McDonald's Artisan chicken breast

tricializ

Hi all:
Saw a commercial last night for McDonald's Artisan Chicken breast where they say 100% chicken breast, no added colors or artificial flavors added...just 100% chicken. However, I am wondering if they are sneaking sugar in there as it's technically not "artificial".  Anyone know if it's compliant? It would be nice to have a quick option for those days.

• Administrators

Here you go, a quick google search. 

ARTISAN GRILLED CHICKEN FILET

Ingredients: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast with Rib Meat, Water, Salt, Vegetable Starch, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Honey, Onion Powder, Dried Vinegar, Natural Flavor (Plant Source), Baking Soda.

Prepared with Canola Oil/Olive Oil Blend and Herb Seasoning (Sugar, Garlic Powder, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Parsley, Onion Powder, Dried Honey, Citric Acid, Spice, Dried Vinegar, Natural Flavor [Plant Source]).

Convenience foods are just that.  It is blind faith to believe that we're getting the real deal when Lady Shanny has shown us...they were just blowing smoke.  A Whole 30 requires cooking and making the break from all of the highly engineered to be craved commercial foods.   The way to break the cycles of cravings is to make the break from fast food joints and packaged foods.

Well I'm not surprised. When I saw that Chick-Fill-A had sugar in their chicken I figured most others did plus more. I am on day 17 and so far have avoided having to grab any fast food, albeit one airport meal where they had a salad place where you pick the greens, the toppings and the dressings. So that actually ended up being easy. I just plan ahead and it has worked out. I just thought it would be great to have an option but alas, it is not so. LOL Thanks for the answers.

Archived