April 20- Husband and me, kids partially

JillP

Piper - I'm getting the emails and have found them to be helpful. For a second I thought "yeah, maybe I could try one of these things!". We'll see - I'm lucky if I can just get out for a walk. :)  Just made the butternut squash soup for lunch with some grilled chicken thigh. 

Welcome Bluetrav!

i'm trying to just take time out of my work day, which may or may not be sustainable, but it's helping to break up the day and make me more focused/productive, too, sooooo....we'll see :) taking the time is so tough to prioritize, though. do you stay at home with your kiddos? i can imagine that would make it even more challenging because it's so non-stop with their needs. 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piper: mainly just mint tea, had suggestions of gargling salt water but that wouldn't have worked for me (gag reflex) so I had some saltrd sunflower seeds in shell. Everything was temporary relief though. Took a lot of allergy meds.

Still here.  Doing fine, though so far into the stress of moving that food is really not on my radar at the moment.  It's good that I have the habits deep enough in me that I don't have to work as hard as I used to.

Because I'm in a management position, I have explained for months that no, I am not declining your cookies/cake/candy/bagel/whatever out of disrespect, but because my doctor says that stuff is going to kill me.  So they all know that I am very careful with what I eat.  Yesterday, out of the blue, someone said, "Wow, ThyPeace, you've gotten downright skinny!  You look great!"  Which made me smile.  I haven't really lost weight in the last couple of weeks, but I have a feeling my body composition has shifted some.  

It also gave me enough confidence to go out and buy some new pants last night.  My last couple of pairs, purchased 15 pounds ago, are really loose right now.  

ThyPeace, needs more sleep and fewer stressful nights with DH.

Thanks everyone!

I don't get the emails. I decided to just get the book. Which I'm reading slowly.

Awesome news in the pants, ThyPeace!

I made mayo today! It's so good I licked the blender clean.

Ok so I found this so funny I have to share. I went to the dentist today and I joked with the hygienist that it was like a vacation, laying back, no kids. I asked if she had piña colada flavored toothpaste. We laughed. Then the other hygienist came over with some samples and there was piña colada, mojito, and strawberry margarita flavors! So I had strawberry margarita. She says to me "it must be good because you're kinda drooling a little." I said "it is good and I've been doing a health experiment and I haven't had sugar or artificial sweetness in 11 days." She says "is it that whole 30 thing? The dentist is doing it too, you'll have to ask him about it!" So when the dentist came in we talked about it and he started on the 20th too!! How crazy is that? We got to compare whole 30 notes. Haha.

Welcome to Day 12!

Yesterday was another challenge just due to lack of planning. Didn't have protein to throw in the soup at lunch. That meant I was more hungry in the afternoon. Made the Thai Soup for dinner and ate early. I think it needs the Cauliflower Rice - at least that's how I'm used to eating soup like that. Made a quick run to the store yesterday so I'd have what I needed for breakfast today. Getting together with a friend for dinner tonight. Need to decide if I'm going to cook or go out. Haven't eaten out since I started. That's a record!

Have a great day everyone!

Eating out is trickier than I thought it would be. I end up ordering something with lots of substitutions. I ordered a chicken and avocado salad the other day and asked for oil and vinegar instead of the usual dressing. I took one bite and it was sweet! I realized they hadn't done o&v so I sent it back. Day 12 sounds like we're right in the middle of it! Have a great day everyone!

hey everyone! day 12 already :).

i ate salmon for breakfast this morning with some pesto i made the other day with basil from my garden and spinach. it was super tasty! ate it with some butternut squash soup, also really yummy. 

no real plans this weekend, and i actually have meals in mind, so i'm hoping to breeze through this weekend without too much temptation. i only got like 5.5 hours of sleep last night, but i still feel quite amazing today. 

hope everyone else is doing well! nice job sending your salad back, bluetrav - i am so codependent, it's hard for me to do stuff like that :)

Spent 2 days waiting for a shed to be delivered and it still isn't gonna happen.

Thinking about catching a movie this weekend but that could be a big study in willpower!

My husband keeps saying this diet is killing him. So i teasingly said that the 10 seconds it will add to his life will be worth it lol. He wasn't impressed.

I think about eating out and it lasts about 2 minutes!

Frustrating day today. I really want to eat some sugar out of stress/frustration. Been dealing with responding to an IRS inquiry (not a full-blown audit - yet) from 2012. Seriously? Of course that is just long enough back that most of the records aren't available online.

Going out to dinner tonight (first time since we started).

I'm in an all day conference call tomorrow (actually leading part of it). I need to be "on!" No real plans other than that. Sleep would be good.

I slept badly last night too. I blame the baby. But I took them out for a run this morning and it went pretty well. We were happy and active all day but now I'm exhausted. Hopefully we get a good nights sleep tonight!

Day 13!!! We made it this far!!! I had some cravings the second week and am struggling to get to bed early enough to get enough sleep. I think my fatigue was sleep deprivation. Hoping to look through the book and find some new things to eat this week! Everyone sounds like they are doing a great job!!!

Does anyone know if Aleve is compliant? I have a had a headache for two days.

I have seen sone say it's compliant and others not. I don't have my original packaging since I put mine in a little container for my purse. Headache is getting a little better after eating breakfast and coffee. Hope it keeps getting better

I took ibuprofen one night because my legs were so sore from exercise I couldn't sleep. Really only ibuprofen works for me, so I followed the 'if you need it' guideline. Here's one of my favorite soup recipes. Just a cauliflower, an onion and water. Yummy with a drizzle of olive oil or some hot spices stirred through. http://food52.com/recipes/15247-paul-bertolli-s-cauliflower-soup. You guys are inspiring me! Keep up the great work.

happy day 13 everyone! i'm meal planning today - made the no-fuss salmon cakes from the book, but was a little shy on sweet potato, so they were pretty dry. but, carnitas in the slow cooker for dinner tonight! 

we realized this week that the super intense red meats like brisket are too heavy for us. definitely had heartburn post-brisket - does anyone else have this issue? i think we'll mostly stick to fish and chicken and maybe some pork this week. 

@penlyn - our 4 year-old's identity was stolen this year, which we discovered when we filed our taxes and they were rejected because someone else had already filed with her name/social. SUCH a hassle. we have to wait ~6 months to get our return while they sort it all out. we've also been audited twice in the last 5 years, which i think should be illegal. hope your hassles are short-lived!

End of day here. I'm exhausted. In taking tomorrow off from working out. I ate a lot of sweet potato today thinking maybe I was low on starchy stuff.

The indentity theft/auditing sounds like an absolute nightmare! Sorry!!!

Hey Gang: I really appreciate having you all to check in with.

Dinner out Friday night was OK, but I'm wondering if there was something on it. My stomach was off yesterday afternoon. All day meeting yesterday was fine. Met some friends at a brew pub after. I just had water and some grilled veggies. Then, we went to dinner - steak with a double serving of green beans, no butter. The steak was really dry (ordered it medium). Going OK today. I need to plan meals for the week, but just not feeling it. Spent time cleaning the house. Having a friend over for dinner. Going to make Cinnamon Beef Stew from The Clothes Make the Girl. That should give me leftovers. I didn't eat everything I cooked last week. Need to plan better this week.

Happy day 14!

I just made it through a winery tour and tasting without giving in and drinking any of the wine! It is a beautiful day and we had a group of about 25 people and we sat outside after our tour with everyone drinking and snacking on cheese and crackers and chocolate. I had a bowl of carrots and some sparkling juice and it still was great fun. Small victory for me. :) 

Two weeks done. Does it seem like the next two weeks will take FOREVER???

Great job everyone!!!

I had been feeling great but yesterday I was exhausted and today I have a headache. Going to go to bed soon and try to get some sleep. I'm not sure if it's the heat, allergies, dehydration or if I'm not eating enough but I want to get back to feeling excellent.

I do think the next 2 weeks are going to feel long! I'll use that time to study up on reintroduction. ;) I'm not sure if I'm missing anything though!! Chocolate obviously. Wine, sure. Milk, not so much.

We definitely realized today we need to have some more ready made food when we had to start working on putting up a shed. This week is going to be busy for my husband's work so I need to send 2 meals with him through sunday, if not 3.

Archived