Starting 27th April

Amz

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am planning on starting on the 27th too.   I am hoping that will give me enough time to plan and be prepared for the start.    I am a working mom of two.   My kids are 11 and 13 and are involved in about every activity under the sun.  As a result, we live a pretty crazy life.   I am hoping with enough planning, I can make this work.    

• Administrators

I started today April 27th as well. My husband and I go out every night to dinner so the  tough part will be no wine.. yikes!

You go out every single night? As in, never make dinner at home? Can I ask why? A really large part of Whole30 is learning to cook nutritious and healthy foods at home.

My husband and I started today as well!  Support will be crutial!  My husband works construction and can't always come home for lunch... and doesn't always have access to a microwave to heat things up.  If anyone comes across some great lunch ideas that would fit... Please let me know!  Can't wait to be a healthier me!

• Administrators

My husband and I started today as well!  Support will be crutial!  My husband works construction and can't always come home for lunch... and doesn't always have access to a microwave to heat things up.  If anyone comes across some great lunch ideas that would fit... Please let me know!  Can't wait to be a healthier me!

Try this thread for some cold lunch ideas for the hubby.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/25677-picnicbrown-bag-lunch/

Starting today as well.  Just me, so will still have to live in a house with non-compliant foods (husband and two daughters), but at least I get to control what we have for dinner.  Take my lunch to work with me every day, so the meal planning, grocery shopping, and some pre-cooking took me FOREVER this weekend.  I know it's worth it, but hoping it gets a bit faster for me!  Good luck to everyone.

• Administrators

Starting today as well.  Just me, so will still have to live in a house with non-compliant foods (husband and two daughters), but at least I get to control what we have for dinner.  Take my lunch to work with me every day, so the meal planning, grocery shopping, and some pre-cooking took me FOREVER this weekend.  I know it's worth it, but hoping it gets a bit faster for me!  Good luck to everyone.

It definitely, 150% gets faster! You get quicker at it, you will have your foundation items down pat and you'll get into a groove.  Stick it out!

Started today also. The forum will be my sole source of support (other than my family) since I didn't realize I had to register for the Whole30 Daily before my start date. Day one has been fairly easy so fair.

Me too, re: using the Forum for support. Glad to have people here to chat with & for encouragement!

Thanks for checking in, Espie. I am also still on a "high". Sort of. Certainly not feeling the hangover that may come in days 2-3. I'm feeling strong and committed with no physical symptoms. However, my biggest struggle is not feeling hungry in the morning for Meal 1. I didn't normally eat breakfast and if I did it was a pastry or something (bad, I know). So, a big breakfast before work is not easy to consume for me. I hope that gets easier.

Tonight will be my first test as I will be with family (at my house) for a birthday (can you say cake and ice cream?). At this point I don't want it; Just hope I don't feel deprived tonight. I need to remember this is a CHOICE I am making for my health and well being.

• Administrators

Thanks for checking in, Espie. I am also still on a "high". Sort of. Certainly not feeling the hangover that may come in days 2-3. I'm feeling strong and committed with no physical symptoms. However, my biggest struggle is not feeling hungry in the morning for Meal 1. I didn't normally eat breakfast and if I did it was a pastry or something (bad, I know). So, a big breakfast before work is not easy to consume for me. I hope that gets easier.

Tonight will be my first test as I will be with family (at my house) for a birthday (can you say cake and ice cream?). At this point I don't want it; Just hope I don't feel deprived tonight. I need to remember this is a CHOICE I am making for my health and well being.

Hi Gina, breakfast does get easier.  Check out these two recent posts from our members Sarah & Jenny!

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/26636-starting-april-13th/?p=284800

I just started my first whole 30 yesterday too. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Yesterday went pretty well for me, had a few moments of wanting something sweet but it subsided quickly thank goodness. I know it will get harder but hoping for the best! Wishing everyone the best of luck with great results. 

I started getting hungry today about 2 hours after lunch. Uh oh! I was so proud of my lunch:

burger over lettuce.

sweet potato, plain

apple slices

Then it just hit me - no fat! There is fat in the beef (but I think it was 95% lean) so... I guess you live and learn. So now trying to decide how to make it until dinner. I put a larabar in my purse for emergencies. I did not expect to need it on day 2. bummed.

Hi all.  Hope everyone survived day one!   I will say that day one was a little rough.    Both my daughter and I were starving when I picked her up.    I think I just need to find the right balance of protein and fat.   I am not sure we had enough of either one of them.      I thought I did a little better with my lunch choice today, but I find that I am still hungry----but not nearly as bad as yesterday.     Though I am going to have to do some real thinking about things for my daughter's lunch.    I think she is feeling a little deprived when she sees what her friends are eating.

I am getting nervous for this weekend.    We have a hectic weekend of dance recital pictures and baseball.    My biggest issue will be the baseball.  We have to travel out of town, so I feel less in control of my eating options.    I will really have to plan ahead.

• Administrators

Both my daughter and I were starving when I picked her up.    I think I just need to find the right balance of protein and fat.   I am not sure we had enough of either one of them.      I thought I did a little better with my lunch choice today, but I find that I am still hungry----but not nearly as bad as yesterday.    

Hi Amy,

Feel free to post your food here if you would like some feedback.  So often we see people new to the Whole30 eating what is basically a restriction diet and that is truly not necessary.  You should not be overly hungry/starving on the Whole30.  If you want us to take a look, we might be able to suggest tips? 

As far as your daughter's lunch goes, if she's starving then yes, she's going to covet her friend's meals.  But if she's satisfied and well fed, she should do fine.  If you want inspiration, check out this Instagram account (I just found it today).  Not everything she serves would be acceptable but it might spark some ideas for you?

https://instagram.com/lilyslunches/

Archived