April 20- Husband and me, kids partially

JillP

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2 Complete! 
Tuesdays are busy days where I'm out of the house at kids' activities til after our usual dinner time. We need to fix something quick or have something ready when we get home. Packed healthy snacks which we definitely 'needed' by 5pm when we still had over an hour til dinner. Raw broccoli, cucumber, nuts and coconut. 

Today we had turkey "shnitzel" which is just thick slices of turkey breast I seasoned with salt & pepper and sauteed in ghee. On the side, frozen sliced carrots sauteed in coconut oil, sprinkled with Korintje Cinnamon and sea salt. The kids said the carrots tasted like candy! Made a "dessert" of sliced banana, homemade coconut butter, toasted coconut and toasted almonds. Very small portions. Kids loved that too. 

Feeling a bit tired but that will help work on our other goal of going to bed earlier! Hubby thinks he isn't eating enough calories, pointed out we are eating the same but he weighs more than me. 

• Administrators

Hubby thinks he isn't eating enough calories, pointed out we are eating the same but he weighs more than me. 

I've fallen into this trap before with my husband since I'm the one who makes and serves our meals.  Had to remind myself to feed him based on HIS hand size, thumb size and activity level. ;)

Love SnapWare! I may go ahead and get a CostCo membership to get it there and for fruits and veggies. And veggies. And more veggies. And veggies. Did I say veggies?

The UPS guy came a few minutes ago. I know the books are downstairs. I'm trying to focus on work for a few more minutes. . . . .

JillP: I often have the same problem.

mbward: Welcome!

Day 2! I made it!!!! It was a huge struggle. I slumped this afternoon between 1-5pm but am feeling better now. Traditionally the afternoon hours have been my snacking junk food downfall!!! So proud of myself for making it through 2 days.

• Administrators

I'm confused about coffee/caffeine. I thought 1 cup a day was ok as long as you drink it black or with coconut milk. I've read in other places about people detoxing from caffeine. Can I have it or not?

You absolutely can have coffee and there is no real rule as to how much. Our recommendation is to drink it in moderation for your context and to have it before noon in order to avoid sleep disruption. Some people choose to eliminate their coffee consumption during their Whole30 and that's fine too.

Hi! I'm hoping to join this as I also started on April 20 and know I'll need support! I've done 2 complete Whole 30s and 2 partial (made it to about 20 days). I've been horrible about the reintroduction phase so hoping to do better with that this time. My husband also is doing it and I have 4 kids who have to eat what I cook so they are partially along for the ride. :) 

You absolutely can have coffee and there is no real rule as to how much. Our recommendation is to drink it in moderation for your context and to have it before noon in order to avoid sleep disruption. Some people choose to eliminate their coffee consumption during their Whole30 and that's fine too.

Thank you for clearing that up!! :-)  I'm loving my coffee with coconut milk and no sweetener.  Never thought I would!

Welcome Jen75!! 

Lol JillP! I'm not sure I'm ready to go there with the kids. My daughter would be fine but my son would give me a hard time. I don't feel up to that right now!!!

One thing I'm dying to do is weigh myself!!! I hope this helps me lose weight but I know it's not my main focus. I was used to weighing every morning with my wifi scale so it's hard not having my data points to look at!

hey everyone! i started on monday the 20th, but just discovered the forum today - is it still ok if i join? 

my husband and i are doing it and our kidlets are reaping some of the benefits - they are 4 and 2, so we're still feeding them some cheese and a few carby products (chex cereal mainly), especially because my son is crazy picky and i have a hard time seeing him not eat. 

i'll read through the thread and get caught up, but i do have a quick question about hydration...

is it one ounce of water for every pound of body weight? or a gallon a day? 

cheers,

piper.

• Administrators

is it one ounce of water for every pound of body weight? or a gallon a day? 

Our recommendation is a half an ounce of water for every pound of bodyweight.  So 120# = 60oz water.

Welcome @Jen75!! I have my husband doing this with me and kids along for the ride same as yours. What ages are yours?

End of Day 3 here for us. A good day all around, hubby went to doc and got meds for allergies and to clear up his lungs he is feeling better already. He was tired enough to take a power nap around 2:00, I felt pretty even energy. Noticing I actually feel less grumpy/moody than I did before (so far!) 

Meal 1 - Sweet potato, taco meat, shredded zuchinni and fried eggs in coconut oil

Meal 2 - Packed ahead for a picnic while running errands. Tuna salad with homemade mayo (wow that really works!) in lettuce cups, hard boiled egg, fresh pineapple.

Meal 3 - Cauliflower rice with lime & cilantro (yum!), Steak with spicy lime rub, grilled zuchinni strips

Lunch maybe wasn't big enough and felt hungry enough to snack at 4pm - Proscuitto, cucumber, cashews, clementine

Went for a nice family walk after dinner, but my allergies went haywire while out there. 

Welcome Piper! My kids are 8 and 9, doing about the same. They are really enjoying the foods but still have some of their usuals for lunch and breakfast. They are almost enjoying the food too much, lol. They are eating it up and not leaving us as many leftovers as we'd like for lunches. 

I made this Cauliflower Rice today and it was a big hit! http://popularpaleo.com/2013/01/07/cilantro-lime-cauliflower-rice/

Welcome @Jen75!! I have my husband doing this with me and kids along for the ride same as yours. What ages are yours?

End of Day 3 here for us. A good day all around, hubby went to doc and got meds for allergies and to clear up his lungs he is feeling better already. He was tired enough to take a power nap around 2:00, I felt pretty even energy. Noticing I actually feel less grumpy/moody than I did before (so far!) 

Meal 1 - Sweet potato, taco meat, shredded zuchinni and fried eggs in coconut oil

Meal 2 - Packed ahead for a picnic while running errands. Tuna salad with homemade mayo (wow that really works!) in lettuce cups, hard boiled egg, fresh pineapple.

Meal 3 - Cauliflower rice with lime & cilantro (yum!), Steak with spicy lime rub, grilled zuchinni strips

Lunch maybe wasn't big enough and felt hungry enough to snack at 4pm - Proscuitto, cucumber, cashews, clementine

Went for a nice family walk after dinner, but my allergies went haywire while out there. 

i made homemade mayo last night (to use as part of a dressing on some shredded cabbage with grilled chicken for lunch today) - it really does work! i kind of couldn't believe it, but awesome :).

Archived