Maggie's Whole30

maggief

DAY 44:

Earlier this week I started a blog to capture elements of my W30 and other things going on in my life. I haven't told anyone about it yet, but figured I'd share it here first in case anyone wants to check it out... Here's to spreading the good food word! Lol :)

Here's the link: http://mequalsone.com/

Sleep: 9 hours

What I ate:

Post-run: banana, leftover chicken breast

Brunch: small spinach omelet, deviled egg, sausage, smoked salmon, grilled zucchini, mushrooms, artichoke hearts

Snack: baby carrots and broccoli with guacamole, apple

Dinner: browned ground beef, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, apple

Breakdown:

2,163 calories, 137.5g fat (57%), 136.9g carbs (23%), 113.2g protein (21%)

Exercise:

45-minute run. I didn't measure how far I ran, but I'd guess something around 4 miles.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! :rolleyes:

DAY 45:

Sleep: 8 hours

What I ate:

Meal 1: 2 eggs over 1/4 cup ground beef, raw zucchini, bone broth, mint verbena tea

Meal 2: turmeric-spiced sliders (no bun), raw mushrooms, grape tomatoes, baby carrots

Snack: baby carrots with guacamole, coconut butter

Meal 3: pork roast with apple and sweet potato

Breakdown:

2,008 calories, 138g fat (61%), 79.1g carbs (15%), 118.2g protein (25%)

Exercise:

Power clean practice: 55#(3) -- 75#(3) -- 95#(1) -- 105#(F) ... I couldn't get quite the form down. I've had an easier time doing hang cleans at 105#, and today it just felt heavy and awkward. Need to practice the first pull.

Then:

3 rounds: 500m run, 30 box jumps, 30 kettlebell swings -- I had a couple of bloody falls doing box jumps (20" and 24") over the summer and I'm still working up the courage to start doing them again. I subbed step-ups on a 20" box tonight. The WOD took me 16:46 (12kg KB)

DAY 46:

Sleep: 7.5 hours

What I ate:

Meal 1: ground beef with 2 eggs, zucchini, grape tomatoes

Meal 2: leftover pork roast with apple and sweet potato, roasted brussels sprouts, baby carrots with guacamole, grape tomatoes

Meal 3: chicken-veggie skewer (chicken marinated in balsamic vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper), coconut butter

Breakdown:

1,795 calories, 109.4g fat (54%), 102g carbs (21%), 111.3g protein (25%)

Exercise: Rest day.

DAY 47:

How is it day 47?? I'm suddenly in shock that it's mid-October lol!

Neither my workout nor my dinner hit the spot today. Disappointing, but bound to happen from time to time. :unsure:

What I ate:

Breakfast: I was so hungry this morning! I ate the last bits of this week's pork roast :)

Lunch: sliders, raw zucchini, peppermint tea

Snack: baby carrots with salsa, couple tbsp coconut butter

Dinner: chicken breast with roasted peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes, guacamole

Breakdown:

1,902 calories, 105.7g fat, 105.8g carbs, 139.3g protein

Exercise:

3 rounds: 5-7 ring rows (20×0), 60 secs front squats (35#), 30 secs hanging leg raises

– R1: 7 ring rows, 20 front squats, 10 leg raises; R2: 7 ring rows, 19 front squats, 12 leg raises; R3: 7 ring rows, 19 front squats, 12 leg raises

then…

10-min amrap of max ring rows, 250m row — completed 61 ring rows in 5 rounds

– R1: 15 ring rows, 250m row; R2: 15 ring rows, 250m row; R3: 10 ring rows, 250m row (the ring rows suddenly got very hard in this round); R4: 10 ring rows, 250m row; R5: 11 ring rows, only finished 150m row before time was called

DAY 48:

Breakfast: 4 eggs cooked with some ghee and dried dill, raw zucchini

Lunch: chopped grilled chicken with homemade mayo, cherry tomatoes, broccoli slaw with balsamic vinegar

Snack: baked eggplant "chips"

Breakdown:

1,651 calories, 88.6g fat (48%), 109.4g carbs (24%), 114.6g protein (28%)

Exercise:

1 Rep Max Floor Press (20 mins): 65#(5) -- 75#(3) -- 80#(3) -- 85#(1) -- 90#(1) -- 95#(1) -- 100#(1) -- 105#(1) -- 110#(F)

then...

1000m Row + 1000 Run, for time: 9:58

DAY 49:

Sleep: 8 hours again icon_biggrin.gif?m=1129645325g

What I ate:

Meal 1: 4 eggs cooked with some ghee and dried dill, raw zucchini, peppermint tea

Meal 2: chopped grilled chicken with homemade mayo, broccoli slaw, raspberry zinger tea

Snack: baby carrots with guacamole, grilled asparagus

Meal 3: "meatza" with roasted root vegetables, sliced apple with cinnamon, couple tbsp coconut butter

Breakdown:

1,896 calories, 123.9g fat, 94.8g carbs, 110.8g protein

Exercise:

3 rounds: 30 secs box dips, 60 secs rest, 3-6 good mornings (31×1), 60 secs rest, 30 secs tuck sit, 60 secs rest

– Rounds 1: 16 dips, 6 good mornings @ 45#, 30 secs tuck sit

– Round 2: 17 dips, 6 good mornings @ 55#, 30 secs tuck sit

– Round 3: 18 dips, 6 good mornings @ 55#, 30 secs tuck sit

Then...

“Fran†— 21-15-9 thrusters and pull-ups — 8:45 @ 45#, wide band (40 seconds faster than same workout on Sept. 24)

DAY 50:

Breakfast: Small slice of last night's meatza, a banana-egg mix that I cooked up in the microwave

Lunch: half chicken (breast and leg, skinless) with a side salad and some olives

Dinner:I had dinner with a few ladies from my paleo "meat up" group at a great local restaurant with responsibly sourced ingredients and a huge willingness to work with our dietary restrictions. It was delicious and I feel wonderful :)

Here's the grain-free, dairy-free, legume-free rundown:

-- Appetizer: Sashimi of Fluke

-- Entree: Belly of Kurobuta Pork (subbed cauliflower and green beans instead of corn and beans)

-- Dessert: Roasted pear (subbed side of raw cantaloupe instead of ice cream)

Breakdown:1,883 calories, 113.4g fat (54%), 91.5g carbs (18%), 128.1g protein (28%)[/font][/size][/color][/font]

Hi Maggie.....I love your blog. That Pork roast with apples sounds so good. I am going to have to try that. 49 days!!! That is to be congratulated. You have done awesome.

Aww thank you Nancy!! That means so much. You've been such an inspiration, hope you're well!

DAY 51:

I survived the Army 10-miler! My goal was simply to finish, and I did it in 1:52.

Sleep: 6 hours

Pre-race meal: some ground beef with roasted root vegetables

Post-race snack: an orange (not my first choice, but there were no bananas, just pastries, bagels and bars, ugh)

Brunch: small salad with steak and a veggie frittata (no cheese or potatoes).

Dinner: leftover meatza, roasted brussels sprouts and parsnips, baby carrots with guacamole, apple slices with cinnamon

Breakdown:

2,184 calories, 99.4g fat (40%), 205.6g carbs (35%), 135.9g protein (25%)

Exercise: 10-mile run (112 mins), plus a couple miles walking

DAY 52:

Sleep: 8.5 hours

What I ate:

Meal 1: omelet with 4 eggs, swiss chard and ghee, grape tomatoes, peppermint tea

Meal 2: tuna-broccoli salad with homemade mayo, mustard and balsamic vinegar, roasted butternut squash, grape tomatoes

Snack: baby carrots with guacamole and salsa

Meal 3: pork shoulder roast (new recipe here) with bok choy

Breakdown:

1.931 calories, 111.1g fat (51%), 101.3g carbs (19%), 139.8g protein (30%)

Exercise:

Rest day, walking

DAY 53:

What I ate:

Meal 1: leftover pork roast with bok choy, 2 cups peppermint tea

Meal 2: canned salmon with homemade mayo and mustard, baby carrots with guacamole and salsa

Meal 3: pork roast, roasted asparagus and parsnips

Snack: 5 grapes, peppermint tea

Breakdown:

1,566 calories, 70.4g fat (40%), 123.3g carbs (30%), 121g protein (30%)

Exercise: Rest day.

Love the look of your eats Maggie and the fact that you're getting the all important rest day and 8+ hours of sleep in. Awesome job! :D

Thanks Jenny! The sleep is taking such a huge, concerted effort but it's been totally worth it. I feel amazing after the last couple of weeks of sleeping like a normal person :)

DAY 54:

Meal 1: ground beef with an egg, zucchini, carrots, guacamole, peppermint tea

Meal 2: roast chicken, bok choy, coconut butter, grapes, baby carrots, roasted eggplant

Breakdown:

2,269 calories, 131g fat (51%), 111.7g carbs (18%), 170.4g protein (31%)

Exercise:

3 Rounds: 45 Seconds DB Floor Press, 3-6 High Bar Back Squat (31×1), 45 Second Ring Plank Hold -- 20# DBs, 65# squats

Then:

15-12-9: Front Squats, Burpees (3-minute time cap) — DNF: I completed the rounds of 15 and 12, plus one front squat @ 35#.

DAY 55:

My W30 almost ended today! I volunteered at work to test hot peppers for a video project. My mouth was on fire and I came *this* close to taking a sip of milk or a cracker to dull the burning. Luckily one of the peppers numbed my mouth, negating the need for milk ;) Can't believe Day 55 is done...

Breakfast: ground beef with 3 eggs, zucchini, guacamole

1st Lunch: spinach salad with grilled chicken, beets, broccoli, asparagus and balsamic vinegar, hot peppers

2nd Lunch: ground beef with roasted broccoli

Dinner: braised beef shanks with onions and carrots, apple slices with cinnamon

Breakdown:

1,661 calories, 82.9g fat (44%), 90.7g carbs (20%), 143.9g protein (36%)

Exercise:

Kipping pullup practice for 15 mins: I still haven't gotten my first pullup, but I got closer than ever today! I've been slacking on “Project Pullup†the last couple of weeks but this was the motivation to get back on it.

Then…

3 rounds: 500m run, 25 kettlebell swings, 15 wall balls — 13:07 (12kg KB, 10# med ball)

DAY 56:

Breakfast: leftover braised beef shanks, grape tomatoes

Lunch: leftover roasted chicken breast, carrots

Snack: leftover ground beef, banana

Dinner: sauteed beef with tomatoes, eggplant and saffron, steamed cauliflower, sliced pear, peppermint tea

Breakdown:

1,969 calories, 73g fat (33%), 126.8g carbs (24%), 205.4g protein (43%)

Woah, really heavy protein day! I had a lot of leftover meat though that I didn't want going bad while I'm out of town.

Exercise: Rest/travel day.

DAY 57:

Sleep: 7 hours

Exercise:

2.45-mile run (23 mins)

Then…

3 rounds: 1-minute max walking lunges, 1-minute plank hold

Breakfast: leftover beef with tomatoes, cauliflower, grapes

Lunch: grilled steak over salad

Snack: baby carrots, grapes, dates

Dinner: grilled salmon, roasted butternut squash, steamed cauliflower

Breakdown:

1,900 calories, 44.1g fat (21%), 242.8g carbs (46%), 152.5g protein (33%)

Archived