The non-paleo spouse

CaseyD

I'd never fool with a GF recipe for guests. Way too scary. :)

I'm with Susan. I would've saved the experimenting for another day and served something else. If he was adamant, however, about pizza I could see why the onus was on him for the cooking. :D. If my husband pulled that I'd be like, "kitchen's yours!" And then I'd eat my own food.

I think something like shredded pork tacos could be an easy crowd pleaser. You can offer tortillas and use lettuce or a pepper yourself. For next time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've done tacos before too! I made a massive taco salad. :) The problem right now is that I'm in a shoulder sling (surgery 4 weeks ago). Kitchen's pretty much ALWAYS his. Two weeks and I should be out of it, but physical therapist says at least 9 months before I'm 100% again, if it's ever 100%. *sigh*

• 7 months later...

Sorry, with all my ramblings up above, my question was, do any of you find yourselves getting the 3rd degree for eating a certain type of food, or amount of calories you are eating, fat, etc from your spouse? I was wondering if this type of behaviour was normal?

I just have to reply to this as my husband and I nearly got divorced over my first WHOLE30! Third degree is nothing compared to some of the "discussions" we had. In the beginning my husband was pretty supportive although not participating. He hates vegetables. About halfway into my first W30 when he realized he was going to have to fend for himself he got VERY defensive. He constantly talked about the fat content of what I was eating, especially because I got so excited about being able to eat lamb, beef and real sugar free bacon. He insisted he couldn't partake of the food due to its high fat content. So, he ate his processed turkey bacon and processed turkey corn dogs. After I completed my W30 and the results that came in were terrific, his commentary has diminished to almost nothing. I've even noted in his own way that he has decided to make small changes toward the W30 type of nutrition.Maybe there is hope!!

Archived