Meal timing

Hi all. Day 2 of a restart Whole30.

I like to workout at the end of the day (either a HIIT-style heavy workout or weight training about 3-4 times per week with casual, restorative walking most every day). I won't even start a workout before 8 pm and then by the time I get home it's around 9:15-9:30 pm. I'm rarely ever hungry after a workout, but I've always choked down some protein post-wo as I've been told to do. The program says to stop eating a few hours before bed, which means that I would have to wait until 11:30 to call it a day, leaving me with less than 8 hours of sleep. I'm wondering if I should skip the post-wo meal? I don't want to confuse my hormones, which of course we are all striving to reset during the Whole30. Thanks!

What time is your first meal the next day?

If you're already not hungry after the workout, I'd say you'd be fine with a small postWO meal and then have a good breakfast the next day. No need to postpone bedtime since sleep is as important (if not more, in terms of recovery) than food. Also, the "window of opportunity" for postWO protein synthesis is much much larger than people say.

Archived