Fatbombs

KitchenerDawn

Not sure about these.  Most recipes for fatbombs I have found are compliant ingredients and do not resemble "treats" like chocolates or candy to me.  But it seems a bit grey area since I could see some people using them as a treat substitute.  I find them to be an easy fat source to battle hunger between meals but with the goal of finding the right meal size that I wouldn't need them. 

I hope this isn't a repeat question but my search on the forums and website turned up nothing.

• Administrators

Admittedly I had no idea what this was and had to google "fatbomb". I would say, based on what I found, that these are completely and 100% off limits for your Whole30.  

If you wanted to eat a tbsp of coconut butter and then three drops of peppermint extract and then a spoonful of raw cocoa, you'd be a million times better off than mixing them together and making a "mint chocolate fat bomb".  Plus, no one would actually eat all of those ingredients separately which is another solid sign that they would be a no.  As an example.  ;)

• Moderators

I had to do a google search on these and what came up for me were definitely candy, which get a solid "no." What recipes that do not resemble treats are you looking at?

If you're hungry between meals you should eat a mini template meal with protein, veg, and fat, not a fat bomb.

I find them to be an easy fat source to battle hunger between meals but with the goal of finding the right meal size that I wouldn't need them. 

Regardless of whether or not they are compliant I think you've answered your own question.

Snacking is discouraged on whole30. Finding the right meal size to keep you satiated for 4-5 is encouraged. If you find the need for a snack it would be better to be a mini meal made up of protein, fat & veg.

Regardless of whether or not they are compliant I think you've answered your own question.

Snacking is discouraged on whole30. Finding the right meal size to keep you satiated for 4-5 is encouraged. If you find the need for a snack it would be better to be a mini meal made up of protein, fat & veg.

Right. We do not want you to snack. We do want you to EAT. It's a real change of mindset for many of us. Eat up.

Archived