Excited to start my first Whole30 May 1!

AnneFinDC

I've almost finished reading "It Starts With Food" and can't wait to start my transformation. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the pain is starting to hold me back. The last 6 months have been very stressful between work and caring for my elderly mother and I haven't been taking very good care of myself. I normally eat pretty well... no fast food, very minimal processed food and well-sourced meat and eggs from a local farm. But... I've been "feeding" my sleep-deprived and stressed-out self with too much caffeine and sugar and I'm really feeling it. The fibro pain is getting progressively worse and I've gained quite a bit of weight. I am so eager to get started and to start feeling better!!

Hi Anne,

I also have Fibro and started the Whole30 today. I was on the Paleo diet for a while over the winter which helped . . . but I started having WAY too many Paleo 'desserts'. And then there was the chocolate . . . and the problem of me constantly eating it. ;) Sometimes when my body feels so bad, all I want is a nice chocolate treat. And my body feels bad a lot, so . . . Anyway, I'm hoping Whole30 can re-set my body and help me get rid of the sugar/chocolate cravings. 

I hope things are going well for you!

Archived