MePeachyKeen's very first Whole30 April 16

MePeachyKeen

Full Disclosure: I LOVE to take pictures of food (haha!) so I think I'll include pics of the prettiest food that I put together. Made the decision not to Insta my Whole30 meals because I don't want yet another social account and I also don't want to drive my friends crazy. 

DAY 1

Meal 1: handful of mushrooms and cherry tomatoes sauteed in about 1 TBS of olive oil, half avocado mashed, 1 egg kinda fried, a few leaves of butter lettuce. 

Meal 2: half a can of salmon mixed with capers, 4ish kalamata olives, spicy brown mustard, some cherry tomatoes topped on butter lettuce leaves like tacos. A spear of pineapple and handful of pomegranate seeds. 

Meal 3: Stir fry of rainbow chard, onion, bell peppers, squash in olive oil. Added a TJ's compliant chicken herb sausage and sprinkled a palmfull of pumpkin seeds. Seasoned with lemon, rose salt, paprika, red pepper flakes. 

THOUGHTS: It was fun to cook again! I was pretty hungry before lunch but I'm not used to eating much of a breakfast. Going to try and up my breakfast a bit over time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAY 2 

Meal 1: handful of mushrooms and cherry tomatoes sauteed in about 1 TBS of olive oil, half avocado mashed, 1 egg kinda fried, a few leaves of butter lettuce. 

Meal 2: half a can of salmon mixed with capers, 4ish kalamata olives, spicy brown mustard, some cherry tomatoes topped on butter lettuce leaves like tacos. A spear of pineapple, 10 almonds, 3 prunes (no sulfites). 

Mini Meal: tiny dill pickles rolled up in deli turkey breast (compliant) with yellow mustard (compliant) and kalamata olives. 

Meal 3: Stir fry of rainbow chard, onion, bell peppers, sugar snap peas, squash in sesame oil. Added a TJ's compliant chicken herb sausage and sprinkled a palmfull of pumpkin seeds. Seasoned with lemon, rose salt, paprika, red pepper flakes AND COCONUT AMINOS

Mini Meal:  5 strawberries, handful of pomegranate seeds, pineapple spear

THOUGHTS: I knew today would be tough and that I'd be hungrier than Day 1. Not sure what I think of the coconut aminos haha! I love soy sauce for stir fry and I knew it would be tough to replace. It wasn't BAD...just different. I'll experiment more.

Does the coconut aminos taste like soy sauce?  It's quite expensive here and i can only find it on amazon so not sure if I want to order something I may not like.  So far i'm not missing the soy sauce much, but then again I haven't cooked anything Japanese since I started this.

Good luck to you!

Archived