Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I *really* need to get something off my chest......

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat people!

1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat, which weighs the same 1lb of feathers, or 1lb of lead.

Muscle IS however more DENSE than fat & therefore takes up LESS SPACE, so when you build lean muscle mass you may not necessarily lose weight, but you will look leaner (and take up less space!).

That is all.

fat-VS-muscle.jpg

And relaaaaaaaaaaaax  :D

O

M

G

Something said to me go check in!

Yes it's only deadly for me! I loved it there Mmm

First of all Cottage queen I apologize if anything I mentioned was taken personally or seriously I've never meant to hurt your feelings you have enough stress in your life!!

Secondly I agree with Espie it's not so bad if you know how you can eat out and survive I'm not there yet (just about Chinese last Friday) zone day at a time with me

Thirdly I'm not here to judge We are all in this together right?? I'm a Newbie I have no answers only can apply it to how I would react!

It's hard to eat out in this world I cook 20 meals per week so I can manage One night Out! Lol

Let's keep it light ok?

No feelings hurt here, didn't think you were judging either, so no need to apologize.. Love that you are considerate anywho! :wub:  Sorry if I came off that way. Just curious about your experience/knowledge. Thought maybe I was missing something! Forum communication can be hard, so I tend to ask questions when I am unsure. I don't like to assume things if ya know what I mean... :o  Been in trouble too many times and seen way too many flame wars on other forums for that. So just know, when i ask questions I am trying to become smarter/wiser in my own journey to better health. I'll try to think more about how I word things to help decrease any misunderstandings. Keep up the good work!

Probably didn't help matters that I was posting on a day of massive proportions!

Cottage Queen it's ok no flame or spark here!

Enjoy the ride peacefully You'll be better soon

Life's a journey as we all know it gets bumpy

Some of us can share it and some of us can't

Take your time stress less it's a long ride

God only gives you what you can handle

Hi my name is April

What beautiful pictures!  I love the good attitude and humor.  I'm in.  

Day 1 was yesterday.  This is my 2d W30.  The first was a W60, and I felt amazing. After that I had a couple attempts that lasted up to 17 days.  Now I'm good to go again.  Cleaned out my house and gave my family the heads up that any off plan food needs to happen outside our home.  They are college age so they can handle that.

Symptoms:  I had the best night sleep last night since the last W30.  

Meadow - your family is in my prayers!

All - thanks to everyone who has accomplished the latest chore. For everyone else....get to it! 

Saturday chore - clean a bathroom...at least one......or all of them.....your choice! Top to bottom......white glove inspection to follow.

I have been having a very rough time with allergies for the past month and have even stumped my allergist. Nothing has worked, higher dosages, strong anti-biotics......nothing! So I laid in bed and decided to do my own troubleshooting. I woke up in the early hours three days ago and decided to start writing down my food intake. The one that was most glaring......was eggs! I stopped eating eggs three days ago and the hives have gone away. Coincidence? Not sure yet! Fingers crossed.

Hope all is well, keep up the good work.

April - welcome to US.....we are a mess....but a force to be reckoned with!

Dave

April - welcome to US.....we are a mess....but a force to be reckoned with!

Dave

"mess" like the aftermath of a Tasmanian Devil! WOOT!

tasmanian_devil.jpg

(or this, whichever you prefer...)

nCP1Urx.jpg

Oh Dave, not the eggs! I love eggs. I've been having allergy issues this week as well but I think it's pollen/dander or its this lingering congestion from last weeks cold. But it's keeping me from working out. Boo.

Prayers for your Paw Meadow.

I'm still working on the master bedroom for my chore. Bathroom will happen Sunday! It was next on my list anyhow.  ;)

It's monthly meeting day - IDK why but they are all scheduled on the same day and they start at 7:30am.  :angry: I'm presently ignoring the bagels, donuts and croissants the presenting group brought in and am so glad that I had a filling and compliant breakfast. If I look at that table of carbs I can feel my belt getting tighter. haha.

So glad to find out about 5 Guys. I try to avoid eating out but I know my cowboy likes to give me a break from cooking once a week so this will be a safe option. Sadly, he doesn't like Chipotle so we don't ever go there. I usually get a salad with grilled meat and take either coconut aminos or balsamic vinegar/olive oil with me. 

Have a good day everyone! 

It's Day 2 and I'm not sure if I'm feeling tired bc I only had 6 hours of sleep or its a W30 Hangover but I'm with our little Lady... I just feel like nappin'...

post-61557-0-98835800-1431617002_thumb.j

Hi my name is April

What beautiful pictures!  I love the good attitude and humor.  I'm in.  

Day 1 was yesterday.  This is my 2d W30.  The first was a W60, and I felt amazing. After that I had a couple attempts that lasted up to 17 days.  Now I'm good to go again.  Cleaned out my house and gave my family the heads up that any off plan food needs to happen outside our home.  They are college age so they can handle that.

Symptoms:  I had the best night sleep last night since the last W30.  

Welcome April! From another group newbie. :)

I'm thinking of doing a 60 or 90 or 120... All summer sounds good to me. We have a trip to Mexico scheduled in October so I want to be swimsuit ready and hopefully healthy enough that I don't come back with vacation cooties! haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr1BiEvb6Iw

I'm all  JACKED UP!!!!   I'VE BEEN DRINKING COFFEE ALL NIGHT LONG!!!   OOOOOOoooooo

baby,  I'm on a caffeine high.

I am WIDE AWAKE!!!

We're all put back together,  Paw....that is.    I'll tell you later.  Right now,  I'm going to enjoy being all Jacked Up on Coffee.

Thanks a million for your prayers.   Prayers mean more to me than all of the multi crap in the world.

I could live on COFFEEEEEE  AND YOUR PRAYERS.

Coffee-Posters.jpg

Actually, the planet is shaking.   I don't feel bad at all.  I haven't had this much coffee in a year.   Ooooooo, I don't think it will stir up the Coffee Snark Monster too much.....I drank it black, yes, I did.   Black coffee is not that tempting....but I did throw some MacNut Oil and clarified butter in that coffee to try and counteract the battery acid effect.  Coffee is very acidic.  So in all honesty,  I drank the WD30 blend or the WD40 blend which is Paw's favorite.  He believes a lil WD40 can fix anything.  A well oiled machine running on WD30 and WD40.  The original thread dcducks started was the Whole Dirty 30. I still refer to the group as the WD30.  Maw and Paw ask...are you still doing the WD30?  Or I say, the WD30 says.....they know what I mean.  

I needed coffee to stay awake for driving and along with your prayers, they kept me going.

It was an old tool but I'll put it back in the kit.   Right now,  I'm going to enjoy it and maybe clean some more clocks and closets. 

We're fixin' to have some center cut pork chops and eggs (sorry about the allergy, dcducks), sauteed kale and spinach for brekkie.  Then I'll start cleanin' and riddin'.   Last night, I was fetchin' and catchin'....runnin' for whatever needed to be done.   Don't stick a fork in me yet, I ain't done.

Protein is a miracle.   If I hadn't had that wonderful steak for supper with all of the copasinki compliant tiddly winks....I don't think I would've had the jet fuel to keep runnin'....even with that battery acid. Dried fruits and nuts won't get you there.  Eating protein throughout your day - 3 X minimum is the antidote for whatever is ailing you.

Remember, if you want dessert....kick it to the curb with protein, good dietary fats and vege.  Reach for protein, don't reach for dried fruits and nuts.

Like CC says.....it's really simple.  All you have to do is ask yourself and check yourself before you wreck yourself  "Is this a protein, fat, or vege I'm about ready to eat?"   If you're hungry like a bear....snacking on tiddly winks won't get you there.   Protein is a miracle.

So long until I catch you over at the Hitching Post bunkhouse.

I took those coffee photos down because that might stir up a dairy monster for someone here.   My eyes are getting very, very sleepy.  Close yur lil baby eyes....close yur lil eyes.  

Meadow - so happy Paw is okay.

April - sending a very warm welcome your way.

Lissfish - I've done many whole 30's/whole whatevers.  This time I'm planning on a very long one - maybe 60, 90, 100 - so I'll be right beside you on my journey.

jmcbn - so many people think muscle weighs more than fat.  Thanks for the clarification. 

dcducks - I've also been having issues with allergies/asthma.  Part of my problem was that my advair (preventive medicine for asthma) was empty and I didn't even know it.  It would help if I paid attention to the counter on the medication. 

Cottage and Mega - we all have great relationships on this thread.  Love all the respect we show for one another. 

Espie - those pictures are powerful!

Finally, I got off my butt and out for a one hour walk.  It's no big deal but I feel good about it.  I must get this depression under control and start living life.  My life has been dedicated to Steve which is fine but I need to do something to help myself.  For the newbies, Steve (my significant other) had a stem cell transplant in August 2014.  Since then he has battled both acute and chronic graft vs. host disease.  To put it simply, life has been a rollercoaster with many more downs than ups.  The last 4 weeks have been especially difficult.  Steve has a bacterial infection and his body is having a difficult time fighting it.  The antirejection drug and the prednisone compromise his immune system but he must be on these drugs.  My goal in life is to keep him alive and as happy and healthy as possible.

Laurie -  your great decision to go for the walk.  Yeah, it is a big deal.  Yes, you have had a whirlwind year.  That ain't easy and you're no quitter.   Never have been and never will be.  

We know someone whose wife 'runn oft'.  Two years ago, he started out at 350 lbs.  Today, he swings between 175 and 180.  He's in beast mode because he worked up to it and it helped heal his mind and broken heart.  (Still doesn't want any blind dates or any advice from the matchmaker Peanut Gallery, says he'll never marry again.)

He eats fish 3X day. Greens and vege, good fats and only berries for his fruit.  He's in a set routine and does not vary because he has beast mode goals.   He runs and boxes every day.  He boxes in the morning and runs at lunchtime.  His typical day is..if he needs figs or dates for toity :P  :P  probs, he'll eat those.  He rarely eats eggs.

B - sardines, smoked mackerel, squid, vege, fats

L - smoked oysters, salmon, vege, fats, berries

D - smoked mussels and tuna, vege, fats 

He is really tweaking his muscle gain and fat loss equations.  He's all dialed in and knows that his strength training requires certain amounts of protein consumption.  It's a rather complicated process but he knows his body so well that on Tuesday's and only on Tuesdays....certain things happen to him. :D  More crap hits the fan, things like that. :lol:   I like all of the details.  For him (most of us)...sugar plus grains = fat gain.   When he eats his good food, he doesn't gain a single ounce and stays right in the pocket.

He's working on a theme called Maintenance and his progress is a visual of what weight stability really means when you've released that much weight all on your own.   He knows his body so well and practices alot of intuitive eating.

Recent nugget of truth he threw my way.  Alot of what we think is a weight plateau is not a plateau at all.  If you've been stuck for a very long time, you've just intuitively learned all on your own how to create a Maintenance Plan.   Remember everything you've been doing and your Maintenance Plan will look exactly like what you've already been doing.

That was a huge lightbulb moment for me.  No one has ever taught me that.  If you're in the pocket and not gaining....that's maintenance.  Yes, there are the 2-5 lbs bumps up and down that are normal for everyone but I'm talking no rebound weight gain.  That's maintenance.

It may not be your setpoint but you are in a Maintenance Mode.  If you're not there yet, you have to tweak what you've been doing.  Adjust up or down, twist yourself into pretzel contortions, those kinds of things...if you're still reading this.  BwwwaaaaHaaaaaaHaaaaaaaa. :D   After all, I'm still all jacked up from drinking coffee all night long.  I went swimming, too.  I mostly goofed off and just swam in circles - looking at the ceiling beams.  Are you still here?  Because I'm having a heckuva good time.  I'm blathering on and foaming at the mouth.  You guys are all shaded up underneath some tree, snoozing away.  I'm shooting the breeze with myself.  It's about time to fix some supper.   Talking about all of that fish has made me hungry for something wonderful and who really cares about that dingaling...I know you guys probably don't.   :D  :lol: 

It's taken him 2 years to get here.  He is consistent, dedicated and motivated.  He told us he needs to work out 2 X day or else he gets the blues.  

He says he can stop thinking when he exercises.  His mind clears and he's happy...it keeps him runnin'. The part I really like is his weight stability when crap continually hits the fan.  He told me that switching back and forth or bouncing off the walls with refined carbs is the sure-fire way to go straight back to Groundhog Day.

If anyone has come from that background and you have plans to immediately return to that way of life....you'll get the same results that brought you here in the first place.   It ain't worth it.   

It often takes a health crisis before we draw our line in the sand.  It shouldn't but that's human nature. 

I would like to have all of the answers and keys to what causes certain foods to make us crazy pants - but my time is better spent on TODAY.  Today has enough worries all of its' own.

Laurie - so glad to hear you're taking some time to yourself - you'll be a better person becasue of it, and Steve will appreciate that when he sees you smile. You say that your goal in life is to see him as happy and as healthy as possible - I'm SURE that's also his goal for you.

Meadow - so glad to hear that Paw is okay - what we would do without our parents, who raised us and made us the people we are... and I'm loving your neighbour's attitude. Consistency is key - small, consistent steps - dedication, determination & discipline. And those endorphins that he's getting every day are key to keeping him happy & focused.

April - welcome! I should warn you - the pictures ain't always pretty! 

Ddcducks - I've been good and done my chores. I'm *hopeful* the first born won't notice that things in his room have been ever so slightly rearranged. I'm not so hopeful that he'll notice that there's been any cleaning done - boys his age just don't notice these things.... Hopefully you'll get the allergy thing resolved soon - I'd be very sad if I had to miss out on eggs, so hopefully that's just a coincidence.

Me, I've had a good day - grateful to have gotten the worst few days of my training program out of the way, feeling well fed, well tuned, and ready to power on....

...if you're still reading this.  BwwwaaaaHaaaaaaHaaaaaaaa. :D[/b][/font][/color]   After all, I'm still all jacked up from drinking coffee all night long.  I went swimming, too.  I mostly goofed off and just swam in circles - looking at the ceiling beams.  Are you still here?  Because I'm having a heckuva good time.  I'm blathering on and foaming at the mouth.  You guys are all shaded up underneath some tree, snoozing away.  I'm shooting the breeze with myself.  It's about time to fix some supper.   Talking about all of that fish has made me hungry for something wonderful and who really cares about that dingaling...I know you guys probably don't.   :D  :lol: 

Meadow...you crack me up!!

I also wanted to ask ? Jmcbn ? I really enjoy a chef named Kevin Dundan if that's correct He's a wonderful cook and his meals seem adjustable to W30 Has anyone tried his recipes?

MeGA I think almost any recipe can be made whole30 compliant if you think outside of the box. Traditional Irish food has always been very wholesome, as being an island we have a vast supply of fresh fish, and the landscape provides us with an abundance of wonderful veg - we practically invented the potato!  ;) 

Then grass-fed beef, and the wonderfully creamy Kerrygold butter - perfect for making ghee....

Was there a particular recipe of his you wanted to adapt?

Morning all! Another 12 hour work day! Mom is coming home today!

Meadow! Good news on Paw.

Welcome April The more the merrier!

Dcducks1, cleaned a hot spot in my bathroom and a junk drawer Wed. Will Finish that bathroom tomorrow as well as Wed challenge. Scouts Honor!

Makin' this quick, gotta run here shortly.

Fat and muscle... it's all in the context peeps! Yep, 5 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of muscle weigh the same, however 5 cc of fat and 5 cc of muscle don't therefore in that context muscle weighs more than fat... :D:ph34r:

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

Haha  Yes Meadow must be a mind reader!  Yesterday I had a smallish handful a fruit and nuts after dinner instead of desert.  This morning I read:

Remember, if you want dessert....kick it to the curb with protein, good dietary fats and vege.  Reach for protein, don't reach for dried fruits and nuts.

Of course I know you are right.  I will remember that today!  I already got my favorite, cashews out of the house, too easy to overdo!

I am glad your Paw is on the mend, Meadow.  And thank you all for the nice welcome.  Fun group.  Love the Tasmanian devils!

Day 2

M1 coffee w egg and coconut cream

M1 lettuce, radishes, carrot, cuke w O&V, and homemade chicken salad

M3 Curried chicken with broccoli, yellow peppers, and mushrooms on cauliflower rice.  Plus those darn pecans and raisins, but just a few.

What is the chore thing?

April that breakfast of yours looks very small and seriously lacking in vegetables! How many eggs did you have? You know that when eggs are your sole source of protein you should be having as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand? That's 3-4 for most people.... Serve those up, then fill your plate with veggies - include cooked ones (roasted are good) to fill you up better - if it's leafy veg you need a TON to keep you full for 4-5hrs... And be sure to take your coffee after you eat as it can be an appetite suppressant. Don't worry - we'll keep your right  ;) 

The chores are something dcducks dishes out to keep us all focused on this journey.... they're good for the soul!  :D

Oh, and re the fat v muscle debate? Point taken CQ!!  B) So glad to hear your mom is coming home...

Archived