Starting second round 4/27

KFay

I'm starting my second Whole30 April 27, after I finish my first half-marathon. I completed my first whole30 April 8th but quickly 'fell off the wagon.'  :( I'm hoping the second time around will stick. Anyone else have similar problems after their first round??

• Administrators

It's probably more common than you think.  Especially if this is a dramatic life change for you.  Keep ticking along, resetting with Whole30 and each time a little more will stick.  :D

(the very fact that you are back here, ready to reset with Whole30 is a high sign that some change within you stuck!)

That's similiar to my experience with my first Whole 30. My husband and I had already been eating mostly paleo for about a year at that point. We did our Whole30, it was awesome, and then we went back to weekend treats and other indulgences that grew to become excessive. We did our second full-on Whole 30 this past January and, for the most part, have stuck to mostly compliant eating since then. I think focusing on the meal templates helped make it stick for me. During our first Whole30, I didn't follow the templates and just ate when I felt like it, snacked on fruit/nuts/etc so maybe it was the behavioral change of committing to three well-rounded meals each day that helped it sink in.

Starting April 26th (day after my anniversary) - 2nd Whole30, going for Whole90 this time as I didn't really feel any better with just 30 days. I may need to do some autoimmune tweaking also, but just trying to get back into Whole30 mode first! My first W30 was fairly discouraging. Encouraging and sort of easy at first, but then discouraging as the days passed and I didn't feel any different. Hoping that giving my body more time to heal the second time around will give some results (not weight loss results, but feeling better results!). 

Wishing everyone the best in this journey and hoping I can be one those to say I notice a difference this time :-)

(my husband travels for work and I have given him permission to make his own choices on the road but to stick to strict Whole30 eating when home - he isn't quite as on board as I am but he supports me and will cook/eat whatever food I have planned!)

Archived