Flaxseed oil (for dry eyes)

ck35

Hi. I did a search and saw that there was a topic on flaxseed oil but I still need some assistance if possible. I know that flax seeds are a "Limit" item as part of the W30 plan but I usually take flax seed oil (2 t of Omega Nutrition organic flax oil per day) to help with dry eyes. Is this too high of a dosage? I should mention that I also take Carlson's lemon cod liver oil (also 2 t per day) and have found the flax to be more helpful with my eyes (during periods of me taking one oil and not the other). Please help. Thanks. :)

CK35, two teaspoons of flax a day isn't problematic, especiallly if you're doing well with eliminating omega-6 fatty acids (and polyunsaturated fats in general) as part of your daily healthy eating plan. Eliminate seed oil use at home, make sure nuts and seeds aren't your primary fat source, and eat some healthy, wild-caught, cold water fish a few times a week and you'll be good to go. (And even if you're not doing all that, if two teaspoons of flax is the worst thing in your diet... you're doing just fine.) ;)

Melissa

Archived