Whole 30 restaurant foods in NYC

visar

There's a thread on the forum called....Can You Really Eat Out While Doing a Whole 30.   Google it and you might find it interesting.

A Whole 30 requires cooking but there are all kinds of threads to help you out.

If you're going there for a vacation or work event, you might want to wait until it's over before you begin.  If you live there, cooking your own food is the optimum way to go for 30 days.

Restaurants and food choices in NYC.  You're going to encounter all of the same roadblocks, non-compliant zones in NYC that you find anywhere.  It's not easy to be compliant with restaurant food.  No guarantee that what shows up on your plate is exactly what you think you're getting.   It's blind faith.

Oh, just thought of one place.  Brodo's for Bone Broth.  You can live on Bone Broth.   :D  :lol: 

Get a good coffee, Bone Broth and go somewhere for steak, baked potato and salad.

Someone there knows where the good steakhouse is....Bobby Flay's? 

Inline-Brodo-Marco-Canora-NYC-East-Villa

E N T R E E S S P I C E R U B B E D S T E A K S SERVED WITH BOBBY FLAY STEAK SAUCE RIBEYE 45. HANGER STEAK 33. NY STRIP 45. FILET MIGNON 48. BONE-IN RIBEYE 50. AMERICAN KOBE STRIP 85. S T E A K S P E C I A L T I E S PHILADELPHIA STYLE STRIP STEAK provolone cheese sauce, caramelized onions 47. SPICY SOUTHWEST RIBEYE roasted red and green chiles & garlic 47. FILET MIGNON LOUISIANA bearnaise sauce, crawfish 50. STRIP AND SHORE american kobe strip steak and fresh lobster tail 125. RACK OF PORK bourbon sauce, sage pesto mashed potatoes 34. VEAL RIB CHOP balsamic vinegar, hot and sweet peppers 48. PORTERHOUSE LAMB CHOPS red wine sauce, mint pesto 39. GRILLED CHICKEN bacon-mustard vinaigrette 29. LOBSTER BY THE POUND broiled or steamed 28. per lb. SHRIMP “SCAMPI” creamy green chile rice 38. PAN SEARED HALIBUT white clam sauce, parsley pesto 36. GRILLED TUNA STEAK triple peppercorn sauce, crispy red onions 38. S

S I D E D I S H E S 10. smashed baked potato with crème fraiche, goat cheese & green onions wild mushroom mashed potatoes, white truffle oil creamed spinach sweet potato gratin roasted asparagus, green peppercorn vinaigrette roasted mushrooms and onions cauliflower goat cheese gratin black pepper french fries creamy green chile rice

• Moderators

I'm not from NYC, but I remembered reading this thread from a while back that might be helpful. Do remember that just because this person said things were W30, doesn't necessarily mean they were, or even if they were then, that they still are. You'll still need to find out for yourself if things are truly compliant or not by researching the restaurants online and by asking lots of questions about oils used and marinades and all of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MeadowLily - I know you posted your response months ago, but I just came across it and am glad I did. I totally forgot about Brodo. Thanks for the reminder! I stopped by this week and picked up two, 32-oz jars of hearth and chicken broth. I can only have liquids today (colonoscopy prep) and I'm so happy to be sipping on something nutritious and delicious. I can't imagine spending the day having the sugary crap listed on the "allowed foods" instructions.

Archived