April 20- Husband and me, kids partially

JillP

DH says he has learned that he doesn't have a stomach ache all the time when he eats this way.  SUCCESS!!!

He thinks it might have been the large quantities of peanuts he was eating.  Anyone ever heard of peanuts causing a problem like that?

ThyPeace, notes that he looks healthier, though I can't put a finger on what it is.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, since I mentioned the nachos yesterday, I've had taco salad twice.  Last night with DH -- home made taco meat (seasoning tasted really good) over lettuce with tomato, onion, black olives, guacamole, and dressing that was a combo of home made mayo and home made salsa.  It was AWESOME.

Today I forgot to take my lunch to work, so had to buy something in the cafeteria.  The hot meal was taco salad, so I had it.  Lettuce, salsa, chicken taco meat with onions and tomatoes, and.... brussels sprouts.  Because that was one of the side dishes and I needed some more vegetables.

So I'm not really interested in the nachos anymore.  The split pea soup is still a go, though.

ThyPeace, has become incredibly boring if a mild urge toward split pea soup is the most crazy she's interested in.

Jen75- that's great news about your daughter!! It's slow progress over here but I feel great about being a good role model for my daughter. I do think over time it will change gradually.

DAY26! I can't believe it's already day 26!!!!! WOW! I have also been slammed at work but still trucking along with my whole30. My pants are looser and I feel really good!

Has anyone else read about Day 28 on the timeline? Even though we're on Day 26, it felt relevant to me now in terms of giving me a little push to get through this last weekend. I've decided to do a proper reintro too. I have more weight to lose, so I'd like to continue more on less on this program for the time being. I'm really looking forward to a glass of wine though!

So I have roseacea and was looking through the forums and Internet to see if anyone had a miracle cure for that. I was really hoping my skin would clear up but no such luck. It sounds like I should maybe try avoiding nightshades and see what happens. Does anyone else avoid them? Since we are so close to the end I kind of hate throwing in this little experiment but yet I would rather try it for a few days now than after I start reintroducing foods.

Piper. - Cut some green plantains really thin - with a mandoline if you can handle it - I sliced off the top of my finger the first time I tried to make these! Oven at 350 degrees - toss the plantain slices with coconut oil and then put on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. You can add salt before or after cooking. Got the recipe from the WellFed2 cookbook and that has a great taco meat recipe as well but I really just like these chips on their own with guac!

I'm doing great and definitely looking forward to ending on Tuesday. It'll be nice to not think about what day it is. We're cooking a lot this weekend. Just too aggravating to go out and deal with menus and substitutions at this stage of the game. Have any of you done multiple whole30s? Just curious how often people do them. Hang in there peeps! We got this!

I'm doing great but also looking forward to the end. I will definitely continue eating very clean but I am curious how I'll do with the reintroductions. Really hoping I can continue dairy because I do miss cheese!!!! A lot! :-) honestly it doesn't feel hard at all right now. I hope I can keep this up long last next week!

Hey everyone! Congrats on making it this far! Just a couple of more days to go. I did go off last night. Back on the wagon today. Meal planning, grocery shopping, etc. I need to look at the reintro and make some choices. I know that I do react to gluten (not celiac), so I do want to stay GF for another couple of months.

I've learned a lot about eating, cooking, and eating out. Learning that I really do prefer to eat in vs. eating out now. I need to try some new recipes. What are you all making this week?

Hey everyone!  Day 28, right?  Congratulations to everyone on all this clean eating!

I'm feeling a little nervous about the re-entry phase, and kind of want to stay the course and keep eating Whole 30.  I think I'm just very aware of the post-restriction binge (because I've done that before...) and the slippery slope of getting back to the bad habits.  Of the habits I'd given up, the one I want to have on Wednesday (Day 31) is a green tea latte at Starbucks -- a mixture of dairy, sugar and caffeine.  I haven't had any caffeine in the Whole 30, so that combo might give me all sorts of strange feelings.  That, along with diet coke, perhaps should just stay on my restricted list permanently.

I also have my period right now and am finding my mood has tanked.  This is kind of normal for me, but I was hoping that better eating might alleviate some of the monthly symptoms.  Anyone else experience this during the Whole 30?  I've also taken Advil from cramps this weekend, and am wondering if that has an effect too.  I read a post that Dallas wrote about Advil contributing to leaky gut syndrome.

Are we going to start another forum on the reintroduction part of the site?  I'd love to hear how the reintro of different foods goes for everyone!

Keep up the good work!

N

• Moderators

I also have my period right now and am finding my mood has tanked.  This is kind of normal for me, but I was hoping that better eating might alleviate some of the monthly symptoms.  Anyone else experience this during the Whole 30? 

Whole30 eating will cause changes in your period, but sometimes it takes a few months of consistent near-W30 eating to really start seeing full benefits, so keep at it. Also, during the time leading up to your period and the first few days of it, you may find you need more starchy vegetables than usual, and starchy vegetables can also help improve mood, so during this time, you may want to have some at each meal and see if that makes a difference.

Bluetrav - I've done multiple Whole30 and a few Whole19/20s! I keep doing it because I do really well and then find myself suddenly eating ice cream every day for a week or the holidays happen or something. I just use it as a reset. Plus I've never successfully done the reintroduction phase (always so eager to get back to my ice cream!) so this time I hope to successfully complete that.

I'm interested to see how reintro goes. But I'm feeling so good I think I will stick to mostly whole 30 and just relax a little with eating out and added sugars in my bacon.

We have a family reunion coming up and instantly I was so excited to go pig out. And then I thought about all I've learned here and Melissa just posted something about her "buffet rule." 2 plates of clean food before all the other stuff. So I'll use that and what I've learned to keep myself in check, enjoy and walk away happy.

You know, about once a day when I'm eating I think to myself "this food is truly delicious." Its so cool to feel that way about VEGETABLES. I would never have thought.

I'm so glad I've (almost) done this and I thank all of you for being here. I'm glad I found this little support group. Sorry to get all mushy.

I love that buffet rule. I'm going to keep going as well, but with an occasional glass of wine and some kind of sweetener for my coffee. I used to drink so much coffee, but drinking it black has gotten me off wanting it everyday. I have no desire for soda now and I'm amazed I'm getting by on "firsts"--no seconds or thirds! So shall we check in here on Wednesday with results then head over to reintro? You guys are awesome! We're almost there!

I have done multiple Whole30s and, like Jen mentioned, I probably will just keep it up because I feel so much better.  (Is there a forum for "I'm just going to eat this way now except for when I don't"?)

For those who are craving that sugar-dairy-wheat-corn-soy-whatever-concoction for the very first day, I really recommend not doing it.  I think one of the greatest benefits of the Whole30 is reintroducing food types one at a time to see how you react to them.  I never would have guessed that corn was an issue for me until I did a careful reintroduction and then, after finding a possible problem, testing it a few times.  I realize we all have things we want to get back to.  But... don't short yourself on this part! 

As for buffets, I learned over the holidays last year that none of the "treats" taste as good as the clean foods anyway.  Those two plates of clean food will taste great.  The commercially-made sweets and high-carb foods?  Bleh.  Better to wait for your favorite cook to make something home-made.

ThyPeace, spent the whole weekend lifting heavy boxes and cleaning.  My whole body hurts.  And I have to be at work in six hours.  Sigh.

Archived