Can I Use Steamable Veggies in Bag??

lwaller

They would be compliant if they are just plain (like just a bag of frozen veggies - no added sauces) right?

Also  - suggestion for your favorite veggie topper?

Is there a recommendation for how many cups of veggies/day?

• Administrators

Yes, if it is just veggies, they are fine. A drizzle of olive oil or sesame oil or some homemade mayo would be lovely! Veggie recommendations are a minimum of 1-3 cups per meal and we recommend starting with at least one fist sized serving of starchy veggie per day as well and see how you do.

• Moderators

They would be compliant if they are just plain (like just a bag of frozen veggies - no added sauces) right?

Also  - suggestion for your favorite veggie topper?

Is there a recommendation for how many cups of veggies/day?

Watch for the mixed veggies though -- you can't have corn (or those little baby corn in some stir fry mixes) or peas or beans, so obviously any mix that contained those would be out. But just straight up frozen broccoli or cauliflower or green beans or whatever individual vegetable you like or mixes that only contain compliant vegetables would be fine. 

I like a few chopped, toasted almonds and some olive or sesame oil on veggies if I'm wanting a bit of crunch. Something like a chimichurri sauce can be nice too.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to experiment with the spices I have in my cupboard (I have tons of them, they help to change food on a daily basis) or a great go to is Mrs Dash, there are some great flavors in that line, they are quick and easy and when I am to tired to think outside of my box I know that it is still going to taste good.

• 3 weeks later...

Just discovered my favorite veggie (and maybe everything!) topper last night.....in a sauce pan melt together 1/2 cup franks red hot with 1/4 cup of ghee. OMG you will want to lick the pot or bowl (if you make that in micro too) clean!

Archived