Today is day 2 of my second whole30. I experienced some great results the last time I did this (January 2014) and am hoping to stay on the bandwagon the entire period this time and also to add in exercise. When I did this program last year, I was coaching a competitive skating team and fell off a little bit towards the end (eating things like sweat potato chips and allowing corn back in when I still had about a week left). With all the traveling for competitions, it was too easy to give in to a chips and salsa party (they were just corn and salt in the chips though!)

Anyways, I'm hoping to stick better to the plan the entire time and to make this round even better by adding in exercise that I didn't do last time. I'm also hoping to get that "tiger blood" this round (exercise should help?). I graduated college last May and never quite got rid of the extra weight I put on "celebrating." I'm hoping this will be the recharge I need so that I stop feeling so sluggish and unmotivated. 

ps. If anyone has any alternative recipes/ideas for a protein rich breakfast WITHOUT eggs I would love to hear it! I just can't stomach them (the consistency just gets me!)

ALSO wanted to add 2 quick notes.

1. I just ordered the whole30 cookbook, this wasn't around last time I did this and I am SO looking forward to using it as a guide. 

2. I live in an apartment above a trader joe's so that's where I do most of my shopping (generally good stuff and great prices compared to the wholefoods down the street). If anyone has any specific products I can get there to make quick snacks I would LOVE to hear suggestions :)

• Moderators

Today is day 2 of my second whole30. I experienced some great results the last time I did this (January 2014) and am hoping to stay on the bandwagon the entire period this time and also to add in exercise. When I did this program last year, I was coaching a competitive skating team and fell off a little bit towards the end (eating things like sweat potato chips and allowing corn back in when I still had about a week left). With all the traveling for competitions, it was too easy to give in to a chips and salsa party (they were just corn and salt in the chips though!)

Anyways, I'm hoping to stick better to the plan the entire time and to make this round even better by adding in exercise that I didn't do last time. I'm also hoping to get that "tiger blood" this round (exercise should help?). I graduated college last May and never quite got rid of the extra weight I put on "celebrating." I'm hoping this will be the recharge I need so that I stop feeling so sluggish and unmotivated.

ps. If anyone has any alternative recipes/ideas for a protein rich breakfast WITHOUT eggs I would love to hear it! I just can't stomach them (the consistency just gets me!)

It's helpful to think in terms of meal 1, meal 2 and meal 3 rather than breakfast, lunch and dinner. You don't have to have different foods at breakfast. Leftovers work great. You can also google whole30 no egg breakfast and find lots of previous discussion on this topic.

• Moderators

There is no Whole30 cookbook! There is a book fraudulently calling itself the Whole30 cookbook, but it is not related to the Whole30. 

The new Whole30 book that has just come out this week does include recipes that are real, Whole30 recipes, but that book is lots more than a cookbook.

I love (cold) meatloaf for breakfast.  It was an idea born of the pork foods of an English breakfast.  But most sausages contain filler and I needed something quick, easy and portable.  I make my meatloaf with a pound of pork mince and a diced onion, I add salt and pepper and yellow mustard (not the strong stuff) and bake in a loaf tin for 45 mins.  It serves me four portions of about 20g protein.

The other thing I like and have a lot is smoked mackerel, with a lemon and black pepper flavouring.

I just restarted (after 17 days) round 2 beginning tomorrow as I already had a little milk and sugar today!

There is no Whole30 cookbook! There is a book fraudulently calling itself the Whole30 cookbook, but it is not related to the Whole30. 

The new Whole30 book that has just come out this week does include recipes that are real, Whole30 recipes, but that book is lots more than a cookbook.

Yes the new book is the one I was referring to !!!

Archived