Coops-sugar

cmplaza

I shop several coops and one big chain, it has foods in it's name.

I was at the check out and they had signs in the store "NO Trans Fats", "NO  this and  NO that"...but it was missing "NO Sugar". 

I just wish there was a store that didn't have that added sugar, we know it's bad but it's still allowing it our coops and the National Chain one?

We know honey and maple syrup is not bad...but SUGAR!!!

We need a Paleo/Whole30 store. I know they are online. But they are online. It be nice to go to a store that you can eat the stuff because it's Paleo/Whole30. I like the fresh when i'm in a bind and just running late and out of time. Like having to work late...

Just my two cents worth...and venting....

Thanks

• 2 months later...

That would be a really small store considering how short the compliant food list is!  :)  I totally agree with you! I can't stand that all dried fruit has sugar. Like dried fruit isn't sweet enough on it's own! I know it's a texture thing but still, it's ridiculous!

I've been taken in by reading labels too quickly and consumed non-compliant nuts. I could kick myself for not paying closer attention. Live and learn!

We need a Paleo/Whole30 store. I know they are online. But they are online. It be nice to go to a store that you can eat the stuff because it's Paleo/Whole30.

Every supermarket that I've gone to has had plenty of compliant foods.  It doesn't have to be a "Health Food" store to have a decent selection to meet the meal templates.

I get the impression you're talking about a W30 take-out? Or a store that sells packaged foods that are all compliant?  Doesn't this defeat one of the major purposes of the Whole 30?

Taking the thinking and planning out of my meals would put me right back into the fast-food/convenience-food mindset, even if all the foods were W30 approved.  And...even if it's an unusual circumstance--like working late--having a "drive-thru" meal just isn't in the spirit of W30.  Learning to deal with surprise situations while staying on track is.

Archived