I decided I want to LIVE

Dnnasttn

I've been eating a lot of repeats too! Ugh.

That's awesome about the pants. I'm 15 days in and not really feeling a ton of difference in my clothes. I try to walk 30 minutes each day, but this week hasn't been much walking. I'm hoping that if I'm a bit more active it'll help the weight go down.

Maybe you can celebrate the halfway mark with that new Fitbit for yourself?  I'm such a newbie with mine but its presence on my arm is a visual reminder to keep my butt moving.  I finally got the Coconut La Croix and you are right... it is soooooo good.  Like lounging on the beach in the tropics.  Well, not quite but it is really refreshing.  Wishing you a good day!  

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 21 was so busy I forgot to post.  I forgot to eat M1 before going to the store... I wasn't hungry, tempted, etc. but I ate about 3 hours after waking.  I know that's not smart.  I cleaned my house like a pro and played with my dogs in the backyard for at least an hour (love days off from work).  

M1:  2 eggs over easy in ghee, with a heaping pile of zoodles

M2:  chicken fried in coconut oil wrapped in lettuce leaves with cherry tomatoes, dressed with ginger and paprika mayo

M3:  leftover chicken with leftover zoodles and leftover spaghetti squash, with ghee and black olives

Today is Day 22 and I'm nowhere near ready to be done with this way of eating.  Even though I'm not craving anything, I know the sugar dragon is lurking.  I plan to enjoy a non-food celebration (massage) after Day 30, then start again.  I'm in the U.S.A. and Memorial Day is right around the corner.  The neighborhood pool will open so I'll have my favorite mode of exercise to enjoy again... doggie paddling around the pool!  Yay!  

I think logging like this is really helping.  I love having interaction with all of you and appreciate your support and advice.  Peace, love and veggies!

Wow, Day 23!

M1:  2 eggs, ghee, roasted cauliflower and red peppers

M2:  grilled pork chop, 2 celery stalks with almond butter, small apple

M3:  almonds, burger patty with mustard, cucumbers

Our Internet has been down since early yesterday and I took full advantage.  Exceeded my exercise goal by power washing the house, spring-cleaning windows, the porch, the deck and taking the dogs for a really long walk.  It's nice to be able to do all that and not be in excruciating pain from my ankles!  Didn't sleep well last night and don't know why.  But after another busy day running around town and country with my niece, I think I'll sleep just fine.  I went to a Tupperware party today for the first time in YEARS.  I love Tupperware, especially now that I'm doing all this cooking and storing leftovers.  The hostess made a ton of snacks that I would have gorged on before... I had none of them... was prepared with my Coconut LaCroix and timed M2 to keep me full.  Victory is mine!  

You are doing great Donna! I can't believe how close you are to the end! Are you going to keep the Whole30 going? I'm doing a whole100 so I'm looking for long term friends! :)

I know I will go at least another 30 days so I'm not going anywhere.  Why did you pick 100?

Well, it's Day 25!  I've been in a funk today - stomach hurts but I can't imagine it's food related.  I think it's a virus... ugh.  I ate today but it was more of a chore than usual.  I'll be getting to bed early and hoping tomorrow all is well.

M1:  2 eggs, ghee, celery, cherry tomatoes

M2:  ground beef, tomatoes, mayo, zoodles

M3:  ground beef, tomatoes, mayo, spinach and bing cherries

Hope everyone had a great day :)

Day 26.  I don't know what caused yesterday's yuckies but it's gone, so all is well!  Thanks for the well wishes!  

M1:  3 breakfast sausages, celery and cherry tomatoes

M2:  hotdog (the kind Chezjulie eats -- apple-something? -- yummy!), zoodles, mustard, mayo, bing cherries

M3:  chicken cooked in coconut oil, spinach, artichokes and kalamata olives

Counting the days, waiting for the pool to open.  I got a basket for my bicycle so I can ride that back and forth for a few extra calorie burns.  Yay!

I'm starting to think about the scale, like it's a requirement after Day 30 or something, and it scares me.  Not sure I want to weigh at all.  Opinions?  

• Moderators

I'm starting to think about the scale, like it's a requirement after Day 30 or something, and it scares me.  Not sure I want to weigh at all.  Opinions?  

There's nothing that says you have to weigh yourself, ever. Well, except at the doctor's office, they tend to want you to, because it's a nice way to fill in a number on a chart.

Here's a whole list of other ways to measure the state of your health, that don't involve your relationship to gravity.

I'd say don't weigh in if you don't want to. Are you really going to do a Whole100 with WholeMama? Why don't you just tell yourself you can weigh in then if you feel like you want that data. I mean, we know you're fitting in the wrong size pants already, right?

I'm planning to go over the list that Shannon linked to the evening of my Day 30, then get some bloodwork done in the morning and see where my numbers are. I'm going to reintroduce some foods over the next couple of weeks, eat more loosely for the next three weeks because I've got 9 days of work travel and I don't want to drive myself batty, and then possibly jump back on another Whole30 in July if I think I've got some more work to do.

There's nothing that says you have to weigh yourself, ever. Well, except at the doctor's office, they tend to want you to, because it's a nice way to fill in a number on a chart.

Here's a whole list of other ways to measure the state of your health, that don't involve your relationship to gravity.

Thanks Shannon.  I like this list A LOT!!!  I do have a dr. appt on 5/27, but I can certainly opt out of knowing.  This list will become part of my regular "progress review."

No need to weigh! Sounds like you are staying on w30 because of how you FEEL, not because of the weight you are losing. Don't worry about a number that will fluctuate every day anyway :)

You're so right Kymlynne.  Knowing my weight is just not that important.  I FEEL GOOD!!!

See, I'm the opposite. I'm so curious about my weight. Grrrrr. I can feel my pants getting more loose and I have a doctor's appointment in the 2nd week of June. I know I'm going to be weighed, so I'm thinking of just waiting until then and seeing what it says. I'm technically not weighing myself. We'll see.

No need to weigh! Sounds like you are staying on w30 because of how you FEEL, not because of the weight you are losing. Don't worry about a number that will fluctuate every day anyway :)

You are absolutely right!  The number on the scale has played such an important and negative role in my life and that's just ridiculous.  It makes old tapes play in my head when my unrealistic expectations aren't met.  I remember when I weighed 102 pounds at age 17 and being called Little Lotta, a fat hooba and all kinds of mean names by my sister (who was an anorexic gymnast).  I've decided to NOT weigh myself for the forseeable future.  Thank you.

I got rid of my scale. Scales are not our friends. Getting it out of your house will be liberating.

I have a very nice scale.  Someone will appreciate finding it at the Goodwill store.  Decision made.  Thank you!

This list is awesome and has already become my new "scale".  I think I'll print it and put it where the scale would sit (as it is unceremoniously leaving my home soon.)  Thank you, thank you, thank you.   :)

Archived