Stopped on Day 21, can't stop eating now

lauradex

So I started my 30 on the first of August. I stuck with it for 21 days with little to no results. I was extremely stressed out with life factors which could have had something or everything to do with my lack of results. I decided to jump off and pick it back up when things settle down.

Well, I didn't jump off, I dove, head first into wine, chocolate, gluten, dairy, all of it. I feel like a maniac now. I have always been a healthy eater and have good food habits but the past 2 weeks and especially this last week it has been crazy. I am eating ice cream (just a scoop) before lunch, drinking 4 cups of coffee a day (used to have 2), wanting wine every night, shoveling popcorn by the fist fulls. Crazy, crazy stuff with little to no self control.

What is happening to me? Did I throw my whole body out of wack? How do I stabilize?

Please help!!!!

I, many times, ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's at one sitting, lots of bread, lots of dairy, candy bars, devil dogs, etc. I lead an active lifestyle. The first few days were hard, but often when I had a bit of a craving, I went back to the mantra,"Beating cancer is hard, Beating heroin addiction is hard, Beating anything out of your control is HARD." "30 days of a healthy program should not be hard in comparison." My sister has been through chemo 3 times, she dealt with it and moved forward, double mastectomy and all.

When I think the 30 days is hard, I think of her and it all becomes crystal clear and easy. You can do it!!!!! If I can do it, so can you. Be strong, think of how good your life will become. The other thing is that I never looked at this as a diet. If you look at what you can't have, you will drive yourself nuts. Focus on what you can eat, and you will discover a new world of food.

When you have personal strife, move into exercise. Just stay of the couch........

Best of Luck......

Find a buddy on this site and work with them!!!!

JT

The other important part is that you cannot look at it as 30 days. It is one day at a time. As they say, Chip Away At The Stone......the entire rock looks huge, chip away and it a bunch of little stones. Celebrate every little victory. You can do it!!!!!

Archived