eggs, pork sausage, peppers, onion and spinach (I make great big batches of this then eat it for three or four mornings.)

2 cups black coffee, 20 oz water

Meal 2: Half a chicken breast, rest of my plate filled with sweet and salty broccoli salad found in one of the Well Fed cookbooks (can't recall which off the top of my head).

20 oz of water

Planning on either cauliflower "fried" rice with chicken breast or paleo southwest meatloaf from PaleoOMG for supper.

Happy that I am not alone in this new path !!

Here in London the day is almost finished and I have to say that I have succeeded on the First Day !  Looking forward for tomorrow

For all in the US time zone wish you a great end of Day 1 !!

Good Night !!

Hey everyone, I shopped and cooked like a maniac today.  I used Melissa Joulwan's Whole 30 week 1 meal plan at http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/12/29/whole30-2014-week-1-meal-plan/

So now I have chocolate chili, slow-cooker Italian pork roast, pre cooked ground beef, chicken thighs, sweet potato, spaghetti squash, broccoli, green beans, sunshine sauce, olive oil mayo ... Holy cow!!

I'm really excited to start tomorrow.  I think I'll begin with scrambled eggs with spinach and some avocado ...maybe even some sweet potato in there ...

Beautytalkwsj: Thanks! Yeah, Day 1 meals were on point! It's all about the prep (wish I was as prepared as eusebius but I don't know that I have the endurance to last that long in the kitchen in one day! ha).

Going into my first Whole30, I was new to the concept of cooking meals ahead of time, or preparing veg to be cooked later, etc. The most helpful thing I discovered was having a quiche made for breakfast for the week because it takes care of a whole meal every day and I then have more time to prepare other meals. Also, at the beginning I decided to splurge on spices and it was a game changer because there are so many combinations you can create to keep the flavor up.

I'm excited to learn even more healthy habits this time around and to feel as good as I did at the end of my first W30. I will tell you, it is so worth it :)

Happy that I am not alone in this new path !!

Here in London the day is almost finished and I have to say that I have succeeded on the First Day !  Looking forward for tomorrow

Carlos, congratulations! Day 1 down. Hope you have another good day! 

Good Morning (Day), Everyone! I'm really happy I made it through yesterday- one day down! :D Buuuttt....I'm tired this morning....oh, so tired...wasn't expecting this until tomorrow. I have a busy day today (14-ish hours away from home) so I'm packing my cooler today. 

Beautytalkwsj & CaitlinI: I am on instagram too :-) as jessica.bergden. I'm hoping my posting about it this time will help me succeed and finish all 30 days! 

Have a great day!!

-Jess

Hi everyone, off to a good start this morning here in the Pacific. Happy to be back in the saddle. Happy eating!

We've got a mod along for the ride?!!?  Cool!  

That's our ace in the hole!

Enjoying my cold-brewed coffee...have a great Day 1 everyone!

How do you make it? The straining process always seems excessively inconvenient to me. These days I'm an AeroPress man, and just press the concentrate directly over ice and it works really well. The AP is just plain awesome in general :)

I changed my Instagram account name to aruguleats if anyone is interested. I've only posted meals since yesterday :) I found beautytalkwsj and jessica.bergden.

I feel a million times better today than I did when I woke up on Day 1. Detox on my first round was horrible, I was so sick for a few days. The second round wasn't so bad, but I ate mostly compliant in between the two. We'll see what happens this time, so far I feel pretty good! 

I found your IG beautytalkwsj! I am @_lulah  ^_^

CaitlinI, it sounds like we have similar W30 backgrounds. I completed my first round in Feb and have been mostly paleo since, however I found that my vice was chocolate/sugar and I was not able to resist those temptations. So I'm back! 

Is it strange that I already feel so much better? I suppose its because I have been trying to justify my bad choices and yesterday I didn't make any! I've been at war with myself and it gets exhausting! 

Today's meal plan is a repeat of yesterday because I loved it (+ avo and cauliflower instead of squash) 

Day 2 doin' it. 

Kirkor: I just mix coffee grounds in a french press, mix and let it sit till the next morning and then press it :-). (I have a mini 1-cup french press and I use 3-4 T of ground coffee). Letting it sit 12-24 hours is best.

Beautytalkwsj: Im soooo tired...and my joints ache! I started getting exhausted last night too.

I have a long day today so I hope to find all of you on Intagram tonite.

Total victory already today: A huge spread of donuts/chocolate/pastries at work I avoided!!!! I did have some of the fresh berries :D Check in with y'all later!

Working along through day 2! So far, so good. Have not had the trouble today with the acid reflux problem like I did yesterday so I was able to actually enjoy a full lunch.

I see a lot of Instagrammers on here. That's so great! I am deebookbug. Fair warning though - I post a pix of my kids and hubby. :D

I did not get my cooking last night like I hoped and likely won't get to it now until tomorrow after work. Thankfully I was a little prepared for this problem with some salads, grilled chicken breasts and several bags of frozen veggies. I try to eat fresh or cook with fresh as often as possible, but sometimes I am very thankful for the freezer aisle at the grocery store.

I started yesterday also. This is my second attempt. The first time derailed after 10 days because, guess what, I created my own rule about alcohol being allowed. Yeah, no. This time I'm sticking with all the rules :)

The great thing about having that prior attempt is that I learned some good things so I could start off strong. For example, I had already perfected the homemade mayo recipe, and yesterday I realized how easy it was to take half a batch and turn it into the Ceasar dressing variation. One of my favorite things in the world is Ceasar salad with chicken. For my Whole 30 version, I just replaced the Parmesan and croutons with sliced almonds. A little crunch, a little nutty flavor, perfect!  Tonight I'm going to experiment with another idea - making asian meatballs, using pomegranate juice as the sweetener in the sauce. Wish me luck!

Archived