Change thread post order so newest post is first?

Espie

Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't find it on a manual or Google search. Is there a way to set reading preferences so that, when I open a thread, the newest post is shown first rather than last? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking...

Thanks!

• Administrators

You can go into "View New Content" where you can set your preferences for what "new" means (since last visit, overall etc).  Then, click the little grey arrow and you get a little drop down expansion.  There you can click on "View Latest Unread".  By using just the main forum page and clicking on threads, you'll always get the top of the thread.

I don't know if there is a way to do what you asked.

However, to see the newest post on a thread, you simply click on the date of the latest post.   Today's posts are labeled "Today," and others are labeled with the date they were posted. You can then scroll in reverse.

• Moderators

This is what I do:

When you're looking at a list of threads, over to the left of some of them you'll see a little blue dot. Click the blue dot to go straight to the first post you haven't read yet. If you haven't ever looked at the thread before, it'll go to the first post. And if you notice that it has a star instead of a dot, that means it's a thread you've posted in before, and you can click the star just like you would the dot. The main difference is the star may appear grayed out a bit -- that mean there are no new posts to read. If you haven't posted in a thread and there's no replies you haven't read, there just won't be a dot. 

screenshot%2Bfor%2Bw30.jpg

This is what I do:

When you're looking at a list of threads, over to the left of some of them you'll see a little blue dot. Click the blue dot to go straight to the first post you haven't read yet.

Brilliant! Thank you!

Archived