Hi there. New one here and just starting to research what Whole 30 is all about and how to do it. I had my bypass 13 years ago (215lb weight loss) and still have my gallbladder. I may be a little different in that once having surgery I found my weight loss for the first time mimicked a non-bypass in that it was based on eating well and proper exercise. My issue has been the last 4 years I have started to struggle with nutritional absorption and we are currently testing for autoimmune. The protein shakes I had (not whole30 compliant) were in fact low in sugar as well as supplements. What I am noticing with the suggestions to split meals, which were against what bypass Dr. suggest as it "CAN" promote grazing and snacking. I guess this is where you need to adjust to what works for you. Listening to your body is key.

Hello...I had bariatric surgery in 2004 and have maintained a 200+ pound loss...my life has been 180 degrees different from then, Thank the Lord!  However, I am still overweight by about 60 pounds.  I am on Day 12 of the Whole30 and doing ok.  I hope you are as well.

I had bariatric surgery in 2004 and have maintained a 200+ pound weight loss...however, that has still left me 60 pounds overweight.  Losing 200+ changed my life so extraordinarily I have been busy living it : ) and only have given off and on thought to losing the last 60.  That might be hard for folks who have never been down this road to understand.  I am 67 now and have several health issues and I just truly want to be mobile and adventurous so I am doing lots of things to be even healthier.  I am on Day 13 of the W30 and have not had any problems or issues, and only a few mild and transient cravings.  I wish you ALL the best on this journey!

HELLO!  I had DS gastric in 2004 and kept the weight off until about 2years ago when a I really just stopped eating the "right" way and started eating all the junk.  I have put on 50lbs in two years and have suffered with gas, bloating and general lethargy due to bad eating habits! I have seen a friend do Whole30 a couple times over 2018 with fantastic results so my husband and I decided to try it together and had R1D1 on January 19th, 2019! So far is SO GREAT! bloating is GONE, gas has really subsided and over all just laziness is slipping away! I did have a hard time staying with the template of 3 meals a day the first week, but then I read in the book that 4 SMALLER template meals is also compliant and this has worked much better for me and my smaller stomach.

Those of you who have done a round after gastric bypass...what foods did you have issues with reintroduction?

Archived