April 20- Husband and me, kids partially

JillP

Anyone know if you can get good coconut oil and coconut milk/cream at Costco? I'm running through this stuff like crazy!

i buy the costco coconut oil - it's cold-pressed, organic, extra virgin. i am in love with it. it also comes in two giant tubs for like $20, so it's pretty amazing :)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rissee - weights! does that book make you like lifting? ;) i have such a hard time with it, but i went back to the gym this morning and did three sets of several different exercise (bench, lat pull-downs, etc etc etc). i banged out the full workout in 25 minutes - does that seem reasonable?

so impressed by people who workout while pregnant. i did yoga and walked through both (a small amount of swimming for my second, too), but nothing too major. perhaps this is why i am still hanging out with an extra 30 lbs when my youngest is 2.5, eh?

I love lifting, but I feel like with exercise you have to do what you like otherwise it becomes a chore and you won't stick with it ya know? It was funny to lift while pregnant, the looks people gave me! Every week I'd have to bump down the amount of weight though, instead of bumping up. Haha.

I'm just catching up and I want to reply to things... I'm going to read that article about kids! Should be good.

You know, I ran again today and I noticed I have no knee pain. I trained and ran a marathon in 2009 I think it was and I ended up injuring my knee. IT band syndrome. It would still bother me a little up until 2ish years ago when I stopped running... I wonder if the whole30 is having some positive effects on that or am I just imagining it? My knees certainly have had time to heal. Haha. I dunno.

My husband is not on board. I used to pack him lunches but after baby #2 I quit and now that I'm cooking again he's happier eating out for lunch. He's one of those that if he doesn't leave the office he eats at his desk while working. (Or I just that bad of a cook)

I'm doing great! I actually told my husband last night that I am getting so used to this, I can see myself keeping it up after the 30 days.  Not strictly (I still like my wine and going out to eat on occasion!), but this I can see myself sticking to for the most part.

I figured out that since I haven't been feeling well I haven't been getting my fat in as much as I should, somehow I got it in my head teaspoons not tablespoons! And avocado hasn't sounded thay good. So getting back on track with meal 1!

day 10! i actually feel kind of awful today, but i think that may be hormones? hoping that's the sitch and not that i undercooked the chicken this morning...

brisket in the slow cooker with some butternut squash today. and i'm supposed to meet a coworker at chipotle for lunch - i think i can manage that, but does anyone know if/which of the meats have sugar? 

KristinS: I feel the same way and was thinking the same thing.

I really do think this is something I can stick with long term with some off-roading. I realized Monday that mentally, I was feeling really good emotionally - happy, more energy, etc.

I had a dream I ate a basket of warm dinner rolls than realized it was day 10 and I had to start over. It was very sad. I thought the food dreams were over at this stage! Feeling ok but having major Headaches off and on. This happened the last time I attempted the whole30 (and didn't finish) so I'm guessing I'm probably missing some important nutrient or something. I hadn't thought about hormones as someone mentioned earlier. Trying to work on being more active. Went on a hike with my 13 month old in the baby backpack. That felt great! Glad we all made it this far!

i haven't had any dreams yet - so weird! but i've been sleeping like a champ, which is so unusual, so no complaints there :).

the hardest thing has been when packing the kids' lunches - i loooooove cheese and i almost always include some cubes of cheese for them, and i'm really accustomed to just popping a cube in my mouth when i'm packing. lots of mindless snacking, which i guess is why i didn't realize it was happening until now. 

i also agree with the long-term thing...it will be nice to have a glass of wine here and there, and i may add some small amounts of hard cheeses (like parm) on occasion, but i don't think this is nearly as "hard" as i thought it would be...

i haven't had any dreams yet - so weird! but i've been sleeping like a champ, which is so unusual, so no complaints there :).

the hardest thing has been when packing the kids' lunches - i loooooove cheese and i almost always include some cubes of cheese for them, and i'm really accustomed to just popping a cube in my mouth when i'm packing. lots of mindless snacking, which i guess is why i didn't realize it was happening until now. 

i also agree with the long-term thing...it will be nice to have a glass of wine here and there, and i may add some small amounts of hard cheeses (like parm) on occasion, but i don't think this is nearly as "hard" as i thought it would be...

I was packing my daughter's lunch yesterday and popped a piece of cheese in my mouth without even thinking.  Thankfully I realized what I did before I actually chewed. I freaked out a little because I have been doing really well and don't want to start at square one.

Today has been a little weird for me.  I think it's because I'm tired from staying up too late and it's making me really want to snack.  I'm at work so at least there isn't a lot of food available. I did break down and eat the few almonds I had packed in case of a hunger emergency though.  Off to bed earlier tonight for sure. 

Hello! I'm here too! And I agree, I feel like I can keep this up with the occasional indulgence.

I'm wearing a pair of leggings today that used to be so uncomfortable I'd take them off immediately after whatever outing I'd put them on for. They're not loose but they're not unbearable anymore! NSV!!

is anyone else subscribed to the whole30 daily emails? today's exercise suggestions were great! i never know wth to do in the gym, so i'm just going to go down that list and do one a day for the 19 remaining days. ha! 

No emails here.

My throat is not really sore today! Yay!

My husband took a pork roast, cut it and grilled it last jight, it was yummy and there are leftovers! He also let me sleep in today since I haven't been sleeping goof the last few nights. I definitely woke hungry today.

Hey Gang,

Welcome to day 11!

Yesterday ended up being hard. Had a hair appointment that ran over lunch. Snacked on some macadamia nuts I'd brought. The guy was running on hour late. Didn't make it home until about 4. Amazing thing was I was hungry but not light-headed or hangry. Came home, had some butternut squash soup to hold me for a bit. Got distracted and needed food. That's when I'd usually just have popcorn for dinner. Thought about it. Opened up the fridge and saw all the great food that just needed to be heated and knew I didn't have an excuse for blowing it.

Piper: I haven't subscribed to the emails. I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Rissee: Congrats on the leggings!

Need to make the thai soup today and plan for the weekend. Ended up not making all the food I"d planned so put some stew meat and ground beef in the freezer.

Welcome bluetrav!

I can't believe it's already day 11!  I'm feeling great today.  Late afternoon yesterday, though, I had a hankering for some sugary sweet candy.  Ate an orange instead.  I'm planning on going out today and buying the new book.  The recipes featured here on the site look great, I can't wait to see what else they have!

Piper - I'm getting the emails and have found them to be helpful. For a second I thought "yeah, maybe I could try one of these things!". We'll see - I'm lucky if I can just get out for a walk. :)  Just made the butternut squash soup for lunch with some grilled chicken thigh. 

Welcome Bluetrav!

yes, welcome bluetrav!

penlyn - good for you! i've been so regimented so far, i haven't been put to the test like that - props to you for staying committed!!

rissee - just saw your leggings news! woohooooo!

jillp - did you end up doing anything for your throat, or just riding it out?

kristin - the new book is bada$$ - i am (mostly) following their one week meal plan on p. 196 for this week (just to see what it's like, since i did fine "on my own" last week) and the recipes i've tried so far have been spot on - and my kids and husband have loved the sauces and mayo variations :)

ldvos - good luck on getting some extra zzzz's tonight!

Archived