first week, feedback on meal plan requested

Gina S.

Hello. Today is my first day. I'm super excited and feeling very well prepared. But if it's not too much to ask I would really appreciate some feedback on my meal plan for the week. Am I on the right track? Suggestions to refine? Thank you!!!

D1M1: Spinach with 2 eggs (fried in tsp ghee), 2 pcs complaint turkey sausage. Berries
D1M2: Wild Planet Tuna w/ homemade mayo, apples, and dill pickle. Romaine lettuce leaves. Handful olives. Baby carrots.
D1M3: Burger with Lettuce wrap, mushrooms and tomato. Sweet potato. ½ avocado.

D2M1: 3 homemade egg muffins (w/ onions, peppers, and tomatoes). Banana with almond butter
D2M2: Burger with lettuce wrap. Sweet potato. Apple.
D2M3: Ground turkey w/ homemade taco seasoning. Guacamole. Lettuce. Tomatoes.

D3M1: 3 hard-boiled eggs, orange, handful pistachios
D3M2: Wild Planet Tuna w/ homemade mayo, apples, ands dill pickle. Romaine lettuce leaves. Handful olives. Baby carrots.
D3M3: Chicken wings (seared in EVOO then baked) w/ franks hot sauce mixed in ghee butter. Salad w/ veggies (EVOO & red wine vinegar).

D4M1: Bowlful mix of banana, coconut chips, cashews. 2 fried eggs in tsp. ghee. Berries
D4M2: Compliant deli turkey. Avocado. (need to add more)
D4M2: Mexican Crock-pot stew

D5M1: 3 homemade egg muffins (w/ onions, peppers, and tomatoes). Banana with almond butter
D5M2: Leftover Mexican crock-pot stew
D5M3: Grilled chicken breast. Salad w/ veggies (homemade ranch dressing). White potato w/ ghee.

D6M1: Spinach with 2 eggs (cooked in tsp ghee), 2 pcs complaint turkey sausage. Berries
D6M2: Left-over grilled chicken breast. Salad w/ veggies (EVOO & red wine vinegar). ½ Avocado.
D6M3: Grilled pork chop. Unsweetened applesauce.  Steamed green beans.

D7M1: 3 homemade egg muffins (w/ onions, peppers, and tomatoes). Banana with almond butter
D7M2:?
D7M3: Paleo Chili. Avocado on top.

That's a very well thought out meal plan & I thought I was organised!

I'm sure the mods will suggest some tweaks & pointers for you soon...

One thing I'd say is that meal one on day four makes me hungry just looking at it, and I don't mean that I'm salivating. I mean that it doesn't look to me like it will keep you satiated for 4-5 hours. I mean that the fruit has pushed the veggies so far off your plate they didn't make it out of the fridge. I mean that the banana/nut/coconut flakes looks like a granola, and I mean that I think you'll be ready for snacking well before meal two. Nuts aren't most satiating of fat sources on whole 30 & when eggs are your only protein source you should be eating as many as you can hold in one hand - that's 3-4 for most people. Sorry!

You'll also need a good serving of veggies with that chilli.

In short, I'd say plan to eat more.

• Administrators

Wow, this is very organized of you!  :)

You need more veggies overall.  1-3 cups with every meal.  Don't let fruit push those veggies off your plate.  Also, note that fruit provides a bit of a sugar hit so some folks find that if they eat it at the first meal, they are left craving sugar and sweets all day well into the evening.

Eating too light at breakfast is hard to come back from during the rest of the day and with your overall lighter intake on most days I think you are going to be HUNGRY if not feeling kind of terrible by the middle of the first week.  Chicken wings is not a lot of protein, it's mostly skin and fat...which is fine but you need protein.  The fruit salad thing for Meal 1 on Day 4 is not advisable.

I love your plan, you're a woman after my own heart.  But plan to eat more, I think.  Do you exercise at all?  If so, are you planning to have pre and post workout foods? (walks and yoga sometimes don't require pre and post but any high intensity will)

I would also pay careful attention to how your body responds to the fruit since it ca be a major hunger trigger for some. For me, I can usually get away with some berries at breakfast, but other fruits (apples, grapes, pretty much anything else) cause me to get hungry a lot sooner. If you're adding fruit because the meal doens't seem like enough food, consider adding adding more vegetables and/or protein and/or fat first.

Way to make leftovers work for you, though! It's always awesome when you can cook once and eat multiple times. :)

I thank you each very much for offering me feedback. It's so helpful!

I must admit...the banana/nut/coconut flakes salad thingy was my desire to have something that looked more like something I would eat before this plan. In other words, even though they are techincally compliant foods (which is why I thought it was okay) I realize that I will not win any battles psychologically by eating it.

The past 2 days I have not been hungry for breakfast so it's been a struggle to eat it but I have :) It's a little daunting to hear I need to eat more at breakfast.

I stopped eating after dinner last night at 6:30pm but still didn't have much of an appetite for meal one today. I'm just not used to eating much in the am. It will take time to adjust.

Thanks again!

Archived