Can i have organic honey?

Ycamilandi

• Moderators

In some sites tells that honey is totally paleo but i dont know if i can use it in my whole30 diet

You might want to review the Whole30 rules and the Can I Have list that addresses the most asked questions about whether or not foods are on-plan or not.

There's also several helpful downloads here, shopping lists and meal template and stuff.

Pre-workout is protein and fat - for instance, a hard boiled egg (eat the yolk!).

Post-workout is lean protein and carbs - for instance, chicken breast and cubed roasted sweet potato

Does that help?

A few weeks ago, I started my boyfriend on a regimen of local bee pollen 2x a day and 1x a day he gets 1tbsp raw local wildflower honey. His allergies have gotten significantly better. He's able to stop taking claritan completely. His allergies were terrible prior to this. We started Whole30 a few days ago and decided to keep the pollen/honey regimen during this because of the benefits. I truly believe they outweigh the risk of a smidge of honey. Especially since he makes sure to eat healthy fat choice when he has the honey. While it is added sugar, the health benefits can be great if the quality is legit.

Sure, that's amazing. He is improving his health and keeping you a company, which is awesome, but it's just not a Whole30 for him. It's his own plan then. Sorry for getting anal here, but rules are rules :) Good luck and hope to see your post in the Success stories, bendy lady.  

Sure, that's amazing. He is improving his health and keeping you a company, which is awesome, but it's just not a Whole30 for him. It's his own plan then. Sorry for getting anal here, but rules are rules :) Good luck and hope to see your post in the Success stories, bendy lady.  

Thank you! I am excited to be on plan with this. Just having him tag along with the rest of the plan is super helpful for me! I did the AIP protocol for 4 months and felt amazing, but then fell off track. Years of bodybuilding and eating disorders screwed up my digestive track,thyroid, as well as my relationship with food. So you see, I cannot wait to feel mentally sound and healthy again with food. I will surely have a zillion questions and posts the next few weeks.

• 2 years later...

So, honey is not compliant as a sweetener...but if taken medicinally, he's not using it to sweeten something. Just as those who may have to continue weighing daily for medicine dosage (diabetic, heart, etc.  Some require daily weighing for precise dosage). You can't tell me those people aren't doing a Whole30 bc they stepped on the scale, right? This guy isn't eating honey to get a sugar fix. He's taking a minimal dosage to keep from having to take allergy shots. 

This post is over 2 years old. 

Your body isn't able to partition the honey as "oh, this is medicine, so I won't let it trigger a craving for cake". Just like it can't say "this soy is in a medicine so, even though legumes mess me up something horrible, this will be fine because it's medicine". For me, the added sugar every day of going on a "natural" allergy treatment like local honey isn't worth the added sugar because I have an ridiculous family history of diabetes. I'd rather Claritin than Insulin. 

Regardless, the rules are the rules. No scale, no sugar/honey/stevia/etc.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Spirithive said:

That’s understandable. 

My point is that many pharmaceuticals contain things that are not whole30 compliant. I take a prescription everyday that has sucralose as a binder. Am I not Whole30 compliant?

Doctor's orders trump Whole30, so if you've been prescribed something, then its approved for your Whole30.  For over the counter items that people choose to take themselves like cough syrup or claratin, that's their choice and no Whole30 police are going to come around and smack it out of their hands, but we really strongly encourage people to be compliant even within their vitamins and OTC supplements during their 30 days as some of those items like corn and lactose can be highly problematic.

Archived