Whole30 #2 (4/13/15)--Reintroduction Gone Wild

sarah246

yesterday was Day14 of Whole35. Again..compliant with food and didn't do any nuts or dried fruit mixes as stand alone. Had almonds in a salad.....but I was so sick. Had to take migraine medication last night. Feeling headachy and yuck today. Nervous because I CANNOT miss work...too much to do in the last 7 weeks of school. My migraines are hemiplegic migraines and they cause one sided weakenss and numbness so my left side is funky. They are bizarre and only started since I had my youngest kiddo. I have an 18 year old, 12 year old and almost 2-year old. YIKES!!! So yes....I was relatively recently pregnant and I had her at 38. I'm 40 now and I think my body is rebelling against a late pregnancy. Whole30 is much needed for this confused body.

Day 15

m1: asparagus, mushrooms, roasted red pepper with 2 eggs, sliced strawberries

m2: my typical salad (sliced almonds)

m3: grilled chicken thighs with veggies and avocado

Day 16:  rollercoaster ride---feeling really awful today (migraine coming on....AGAIN), at work and hoping I can stick it out.  Scheduled an appointment with an endocrinologist.  I shouldn't be so up and down...it's interfering with work.  The one thing that remains consistent is food.

M1:  hard boiled egg at 6:30----two eggs over zucchini, mushroom and onion sauté, strawberries at 7:20

M2:  salad

M3:  cinnamon chili over green beans and avocado

BJS12345-  I'm pretty sure I've been substituting fruit for the nuts these last few days.  I actually had a piece of fruit at every meal.  I need to go back in and edit my meals.  Do you suggest I give up fruit?  BTW--I used your recipe/suggestion for marinara sauce this week.  Delish! 

About the migraines---doctors think it's related to muscle spasms and hormone changes.  I take a daily medication to prevent and then I have a med to "abort" when one comes on....apparently it's not working...but I'll figure it out!!!  Will be seeing an endocrinologist in June.  A long time to wait when every day is painful...but I'm hoping that once I get through this week I'll be on the other side of the hormone swing.

Day 17

M1:  two eggs over zucchini/mushroom/onion mix, 1/4 of an avocado (ate at 7:00AM)

snack (oops!!): apple at 9:00 AM, didn't really need it, just ate it cuz it was there, yup fruit is becoming a problem! 

M2:  typical salad---lots of chicken, spring green mix, almonds, olives, mayo/morrocan dipping sauce/mustard dressing

frozen berry mix

M3:  taco salad

I usually eat fruit "because it's there" too! Every time I open up the refrigerator, I am staring at strawberries or grapes. Plus packing them in my daughters lunch. Sometimes I eat it bc I am having a serious sugar craving.

I guess as long as we don't go overboard, it's still on the plan!! I still try to refrain if I'm not hungry or being impulsive.

Day 18---(so cool to say that!!....of course I'm actually doing a Whole35 cuz I blew it on Day 5 but still......)

M1:  2 eggs, cucumber/1/4 avocado/grape tomatoes/sliced almonds mixed with mayonnaise and Moroccan dipping sauce 7:15

No fruit!

M2:  typical salad + apple  12:15

(so I refrained from fruit this morning but not so much after lunch)

4:15--handful of mixed nuts and raisins....NOOOOOOOO

M3:  diced chicken, veggies sautéed in coconut oil, slivered almonds, Moroccan dipping sauce

Man do I eat huge proportions of veggies. 

So weekends are hard for me to post as I just don't ever sit at a computer, but I remained compliant....I SOOOOOO wanted to eat junk.  Not sure why it was so hard, but it seems like a lot of fun food is popping up---summer and spring treats---and I really wanted to partake---ice cream, cocktails, cookies, etc.  I'm not terribly proud of the way I ate mixed nuts and raisins over the weekend.  Definitely my substitute play food, but I'm not going to beat myself up for it. 

Archived