Whole100, Far more serious..

WholeMama623

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 43.

Babysitter took one look at me today and said "You look skinny! are you losing weight!?"

WOOOHOOOO! What a great NSV for the beginning of Friday!

Today, I've started thinking about how normal this eating is to me. I don't look longingly at anything anymore. I just kind of accept this is the way I should eat to treat my body the best. I love not feeling bloated, and I don't want to go back to that.

Getting to the 50 day mark makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere. Can't think about the beach, or Disney. Just taking it one day at a time!

Have a great weekend!!

That's a great NSV. You also sound much more content with the process. I agree that this way of eating seems really normal now. I look forward to my big breakfast full of proteins and veggies, and sail past the donuts in the office with ease. 

Day 46.

Good Morning!!

Getting so close to day 50, and that is an awesome milestone for me mentally!

My DH is doing the T-25 program, and borrowed a scale from my family member because I threw mine away. Of COURSE, the minute it was in the house, I wanted to stand on it. It's like an actual addiction!!! What the hell? So I did. I lost another 2.3 lbs and that means I've lost about 4 lbs since day 31. WOOHOO. It also means I've lost 13.2 lbs this year, and that means I'm almost halfway to my goal weight. I would love to get there by September, but I know it probably will not happen.

We had a nice weekend. Surprise party for my aunt on Saturday where I couldn't eat anything, and Sunday DH and I took our daughter to my grandfather's pool. We grilled a nice Ribeye steak, and I ate it with carrots and guacamole, and a few cherries! It was a wonderful day. Lots of fun!!

My work pants today are TOO BIG!!! They used to be perfect, and now they are falling off and saggy in the butt. I guess I'm going to have to get some new work pants!

You're doing amazing, too, WholeMama! Honestly you, me, and Donna have all been incredibly successful at making these changes. Your post made me realize that although I'm not still on a strict Whole30, for me it has also been 50 days of no grains, legumes, dairy, and soy except for on reintroduction days, and very limited added sugar. 

Great news on the weight loss and pants looseness (but stay off that scale, young lady!). You might have to get you an Ellie Mae Clampett rope belt to hold up yer trousers.  :P

post-67977-0-27051600-1434380807_thumb.j

Day 46.

Good Morning!!

Getting so close to day 50, and that is an awesome milestone for me mentally!

My DH is doing the T-25 program, and borrowed a scale from my family member because I threw mine away. Of COURSE, the minute it was in the house, I wanted to stand on it. It's like an actual addiction!!! What the hell? So I did. I lost another 2.3 lbs and that means I've lost about 4 lbs since day 31. WOOHOO. It also means I've lost 13.2 lbs this year, and that means I'm almost halfway to my goal weight. I would love to get there by September, but I know it probably will not happen.

We had a nice weekend. Surprise party for my aunt on Saturday where I couldn't eat anything, and Sunday DH and I took our daughter to my grandfather's pool. We grilled a nice Ribeye steak, and I ate it with carrots and guacamole, and a few cherries! It was a wonderful day. Lots of fun!!

My work pants today are TOO BIG!!! They used to be perfect, and now they are falling off and saggy in the butt. I guess I'm going to have to get some new work pants!

Go shopping!!!!  Woot woot!!!!  Congratulations... you set your goal and didn't let frustration derail you!  You totally ROCK!  

Thanks ladies!!! and Julie, I know!!! NO MORE SCALE (until Tuesday. I have a doc appointment)

Day 47.

Not much going on! Keep thinking a LOT about when this is over. I'm afraid to do reintro, but I know that whole30 standards are too strict for me for long term. It's becoming almost an obsession for me. ..I just keep wondering where I plan on going from 100 days out. One thing I KNOW, is that I do not want to be doing whole30 "rules" while on vacation in September. I DO want to make good eating choices though. We are driving from Maryland to Florida. It's going to take us 2 days because we have a child. We are going to be eating several meals on the road. Because of my celiac, there isn't a TON of fast food I can have anyway, so that helps a lot. I've discovered that I can't have nuts (they really upset my stomach) and that's what'd I'd been relying on at gas stations.. that and hardboiled eggs. It'll be nice to have a little more leeway with that.

As I said I do well with written out strict "rules" so I will have to come up with some general stuff for after my 100 days are over. I KNOW I want to stay away from grains as much as possible, and NO SOY. I don't need diary at all, except for maybe in my coffee, same for sugar.

AHHH! I just feel like to do it THIS LONG, it's pointless to STOP doing it, but the rules need to be loosened a bit after the 100 days.

I know that it is scary to think about Reintroduction when you've been so successful on a strict Whole30, but I think there are things you can do to manage what post-Whole30 life looks like. I mean, you've already made some decisions about what that's going to look like for you - no soy, minimal grains, dairy in your coffee, and only a little sugar. So those are your new guidelines tailor-made for you. Have you seen Melissa Hartwig's posts on what she eats here, here, and here?

One thing to remember is that Reintro is pretty slow - 2 strict Whole30 days for every day that you reintroduce a food group, and you can even slow your roll. So far I am finding that I eat very very similarly to the Whole30, but I don't have to freak out if I use ketchup or mayo with added sugar, or cashew nuts that were roasted in peanut oil. So it's definitely more convenient. 

I will be leaving for an 8-day business trip in one week, and I plan to keep journaling my meals, so I may be able to serve as a guinea pig for you on how to do Whole30-ish eating while traveling. (Although mine is a conference staying at hotels with a per diem, which is a different beast from driving across states with a small child). But if you are not on a strict Whole30, it will be much more doable, and it doesn't mean that you (or I) will throw all our new habits out the window. 

Thanks ladies!!! and Julie, I know!!! NO MORE SCALE (until Tuesday. I have a doc appointment)

Day 47.

Not much going on! Keep thinking a LOT about when this is over. I'm afraid to do reintro, but I know that whole30 standards are too strict for me for long term. It's becoming almost an obsession for me. ..I just keep wondering where I plan on going from 100 days out. One thing I KNOW, is that I do not want to be doing whole30 "rules" while on vacation in September. I DO want to make good eating choices though. We are driving from Maryland to Florida. It's going to take us 2 days because we have a child. We are going to be eating several meals on the road. Because of my celiac, there isn't a TON of fast food I can have anyway, so that helps a lot. I've discovered that I can't have nuts (they really upset my stomach) and that's what'd I'd been relying on at gas stations.. that and hardboiled eggs. It'll be nice to have a little more leeway with that.

As I said I do well with written out strict "rules" so I will have to come up with some general stuff for after my 100 days are over. I KNOW I want to stay away from grains as much as possible, and NO SOY. I don't need diary at all, except for maybe in my coffee, same for sugar.

AHHH! I just feel like to do it THIS LONG, it's pointless to STOP doing it, but the rules need to be loosened a bit after the 100 days.

Congrats on all the victories so far!

What I'm noticing is how close to "the rules" your idea of life after Whole100 is! I think it's a great idea to be thinking now about what foods might be "worth it" and under what circumstances, but from experience, I recommend you to take those reintroductions seriously and be flexible. You might find that some foods you thought you wanted don't appeal to you anymore, or that they actually cause you more negative side effects than they're worth. Other foods might surprise you!

For example, I thought I'd really want pasta and cheese, but neither tasted that good to me during reintros. I also thought I'd really want hummus, but it made me feel so terrible that I can willingly give it up. And foods I thought I would feel "meh" about (white rice, corn), but wanted to reintroduce because they're components of dishes/experiences I think are "worth it" (sushi, summer corn eaten outside with friends or family) ended up being MINDBLOWINGLY DELICIOUS and actually didn't have any major negative side-effects!

Congrats on all the victories so far!

What I'm noticing is how close to "the rules" your idea of life after Whole100 is! I think it's a great idea to be thinking now about what foods might be "worth it" and under what circumstances, but from experience, I recommend you to take those reintroductions seriously and be flexible. You might find that some foods you thought you wanted don't appeal to you anymore, or that they actually cause you more negative side effects than they're worth. Other foods might surprise you!

For example, I thought I'd really want pasta and cheese, but neither tasted that good to me during reintros. I also thought I'd really want hummus, but it made me feel so terrible that I can willingly give it up. And foods I thought I would feel "meh" about (white rice, corn), but wanted to reintroduce because they're components of dishes/experiences I think are "worth it" (sushi, summer corn eaten outside with friends or family) ended up being MINDBLOWINGLY DELICIOUS and actually didn't have any major negative side-effects!

You are right!!! There could be things that aren't the same!  I have no idea until it's time. I know I need to do reintro because I know vacation will throw SOME things at me that i'll want to eat, but when I get back, it's back to strict eating again.

I know that it is scary to think about Reintroduction when you've been so successful on a strict Whole30, but I think there are things you can do to manage what post-Whole30 life looks like. I mean, you've already made some decisions about what that's going to look like for you - no soy, minimal grains, dairy in your coffee, and only a little sugar. So those are your new guidelines tailor-made for you. Have you seen Melissa Hartwig's posts on what she eats here, here, and here?

One thing to remember is that Reintro is pretty slow - 2 strict Whole30 days for every day that you reintroduce a food group, and you can even slow your roll. So far I am finding that I eat very very similarly to the Whole30, but I don't have to freak out if I use ketchup or mayo with added sugar, or cashew nuts that were roasted in peanut oil. So it's definitely more convenient. 

I will be leaving for an 8-day business trip in one week, and I plan to keep journaling my meals, so I may be able to serve as a guinea pig for you on how to do Whole30-ish eating while traveling. (Although mine is a conference staying at hotels with a per diem, which is a different beast from driving across states with a small child). But if you are not on a strict Whole30, it will be much more doable, and it doesn't mean that you (or I) will throw all our new habits out the window. 

Can't wait to see how your trip goes. You can give me heads up on how it went!

Day 48.

I feel good to know that I'm going to start running at the C&O canal 2-3x per week! YAY! This is my running happy place. It's shaded, full of other people, and safe. I don't have to worry about cars, or traffic. It also is where I've done 98% of my running in the last ten years, so it's a little nostalgic for me! Hubby said I could go right from work so I wasn't too much later than I normally get home. I'm excited. Physical exercise will certainly help me!

Walked for about 30 minutes my husband and daughter last night. She LOVES going for walks, so it makes it that much easier to get out the door when I get home.

I also decided that I'm spending too much time on the couch at night, and not enough cleaning so I came up with a list of chores to do each night, and I'm not allowed to "sit" until they done. Last night I cleaned the kitchen for over an hour before i sat down at 9pm. This will help keep the house tidy, and slowly cut down on unhealthy habits like sitting my butt in front of the TV.

Petitemortuaire is right. I was dying to have oatmeal during my Whole30, and when I finally did it was okay, but what really blew my mind was refried black beans. OMG, so good!!!!!!! And not one moment on the Whole30 did I crave beans.

Running along the canal sounds really nice. I think just being outside is therapeutic. I am looking forward to adding more exercise back in after my trip. 

Did you know that there is going to be a site-wide Whole30 starting July 1st?

Day 49.

Completely blanked on the way out the door this morning and forgot to bring my running stuff!! CRAP. I need to prepare a bag and just keep it in my car so that I can't forget when I'm carrying my daughter out and all my stuff for work!

Julie- no! I didn't know there was a site wide Whole30 on July 1st!

Day 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HALFWAY POINT!!!!!!!!

Do you know how good this feels? I feel amazing. I get many of compliments. My size 12 jeans are getting too big. My face is clearing up. I haven't taken an Advil in over 40 days! This was the best decision I've ever made. The first couple weeks drug sooooo bad, but now that I'm 50 days in, it doesn't seem bad at all!

I'm going to attach a picture of my face so you can see my progress..

well. nevermind. I can't figure out how to! The URL link makes no sense, because it's on my computer. Sorry guys!

Congratulations!!!!!! And do we now know that your name is Britt?  :) I like that name.

I want to see the picture! I finally figured out that you click "More Reply Options" you get taken to a different editor that has an option for attaching files such as pictures.

That is so great that you've seen so many positive changes from eating this way. It is amazing, isn't it? And I hope you are feeling proud of yourself because it doesn't just happen; it takes a lot of work.

Congratulations!!!!!! And do we now know that your name is Britt?  :) I like that name.

I want to see the picture! I finally figured out that you click "More Reply Options" you get taken to a different editor that has an option for attaching files such as pictures.

That is so great that you've seen so many positive changes from eating this way. It is amazing, isn't it? And I hope you are feeling proud of yourself because it doesn't just happen; it takes a lot of work.

Yes, I'm Britt!! :)

and the editor I was trying to use IS when I hit More Reply Options! I don't understand the URL thing when posting from your hard drive? Ack!

Day 53.

Boy, what a weekend!!! It was packed full of activity!

On Saturday, I took my Daughter's one year pictures. It was hectic, stressful, and HOT, but the outcome of the pics was wonderful! They are so adorable, and it's even more special that I took them myself!

After that, we went swimming at my grandfather's again. We took more ribeye, and carrots and guacamole! SO SO good!

Sunday, we went to see my sister's new house! They just bought it and it's on 5 acres of wooded land and it's just beautiful!! We stopped on the way home at this little Italian place that had gluten free pasta, pizza, and SUBS! I was kind of bummed because I could NEVER find this stuff in my travels before. I just had a plain hamburger with plain salad. Boring. The "bummed" feeling only lasts while everyone is eating, and when we left, I felt find and was glad that I didn't eat any crap. I do not miss the horrible bloating I always had!

This weekend is my daughter's first birthday party!! (Her actual birthday is TOMORROW!!!) I am so excited to get it all decorated, and celebrate! We are going to the aquarium tomorrow. She is going to love it!!!

I read your log too. Very nice posting :)

Just reading other people's ups and downs helps so much!

I am day 25 of my first whole 30. I laugh at the similarities. Funny how people can think they are in a bubble, being the only one experiencing food boredom, breakouts, good sleep, restless sleep, loving food, not wanting to eat at all.....  :lol:

I too will be doing a whole100. 

Happy Day to you!!!

Day 53.

The "bummed" feeling only lasts while everyone is eating, and when we left, I felt find and was glad that I didn't eat any crap. I do not miss the horrible bloating I always had!

This weekend is my daughter's first birthday party!! (Her actual birthday is TOMORROW!!!) I am so excited to get it all decorated, and celebrate! We are going to the aquarium tomorrow. She is going to love it!!!

Isn't it great that we can finally tell our brain "no, I'm not choosing that" and get through those uncomfortable meal times?  I remember when "no" quickly turned to "well, just a little" to a full out binge.  Congratulations for choosing not to be bloated... ha ha.  

Happy birthday to your little one... what an exciting time!   :)

Archived