Cideon's Log of Wholeness

cideon

So my real start date was 4/20, as I did not read ingredient labels the first two days, and then hadn't read the rules closely enough to remember peas are legumes. Ah well, even though those first 3 days didn't "count", they were very good for helping me get a bit more used to this. 

But yes, onto the log-stuff...

So my main concerns were that I have a major sweet tooth, I love my Coke Zero, and I am definitely caffeine addicted (if I miss a can at home or coffee at work, I have a stabbing headache to the front of my brain). So far i have survived, which amazes me! Tea is taking care of the first and last problems, though I have yet to find a 'perfect' tea. Earl Grey is the most palatable one so far. Or since i'm in America, would I spell it Earl Gray? Hmm.

I do not cook. I used to live off processed foods and fast foods, and as a result of this for the past ten plus years, I am a chunky gal. 201 pounds at 5 feet, 0 inches. Not sure what my goal weight would be, as eventually I want to do some minor bulking up with sexy muscle ;) It'd be nice to fit into a medium ladies shirt though! Thanks to Whole30 though, I have managed to cook an egg on the stove and cook a meal starting with raw chicken and peppers! Of course, I made enough so as that these are the only real hard things so far. I may have to may sure I'm matching my template, I think I'm not doing too well on my breakfast or pre-sleep snack (I work nights, and if I don't have something before bed, I wake up and am unable to go back to sleep). Otherwise I have been living off frozen veggies in the microwave, fresh fruits, nuts, wholy guacamole singles, tea, water, hardboiled eggs, and precooked sausage. 

Favorite new thing: Coconut aminos is nifty, though I've only used it for one recipe so far!

New goals: To use the crockpot! And cook two more new recipes. Also, add some tuna into the diet. 

May 2/day 12:

So still going strong. Starting to get noticeable cravings when I see something rich usually (nacho cheese dip is the most recent.... it just looked so creamy and decadent!) I did hit my goals from last time! Made three new things: pork roast in crock pot - a bit plain, chicken stuffed peppers - BFF loved them but it felt like it took a lot longer than on the recipe, and broiled skirt steak - too much lemony taste for me, but my BFF enjoyed, heh. And I did have some tuna on romaine leaves. I think would have been better with some pickle bits. Not sure if dill relish is compliant, but if it's not, I think it'd be fine with just some small pickle slices. 

What worries me is that I haven't quite hit the timeline spots that hard. Sure I was a bit moody and stuff like that, but otherwise I can't say the timeline has really described me at all. Does this mean I'm not being compliant somehow/somewhere?

Favorite new thing (s): Cooking is fun! But buying meat not on sale is pricier than I thought it'd be. Also, I have managed to cut down to one caffeinated tea a day. which I feel is much less than before :D Also, two people said they think my face is slimming hee.

New goals: Buy meat on sale first, then find a recipe for it instead of vice versa. Cook 2 new recipes. Stop eating so much fruit (which I don't do for the sweetness; rather I'm bored of the few veggies I have stocked, so i think I'll just get crap load of cucumbers because I LOVE those with salt and lime. Probably gonna peel and cut them en masse, then have them ready to go).

• 2 weeks later...

May 15/Day 25:

My t-shirts feel very loose and though I'm not solidly experiencing stuff from the timeline I do feel overall well! Had a hard week where I had to make do with eggs a LOT, plus fruits and nuts more than I should've, and limited veggies. A friend was in the hospital and I stayed with her as much as possible so I wasn't able to follow exact template. However, I did not eat anything I'm not supposed to, so I count it as a victory :) didn't have time to cook much besides those yummy sausages from Costco, then just some chicken+peppers+coconut aminos heh. And boiled eggs of course. I'm excited that I have an appointment with my endocrinologist Wednesday, so I'm excited to see how much weight I've lost and what my labs look like!

May 20/Day 30

Hurray, I did it! At first I had my doubts, but I did it! Managed to lose 11.2 pounds and my fasting blood sugar and cholesterol went down a bit! My doc said it would have been better if I had added exercise, but I'm still so proud of myself! That one bra that used to be too tight to wear was rather different - while I am comfy with the middle hooks, apparently my boobies are smaller hahaha! That's OK, I'll just buy new bras in another month or so :D I fit into an old pair of jeans that I couldn't before too. Not sure yet what I'll reintroduce tomorrow, but I promise to myself I won't go overboard! I just want to make sure I'm safe with all foods (or at east find out which if not) so that when something yummy is around, i don't have to be nervous about it. But I do hope to at least stay on whole 30 like those people who do 80/20 paleo, at the very least. I feel great, so I don't need to go back to other foods, it's only that I'd like a cup of white rice or some corn once in a while ;)

Archived