Spring into May Whole 30!

bronnyd

Okay, so my lunch wouldn't really classify as a meal.  I had a Fage 2% yogurt and lots of cherries along with a big tablespoon of almond butter.  But I have a great dinner planned :)  veal t-bone with steamed baby spinach and mashed sweet potato.  And a bit of gelato.

If anyone wants to follow along in the post-W30 log, I used the same name to keep it simple.  That way we can post what we're eating without making it tough on the folks who are continuing on.  Here's the link: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/27961-spring-into-may-post-whole-30-log/

YAAAAY WE DID IT!

Lori is right in creating a new post W30 forum. ....  On my first W30 I suggested the same thing - that we stay and report our reintro, but a moderator posted that we need to start a new reintro thread so as not to confuse any newcomer wandering about trying to wrap their heads around Whole 30 by checking out forums or wanting to join. And people sometimes continue onto W60 on the same forum. 

But one last post before saying g'bye to May Whole 30. 

Last night at 11 p.m. I was at a small partay with friends (celebrating a 3-hour high school dance, spoken word and music performances that were incredible), making my new fave prosciutto egg cups and decided to add some cheese. We ate a late scrumptious dinner/breakfast of cheesy prosciutto egg cups, sauteed broccoli and carrot slices and hash browns at 11:30 p.m. and it was delectable!

I said, "I've decided to reintroduce cheese 30 minutes before my whole30 is up... what's a measly half-hour?" and a friend said "It's already midnight somewhere else." YEAH! Today and tomorrow are my cheese reintro days. I'm having some very aged monticello cheese and tomorrow some 24 hour yogurt currently fermenting in my kitchen. No issues so far. Yeehaw!

Yesterday, I also ate almonds since they are already compliant and it was my own decision to stay away. Just some raw almonds on a hike - very good and no issues. I'll do a true nut reintro after dairy. Tonight, I'm making a simple coconut flour paleo bread (never issues with that) to go with dinner of compliant chicken wings  and broccoli. 

Can't reintro beans as they are already bad for my tummy and no grains as I'm on paleo.  

See you hopefully on Spring into May Post Whole30 forum! Thank you, Lori for creating it! 

Good job everyone!!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to ALL for making it! Whether we've been 100% compliant or not, what matters is what we've learnt about ourselves along the way, and I'm sure this is powerful! :)

Thank you for creating the new post log lori_vt! I'll be following it and hopefully I'll be a bit more active than in here - I kept thinking almost on a daily basis to post something but I never seem to find the time!

I'm planning to follow the reintroduction schedule while following the W30 and I started with legumes yesterday. So far it's going fine, but yesterday after eating some lentils soup at lunch my tummy was noisy and I felt gassy (actually I realised this feeling had disappeared quite radically while on my W30!!).

All the best for all the Spring into May W30 buddies! And lots of energies for those of you who are continuing beyond the 30 days!

it's day 32 for me.. I'm doing a whole100..

Just wanted to say congrats to all of us!!! We DID it!!!

I am super bummed because I weighed yesterday and lost NOTHING. Not one lb. I don't understand this. I cried. So stupid, but I saw how much that number (weight) affects me. I threw my scale in the garbage and I'm going to keep going.

I've been walking several nights a week, and eating almost NO fruit. My pants are big, and I'm sometimes even buying a size smaller. I just don't understand how that can happen and you physically don't lose a single lb. :(

Hey Wholemama - I no longer weigh myself as I can get way too obsessive about it. I'm going by how I look and feel. Pants size also. And going s-l-o-w. No more up and down and up and down. I'm slowly getting into better shape and size I feel good about. I've still got a ways to go before I feel and look what I envision, but at least I'm down and have stayed down a whole size. And I can see the dif in the mirror.

It sounds like you've reduced carbs quite a bit. There are carbs in squash and sweet potato too though. One thing I've had to do because of SIBO is reduce carbs. I still eat carbs, but much less and I think I'm naturally below 30 gs daily. Chapter 5 in It Starts With Food is also good about how we process carbs and sugar. 

There's also a good section in the book about healthy fats, which I've been upping in my diet. I don't eat as much now (no more daily bacon) but definitely feel the dif after lowering carbs and upping fat and greens. 

I'm glad you threw scale away. Scales are bad and not good indicators of what's really going on. :)

• Administrators

it's day 32 for me.. I'm doing a whole100..

Just wanted to say congrats to all of us!!! We DID it!!!

I am super bummed because I weighed yesterday and lost NOTHING. Not one lb. I don't understand this. I cried. So stupid, but I saw how much that number (weight) affects me. I threw my scale in the garbage and I'm going to keep going.

I've been walking several nights a week, and eating almost NO fruit. My pants are big, and I'm sometimes even buying a size smaller. I just don't understand how that can happen and you physically don't lose a single lb. :(

Because it's not all about gravity's effect on your body. The scale is bullshit. Would you care if the scale went up 20# but every single piece of clothing you had to buy was 2 sizes smaller? I don't think you would give a crap. The scale is a piece of shit. Revel in your loose pants and throw the scale in the garbage!

Sounds like your body composition shifted ... like the woman in this article: http://everydaypaleo.com/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/

What non-scale victories did you experience on the program?

Hah Shanny you hit it right on! I like how you said "it's not all about gravity's affect on the body." And all the other stuff too.

I have officially given away my scale (I did keep it afterall - but have not been using it.... but to be honest, I often think about using it at the "right time" when I feel I've lost enough weight. How crazy is that??).  It is on the sidewalk along with a couple other items with a "free" sign on it. :)

GF Chris Thank you for that awesome body composition article on everyday paleo!

Bye Golly Gee... After 96 days on the Whole30, I think that I've finally conquered tamed the "Sugar Demon".  Yesterday was the first day that I didn't crave something sweet (be it fruit, donuts, cake, cookies, vanilla creamer, honey etc etc etc)...Wow my body must have truly been out of whack... Thanks Whole30 program... :) :) : 

Archived