Onto a New Me! Started 4/29/15

jewelsvic

Today is my first day on Whole30, although I took it for a test run yesterday and really enjoyed eating this way.

For breakfast today I cooked up a couple eggs scrambled in ghee (great stuff--reminds me of Irish butter!), with the organic hamburger left over from last night, fresh spinach, and some organic gala apple chunks. And coffee. I'm used to drinking it black, no problem there. Yum!

For lunch I've prepared a spinach salad with carrots, red peppers, tomatoes, walnuts, sunflower seeds, blueberries, chicken, green olives, and will top that with olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

I will have salmon and asparagus for dinner with a banana.

I could get used to this. It's the cheese and dairy that are my problem, and no alcohol. But I'm looking forward to the change. Bring it on!

Day 1 went fine. No issues, no hunger.

I felt good when I woke up this morning

I really enjoyed the breakfast I cooked up yesterday, so I cooked it up again today: a couple eggs scrambled in ghee, with the organic cooked hamburger, fresh spinach, and some organic gala apple chunks. And black coffee.

Then I went and swam a mile. I am a swimmer. I usually swim two to three miles a week.

Lunch was interesting because it was my Kiwanis meeting day. I checked out what was offered and only ate the fresh salad. I verified first that the oil and vinegar was prepared there and had no added sugar. I had eaten an orange before I went to the meeting in case there wasn't anything I could eat. But, I didn't have a chance to eat any protein until about 3 pm when I was able to get some chicken. Not the best choice for the way to eat lunch, but I didn't cheat, so it worked out.

Dinner was delicious! I sauteed chicken in ghee with red pepper, sugar peas, green olives and sunflower seeds, and had a sweet potato.

Day two was a good day.

Day 3

For breakfast I cooked up a couple eggs with some ground beef and ghee. Had a pear and coffee. Felt bloated.

Had a doctor's appointment where I had several bouts of diarrhea this morning.

For lunch I made up a spinach salad with carrots, tomatoes, green olives, walnuts, sunflower seeds, raspberries, blueberries, coconut, and oil and vinegar. It took me about 2.5 hours to eat my salad because I was at work and was very busy. I was also drinking coconut water.

Came home from work and have had diarrhea several times since I've been home. Had a banana hoping that would help the situation.

For dinner, had a chicken leg and thigh, some fresh tomatoes, celery, green olives. Sipping on water. Really tired.

Day 4

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with ground beef, sundried tomatoes and spinach. Coffee.

Lunch

Chicken, sugar peas, walnuts, orange, coconut water

Snack

Banana, walnuts, green olives

Dinner

Shepherd's pie recipe from Whole 30 book

Good day! No diarrhea!

Day 5

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with ground beef, sundried tomatoes and spinach. Coffee.

Lunch

Shepherd's pie recipe from Whole 30 book, orange, sugar peas

Dinner

Chicken, Ghee, Sugar peas, Cashews, Sundried Tomatoes, Sunflower seeds, Raisins.

Great day!

Guess I missed a few days...

Day 9

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, mushroom. Orange. Coffee.

Swam a mile. Could have kept on going.

Lunch

US Wellness bacon. Mashed sweet potatoes with coconut milk and ghee. Tomatoes. Banana.

Dinner

Green olives.

Stir-fried chicken with sugar peas, cashews, sunflower seeds, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes. Orange.

Great day! Feeling terrific!

Hi there - I'm from the land of that Irish butter that ghee reminds you of...  :P 

Just reading your log and thought I should mention for future reference that bacon is a fat rather than a protein on whole30 - it will really make a difference to your satiety/cravings/general success if you're counting on it as protein in a meal... Also, it's hard to tell from your log, but I'm guessing you need to bump up your veggies a bit.

Keep whole30ing on...

Thanks, jmcbn! I love Ireland! My maiden name is Kelley so I guess there's a reason for that. I've been there 10 times, but sadly haven't been since 2006. Miss it a lot! I used to lead genealogy research trips to Dublin back in the day.

Anyway, thanks for the info on bacon. I had just received the bacon delivery shortly before lunch and wanted to try it. Didn't realize it's not a protein. Now I know.

And, I actually do eat a lot of veggies, but could always use more. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it! I love this program!!!

Day 10

Breakfast

2 fried eggs and a few pieces of bacon, banana, sugar peas.

Lunch

Crockpot recipe from Whole30 for pork tenderloin coated with walnuts, carrots, sweet potatoes, celery, mushrooms, green olives, pecans. Orange.

Dinner

Organic ground beef stirfried with ghee, spinach, cashews, sun-dried tomatoes, celery, green olives, yellow and red peppers, a few raisins.

Yeah, 1/3 of the way done!

Archived