Sneezing Constantly!

First, a bit of an intro:

I am Day #27 of my first Whole30, and so far everything has gone well. There have been some ups and downs, but it's been mostly smooth sailing. I had a few days of awful cravings (including a second round of cravings that lasted until a few days ago), but other than that, I feel fantastic. 

I feel SO good, in fact, that I don't even care if I've lost any weight (which wasn't my primary motivation for doing a W30 anyway).

Cravings I can deal with, but for some reason, I keep sneezing. This is very unusual for me. I don't feel unwell in any other way, but I've started to sneeze 3-5 times in a row 6-8 times a day. Nothing in my diet has changed, aside from cutting out fruit and nuts on Day #14. I'm eating enough (3 template meals a day). I'm getting enough sleep.

My only logical guess is seasonal allergies.

I've never had seasonal allergies before, but is it possible to develop them while on the W30? I don't have any other seasonal allergy-type symptoms (runny nose, etc.), just the sneezing. 

Has anyone else encountered this before?

• Administrators

Someone in another thread actually did comment just this week that they were experiencing the symptoms of seasonal allergies where they never had before. It's possible that you temporarily have allergies, your body could be otherwise taxed in healing and not able to deal with the seasonal allergy like it normally would.

Are you eating a lot of anything that you wouldn't normally?

No huge changes in diet, really. I've been eating pretty much the same 10-15 foods throughout my W30, but the sneezing has only cropped up over the past few days. I'm not totally sure what to do about it at this point. I guess I'll wait and see how I feel, since I'm not a big fan of taking meds unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks for your response. Only after I posted this thread did I figure out how to use the forum's search feature properly, and there were a few threads about sneezing. Sorry for the repeat! 

• Moderators

I have been sneezing the way you describe for the past month. I have been eating Whole30-style for 5 years. I don't think the sneezing is related to the Whole30 or any special thing you are eating or not eating. It is a bad year for seasonal allergies. 

We all want to control our health by following an ideal eating plan, exercise plan, sleep plan, etc.. Unfortunately (or fortunately in some cases), our health is only partially dependent on our actions and choices. 

Archived